Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Hey guys, during this hiatus, me and a whole bunch of folk related-to and not-so-related-to making Homestuck decided to do another damned Homestuck podcast.

Episode 2 (about three quarters of the way through), Noot, RJ from the music team and I had a really good discussion about the increasingly-story-relevant meta elements of Homestuck and how it's tied in with the narrative itself. We talked about it in regards to Lord English and what's going to happen in the next two acts. Please check it out because I think we did alright.

In regards to flash speculation, I'm 78% certain that the kid's and troll's plan to escape their sessions into the new reset human one while killing Jack at the same time is going to go horribly, horribly awry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Oxxidation posted:

I am still morbidly convinced that the blood on Jack's hand will somehow turn out to be Karkat's.

Hussie makes us love things only so he can take them away.
It's more than likely going to be Jade's given she's right there with him. Your second sentence still applies. :(

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
How can Rose go godtier without a dreamself though? I believe that Scratch talking about going Godtier means that it'll happen to someone else (otherwise what's the use of bringing it up again?) but Rose has probably already ruined it for herself by dying the first time.

I think if anyone's going to go Godtier, it'll be Jade because she's technically still got her dreamself floating around and Jack needs to get red blood on his hand some way or another and Jade's, you know, right there. Someone's just going to need to ferry her off to her spare quest bed before she dies and then get the hell out before poo poo gets scratched.

Speculatin' sure is fun.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Paul.Power posted:

She's got a dreamself. That is to say, she is one.

Granted, her original self is already dead. But that didn't stop Aradia.
But dream-Aradia had robo-Aradia at the same time and I see no robo-Rose. Yet.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4NvBz8xac

Oh, Michael Bowman, you're so dreamy.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

marsattacks posted:

We are Lord English.
Impossible. Lord English has banner-alt-text powers. We don't have that power. Unless I missed that memo. In which case, poo poo.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tollymain posted:

Tuesday cannot come fast enough

because gently caress all Mondays.
Just how TOKED UP do you even have to be to wait through Monday?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Firstly, HOLY poo poo AT loving EVERYTHING THAT JUST HAPPENED.

Now, that that's out of the way, John and Jade just smashed through the 4th wall, yes? Remember Lord English's coat is draped over one of the walls/windows? I'm thinking that John and Jade are currently smashing through one 4th wall/window, collecting Lord English's coat along the way via, you know, flying into it and then bringing it with them when they smash the other window into the new session. This is extremely troubling.

Also, the new album has a I'm a member of the Midnight Crew cover and it's THE BEST THING EVER.

e:fb drat

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 25, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Dizz posted:

Jack V PM
You know what rocks about this? Postwoman versus dog.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Blood Nightmaster posted:

So does this mean that that throwaway furry poster of a dog-witch thing in Jade's room was actually foreshadowing? :v:

Although I am almost certain I'm not the only one, I loving called it.

Roger Explosion posted:

foreshadowed ever since Jade's introduction

gently caress yessssssss, I love being right.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
You know what my first thought was when I saw Dave's Godtier outfit? Cape? Mask-like dark thing covering his eyes? gently caress me, he's the goddamned Batman. He's gone Bat-tier..

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Roger Explosion posted:

Now, that that's out of the way, John and Jade just smashed through the 4th wall, yes? Remember Lord English's coat is draped over one of the walls/windows? I'm thinking that John and Jade are currently smashing through one 4th wall/window, collecting Lord English's coat along the way via, you know, flying into it and then bringing it with them when they smash the other window into the new session. This is extremely troubling.e:fb drat
Just to add to this, it seems Dog-tier Jade now has the ability to ensmallen and embiggen things, Namely, an oversized coat perhaps?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ha, another thing, Doc shooting Snowman: Cueball sinking an 8-ball. There's a pile of something, here, and it doesn't stop from keeping on getting higher.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Eh? I thought Spades shot Snowman.
Blarg that's what I meant to say.

Om another note, I loved Jade's Wicked Witch of the West slippers/socks, and how she gets red slippers and Rose gets blue.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Call me crazy (or a slowpoke, if this has already been said) but I was just rereading Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff and I think it's its own session rather than just a funny reflection of the events of Homestuck. I mean, they fall rear end-over-head into the game, they alchemize stuff, have only one Prospit player, thus making their session void, they have a time out from their own big man, Hella Jeff dies on his quest bed (bottom right corner), Hella Jeff is actually depicted sleeping on Derse, they have their own scratching device (the church) which they know how activate because it's a call-back to a dream hella Jeff had that involved the big man and a yellow yard stick, then Hella Jeff watches the new sports (session) unfold in his post-scratch universe, only to be joined by Sweet Bro who bursts through a motherfucking wall to get there.

loving and, just like how our critical moment happened on a Tuesday and it took forever for Monday to be over, the same damned thing happened to them.

"Zoo" and "Thed Date" are post-SBaHJ-scratch events.

IT'S WATER loving TIGHT.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Oxyclean posted:

I sort of like this idea.

DMK could have been some game construct that just got absolutely corrupted/hosed up.

Secretly Problem Sleuth was actually a prototype of Sburb or some world that got mutated into this self-perpetuating game.
Well, if my crackpot theory #5683 is correct, Problem Sleuth, Bard Quest, Jailbreak, Homestuck and Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff are all versions of Sburb-like games.

