Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tollymain posted:

Dammit this only makes deciding which one I'm eventually going to buy harder.

would it be crazy to buy all of them
Yes but it would definetly be one of the lesser crazy things I have seen a fan of Homestuck do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
And now we have another Sburb-related mechanisim showing up in real life. Just what the hell happened on her 13th birthday?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

So who the hell made SBURB?
Well, Skaianet Systems Incorperated own the copyright.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Sepherothic posted:

I hope the authors commentary is exactly like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncR2_pnzngM
You know, I'd genuinely love to hear Andrew do an audio commentary over some of the flash animations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

GenericOverusedName posted:

And here is where Flash crapped out on me and spontaneously deleted 6 hours of work.

I'm not too sure commentary would work on the animations. They are awfully fast, and I don't think he could cram in meaningful words before the scene changes.
I imagine it'd have to be something similar to what the Smashing Pumpkins did with pre-planned speeches and a bit of clever editing. Perhaps even linking a few flahes together with similar themes.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
That is a very large warehouse.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

andrew Hussie posted:

Nobody should ever mess with you.

Not even me.
Considering Jade now has first-guardian-narrator powers, I would think so.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Walliard posted:

Never mind that, there's more God Tier outfits.
Doom rocks but Hope is boring as hell.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Holy poo poo they are speaking normally! This is the MOST SHOCKING TWIST YET.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

snucks posted:

Blood is assumably just going to be a droplet (with maybe a reference to the Heart symbol if we're lucky?)
I'm assuming this because it's also another kick-to-the-shins for Nepeta and Karkat shippers.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Well Manicured Man posted:

Jeez this is good.

I wasn't too keen on this at the start but it gets so much better as it progresses.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I don't CARE if it's a tin-can-feelingless-author-bot, that will be QUITE ENOUGH self-insert there Andrew.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wonder if there's going to be anything more than this? Sure, aging them 3 years to the same point as the post-scratch kids is handy, but essential? Hrmmmm.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ha ha! Karkat gets the emo symbol. :v:

Also, with Rage, just what the hell am I looking at?

Spellman posted:

As well as spiro sprite and Cancer necklaces.
that keyring is pretty rad. I've often wondered why they don't bother with more spiro-merch.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Dec 13, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Spellman posted:

e: parting is hella sweet sorrow.

SEE YOU FAT NASTY TRASH...

Poetry.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It's still not okay with me that everyone is now okay with that mass-murdering clown just being there.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Bahahahahaha! John's eyes.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I cannot do it. I cannot click the link.:smithicide:

What's on the other side, horrible romance, sheer stupidity or both?
Both, but not nearly the worst out there, I suppose. I skimmed the thing and landed on this which made me laugh:

quote:

Kanaya: Ok I Guess The Floor Is Now Open For Complaints Criticisms Remonstrances And General Beefs

Rose: Charming. You automatically assume I want to grouse?

Kanaya: Of Course You Do. Bitches Love Wails.
The writer at least seems to know how Homestuck humour works, but it still appears to mostly just be the usual shipper nonsense.

Eh.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Dec 16, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

If John isn't a total derp he'll think to at least send something with a message on it to the green sun. Maybe a note or a bunny or a consort or something.
Exactly what I was thinking. Whip out a video camera, record a message and ALLY-YOOP it through Portaljade.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head please let the bucket hit Karkat in the head.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
:allears: pretty much rounds up this entire update.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Well, we're here! They finally meet and it's every bit as awesome as we hoped. It's also just good to see them all communicate again.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Actually, you know what's really awesome? The first word Karkat ever says in real life to to real-life alien is "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK."

:allears:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It's been so long since we've seen Karkat flip the gently caress out. It's refreshing!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
You know what's wonderful about Karkat flipping the gently caress out?! Is we all know what's coming his way very, very soon. :allears:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
That was everything I hoped it would be.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
As entertaining as this intermission has been, this is the first time I've actually laughed at loud at an update. I mean, holy poo poo Rose's goddamned eyebrows.

LOOK AT 'EM GO.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wager she will lob WV into her own self-portal.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Roger Explosion posted:

I wager she will lob WV into her own self-portal.
I don't care that it was an easy guess, I called it. :smug:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh boy, I do love me some Infinity Mechanism :swoon:

Man, I love this update so damned much. It was just so choc full of awesome song-visuals-combos. gently caress it, I'm just going to GUSH.

Wasn't it neat how the cloud colours matched the particular kid they were showing? Wasn't it cool how the Imperial Crockerdrones' collar-plate-things smacked together in time with the beat to the song? Don't you just love how the scenes change via that cool zoom-out-from-fullscreen thing that Andrew also did in Cascade that I love and I'm glad he did again? Wasn't it just plain loving awesome how the flicker of R-mom's fenestrated window over her I'm-about-to-do-some-sort-of-masterstroke grinning face was also in time with the song? You know that bit where Jane is looking out her tower window and it's all fade-from-white-out like it's goddamned bright and at the same time the music's all sounding what how it does when your eardrums get well-screwed by something loud as hell? Wasn't that just loving grand?! How great was it when the guitar bit came in with the fuckoff huge PROSPIT sign right damned there?! gently caress.

Even with Andrew's kinda lacking animation abilities, he still manages to direct the [s] updates quite well, and his improvement is so clearly showing.

And also, once again, Infinity Mechanism. :allears:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Getting stabbed in the solar plexus is a hellava painful way to die. :(

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I do think Jack is going to successfully kill the other two post-scratch kids.

After all, this is Jack Noir Kills Everything: The Comic.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wonder what good this will do if, as it seems, Jane will just do lifey things any time she's "greeted?"

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Vriska is a well-developed, yet polarizing character.

Vriska deserved redemptiOH HEY DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD?!

Also, I put my money on Bunnybot quick-stepping in and getting Jane away at the last second.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh thank GOG the new session's first guardian isn't another Doc Scratch-type thing. Better yet, I think it's a kitten. :3:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

HappyKitty posted:

gently caress all y'alls interpretations, it's Nepeta somehow :3:

Okay so the new universe's first guardian is a cross between the animal avatar of the "anathema to anything resembling reasonable things" and one of those strange girls who go to anime conventions.

Splendid.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh a cat that is a God how normal hum-dee-dum dum-dum I guess that solves this mystery that we've been agonizing over since the end of act 6 part 1.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Well Manicured Man, you will enter and you will win.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

A good poster posted:

I think the book just happened to Jaspers.
I think it's more accurate to say, there's a (MATHS) % chance the book happened to Jaspers.

loquacius posted:

Wait. Wait wait wait. "Maths"??? Are the Lalondes British in this universe or what?
Wait, "maths" is a commonwealth term?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I love the DRAMATIC CLOSE-UP on the spelling correction. The focus on little ridiculous things like this is half the fun of this comic.

:sbahj: