Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

YggiDee posted:

So what's the over-under on the Flash featuring Fedorafreak achieving God-Tier? I have no idea what to expect from this guy any more.

I maintain my firm belief that either WV or FedoraFreak become Lord English via time shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Maybe the flash is so large that Hussie wil have no choice but to split it into two parts. And then we'll get [S] GOD and [S] DAAAAAAAMMNN

Ape Has Killed Ape fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 25, 2011

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Tom Flup is gonna be pissed in the morning.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I like watching the little viewer counter go up.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

You have six minutes to get in on that stream before it starts.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Hey, isn't there supposed to be a new album dropping today as well?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

closeted republican posted:

ACTUAL SPOILERS But wouldn't the Green Sun blowing up get rid of her First Guardian powers?

SUPER REAL ACTUAL SPOILERS The Green Sun wasn't destroyed in this flash, it was created. I think.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

ACTUAL SPOILERS BUT CONTAINING A JOKE CONCERNING THE SPOILERS So is Jade Lord English now?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Idunn posted:

One thing I still don't get is why killing Snowman is supposed to end the world or something. Is she the trolls' equivalent of Bilious Slick? If that's the case, why? I don't think this has ever been explained.

It's an thing Scratch gave her when she came into Lord English's service.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

REAL SPOILERS BUT ALSO SPECULATION So is Scratch dead now? Also how is Lord English going to be menacing when Jade can now just pick up planets and tear rear end out of the universe? What could possibly be a threat now?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

drat chimera posted:

How did Dave and Rose die? Was the Green Sun actually created on top of them?

Yes. That is exactly what happened.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Ominous Jazz posted:

Oh what, how did I miss that? Wasn't karkat COVERED in wrigglers?

The original Troll session. The one that was scratched.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Oh goddammit. HUSSIE!

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Well, know I want to know that this would be.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Cracky posted:

Can anyone remind me how Gamzee got the hammer?

Well he just... Just sort of reached over.... And....

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

An entire planet of furrys. That is the post scratch world.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Mortal Sword posted:

I like the way Book 1 has turned out, but I may be biased. I'm certainly hoping it'll be received well.

The flashes are translated just like Hussie said they'd be back when he first announced the books - as sequential art. I'm not really allowed to discuss specifics before the books are out, but I certainly worked with Hussie to tackle the issue of how best to translate the more dynamic flashes to print.

Is it a pop-out book? Tell me it's a pop-out book, even if it's a lie.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Radio Paranoia posted:

That's going to get a little unpleasant during the Bec Noir / troll stabathon.

Pull the tab to stab Nepeta's dreamself. You turn the page and it's a pop out of Derse blowing up.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Well Manicured Man posted:

It reminds me of cartoons like "Samurai Jack" where the bad guys were giant monsters or robots, so their "blood" was always radioactive green or black and they could show as much bloody carnage as he wanted as long as there wasn't any "human" blood shown. Quite a few action cartoons from my childhood did this if I remember correctly.

I remember the episode where he fought an entire army of giant robot beetles. Near the end Jack is just covered in oil. The robot's are shooting oil everywhere, Jack cuts the head off one and a huge jet of oil shoots out of its neck and sprays Jack.

My first thought was that if the oil was red, this cartoon would be banned. My second thought was that Jack was covered in cuts, that oil must burn like gently caress.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Dad is going to be Lord English. In-fact, everyone in this new world expect the kids is Lord English. I don't mean multiple Lord English, just the one. He just pretends to be multiple people via time travel. Lord English is currently pretending to be Dad. He goes to the store that is staffed by himself in the past, is rung up by himself in the past, then goes home, makes a cake and watches himself on TV while it bakes.

Lord English is really, really bored.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Walliard posted:

In other news, the cosplayers are already here.

Well, this is it. We've hit peak internet. Shut it down, we had a good run but it's over. See you all at the afterparty.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Walliard posted:

I think that's just a waiter showing someone to their table. Still pretty serendipitous, though.

"Your table is over here sir. And be sure to point and laugh at the nerds as we pass by them."

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I wonder if we can pay Donald Gibb to follow these people around, and basically shame them into submission.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

So this means that Bros shades were alive in the kids universe. And Jack killed them.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

This is now a sad page.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Rooreelooo posted:

The B2 kids will create the A1 trolls and nobody will know what the gently caress

"Who are these douchebags?"

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I hope crabdad tries to attack Jake, and Jake paps and shooses him away.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

So uhh question. Jack killed the kids universe, but the Scratch reset it. So is there a new universe frog somewhere else, or did a new one just pop right into place of the old one? And if it's the latter, is Jack just standing there wondering why he's having so much trouble getting the things he kills to stay dead? Because I would love that.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Cracky posted:

Correct me if I'm being completely retarded and can't flip it turn-ways, but does this mean the original four kids' session is over? The universes have been destroyed, John is stuffed, and we haven't seen any signs of Rose, Jade or Dave.
Can something the new kids do influence the past, or are we in "whatever happened, happened"-land?

The universe ended and their session was reset. Fortunately they all got the gently caress out of there beforehand. Presumably, once the new kids start their session, the old kids will bust in Kool-Aid Man style.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Slime posted:

I have one thing to say that disproves this theory.

Tinkerbulls. Herds of 'em. How is that meant to toughen anyone up?

Oh sure they look harmless, and when they're alone they generally are. But a swarm of them can strip a man to the bone in less than a minute. And look adorable doing it.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Nilbop posted:

I think I know how he's going to get past that lusus :3:

Put your guns away Jake, the only weapons you need here are Pap and Shoosh.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Can someone explain to me why people like homestuck? every time I've tried to read this I came away thinking

• Why the gently caress would I want to read chatlogs ever?
  • These pixel animations are somewhat neat, the art style seems alright
  • What the gently caress is with everyone shipping these characters??
  • I have no loving clue what's going on with anything, the plot seems inane.

Help?

The chatlogs are pretty funny, think of them less as chatlogs and more of the characters having a conversation. Just sit down and force yourself to read a few of them. But yah, they do get pretty long, I don't blame you for seeing them and going "nope not reading that". It's one of the biggest hurdles of this comic.

Also you should avoid the fanbase like leprosy. They are all awful. And some of the plot can be confusing, especially when you get into the time travel stuff, which can be summed up in this page.

Or it may turn out that you simply don't like the comic. That's OK too, everyone has different tastes.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Dove. Dove Strider. It's ironic, you wouldn't understand.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Boneless Jogger posted:

I've missed the echeladder jokes. The next level on the ladder is kind of ominous, though. It could just mean she has no genetic parent thanks to weird ectobiology poo poo, but it could also mean Not Good Things for Dad. :ohdear:

Dad doesn't die, he just moves on to another universe.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Oh sure they look harmless, and when they're alone they generally are. But a swarm of them can strip a man to the bone in less than a minute. And look adorable doing it.

Called it. :smug:

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

An important lesson about listening to your parents kids.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

It's counting down and it's a looping gif.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Chunky12345 posted:

It doesn't loop. It's stopping at two ticks before starting over at the III for a reason.

And that reason is? I mean it's 4am here and I need to go to bed but it sure as hell looks to me that the clock is ticking down, giving Hussietron 3/4ths of a nanosecond to mess with John and Jade before the gif loops. If something else is going on here, please tell me.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

You're overthinking it. The reason is just that the gif technically loops, but it's not meant to suggest that the clock is looping. So there's a little break where the hand freezes before the animation starts over.

I'm not saying the clock is looping, I'm saying the gif is looping. I don't see where I said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Oh so the ears aren't part of the hood. OK then.