Mspaintadventures.com is literally the Furthest Ring.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 31, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SynthOrange posted:

The ship is tiny and adorable now.
Which, if taken from John and Jade's perspective for those 3 nanoseconds, makes Andrew Hussie a pretty damned big man.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Speaking of him, where is his in-story avatar now? We never saw him go back through that fifth wall THIS IS IMPORTANT
He's back in his study. If he's not a dumb homo tool, he would've SNOPED the 5th wall's switch off.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Hrm, "JANE CROCKER" has 11 letters and this update was posted on the 11/11/11. I am 83% sure this means nothing and won't ever mean anything in any temporal context. Not a thing.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

CidGregor posted:

Is that a Spoonkind strife specibus card I see? If so, how the heck do you weaponize spoons? o_O
The same way you weaponize knitting needles, I suppose.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

quote:

What will you do?
RETRIEVE. YOUR. MOTHERFUCKING. ARMS.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wonder if this new universe's Rose/Dave will be genderswapped like it seems John/Jade has been? Does that mean we'll get a sword-wiedling cool chick? Ross?

Also, Jane's shirt is amazing and I want one.

Also, if we're going by past events, the humanoid pressing the "==> to continue" button is probably their an exile from this new universe's post-sburb future. Heeeeey! This world has only just been introduced and already it's possibly doomed! Awesome.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 11, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Cheeseball IV posted:

They aren't genderswapped they're guardianswapped. :)

Nanna/John
Mom/Rose
Bro/Dave
Gramps/Jade
Oh that's right. I wonder what "Mom" is like as a 16 year old girl? Probably trouble. :v:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
You know what is possibly going to be my favourite part about these updates? Is that 2 years ago, we'd look at a situation and wall of text like the one posted today and just think, 'Huh, that's interesting.' Now, however--because we know that everything always ends up being a thing--we're going to be searching through every little detail and comparing it to other potentially circumstantially simultaneous events in a grand effort to predict how this next act will play out.

It's almost as if Andrew had been planning on us reacting like this all along.

HRM UNCANNY.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tollymain posted:

Wow. Just read an entire blog about somebody reading the entirety of Homestuck over the course of 2 months or so. They started out basically roasting it. And then changed their mind once the story got underway. It's a hilarious read, but it's also kind of nostalgic. I can remember going through a lot of this stuff. It's been a hell of a ride, hasn't it?

http://what-the-gently caress-is-homestuck.tumblr.com/how
This is amazing.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

atomicthumbs posted:

what if bro turns out to be an ironic juggalo, in contrast to gamzee's devoted juggalo

would we be able to handle it
No.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So, the kids and the kid-versions of the guardians are going to play an 8-player session that is circumstantially simultaneous with a group of nice-trolls. If memory serves correct, trolls in the the troll session before the trolls we know (Karkat et. al) didn't have what it took to win the game. I wager this UU is a member of this first troll session, which would complete this multi-universal, mobious double-reacharound quite nicely.

And there, in the lid of the chest, is this universe's version of John. It sure is going to be weird to have both the guardian-version and the kid-version of the kids rolling around in the same universe.

Edit: this uranianUmbra is oddly Commonwealth in the way she types.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Nov 15, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

If UU is genuine, she knows who these players are and that they'll succeed - that alone suggests it's someone else entirely. I think one option is that it's someone from the English-free universe they'll end up creating, although I wouldn't go so far as to say it's certainly that.
But if she's from an English-free universe and starting another session, doesn't that mean they're just about to make another universe? That would be such a shitload of universes!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wager that kidBro's t-shirt logo will be a shuriken.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Can't Jane--being the Hero of Life and all--just snog him alive?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Starmaker posted:

That's what I was thinking.

Also, what's the title we have left again? From the dead trolls we have the spares rogue, page, prince, and one other. So Page of Hope, and I dunno, Rogue of Void and Prince of Heart?

What was the other one again?

Oh yeah, thief. I wonder if she'll be the Thief of Life
Her intro page hints at her being the Maid of Life.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
What the hell are you guys talking about? I can't see anything in the backgrOH DEAR GOD.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I will never ever tire of mom-Lalonde chatlogs.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

YggiDee posted:

Is there a Gl'bgolyb? We're all hosed.
Yes, there will be plenty of them. The will be jellyfish-sized and make little glub sounds that kinda annoy you a bit.

Also, with the lusus-things actually being a thing in this universe's earth, it kinda confirms that there exists a blood spectrum. At least for the FAUNA.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
That robot is terrifying. I am terrified.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Karkat.

This is seriously perfect.

Also, Vriska. (And Tavros as well why the hell not).

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Factory Factory posted:

Maybe I have a different headcanon? :confused:
This never stops keeping being amazing.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Boneless Jogger posted:

I hope before the comic is finished, there's a memo with all the human Derse kids. It will just be endless snark, forever.
This is one of the many chatlog combos I want. Number one for me would be one between Dave, Bro, Davesprite, Broshades and possibly Bro-Dave. And they would ask how loving awesome they are.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So I have decided to finally get my credit card under control and to stop impulse buying anything that takes even my slightest fancy on the interneAHAHAHA WHO AM I KIDDING drat NEAR $200 ON FOUR COMIC BOOKS SHIPPED TO AUSTRALIA AND THUS I WILL HAVE ALL OF THE MSPAINT ADVENTURES ALL OF THEM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Boneless Jogger posted:

Oh hey, look at this. Hero of Life and Hero of Void god tier hoodies.

Edit: Also according to Hussie's tumblr, the final four god tier designs will be released later this week.
Oh neat-o, the hero of life symbol-colour combo looks like a plant growing out of soil.