Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Mans posted:

I guess this is why Domingos is Sporting's coach and Mean Bean Machine is a Something Awful poster :v:

Well, three of the goals came after Matias was replaced by Carrillo, and we definitely looked more dangerous with the Peruvian, he got one assist and the other goal was a rebound from one of his plays. I like Matias Fernandez, but sticking him on the wing doesn't seem adequate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
Diego Capel is a beast, by far the best player Sporting has this season.

With that in mind, please send it to Porto, thanks in advance :D

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Why isn't Pablo Aimar starting for Benfica?

And as far as Sporting's best player goes I would nominate Matias Fernandez.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Ulio posted:

Why isn't Pablo Aimar starting for Benfica?

He can't handle 90 mins or two games in a row nowadays, but he's still Benfica's best nº10. They save him for the big games.

quote:

Diego Capel is a beast, by far the best player Sporting has this season.

I dunno man, Elias is really good (better be, he cost us 8.5 mil)

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electronico6 posted:

I used to like Sporting more when they were in permanent crisis. Now there is no one to make fun of. :smith:

We'll always have Guimarães.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Well, three of the goals came after Matias was replaced by Carrillo, and we definitely looked more dangerous with the Peruvian, he got one assist and the other goal was a rebound from one of his plays. I like Matias Fernandez, but sticking him on the wing doesn't seem adequate.

It was all mind-games by Domingos!

Anyway, Porto and Sporting dominated this week's games, Benfica could only score with a fluke shot but they played well.

Sporting chewed Gil Vincente. 6-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHDIPsb5n24 (Capel's goal is all screwed up, deal with it).

Benfica grinded their win against Beira-mar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ZW2rg3EOc (the music was so awful i had to put this here).

Porto dominated Nacional. 5-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwnfE4lUrA (I hope you liked last video's music!)

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 162 days!
Braga has a Mexican so consider me a Braga plastic.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Mans posted:

We'll always have Guimarães.

At this point it's just mean spirited.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Jornada 8

One of the suprises of the week, Paços de Ferreira who had lost 4 games in a row beat the rising Académica, with goals from Melgarejo and William. Paços made their chances count, while Académica dominated but couldn’t really create any major chances.

Guimarães continue with their horrible form with a 1-0 loss to Olhanense, with the only goal coming from Mateus (penalty), and goalkeeper Fabiano keeping them at bay. For a team who should be fighting for 4th, this season has been a disgrace.

Benfica had a surprisingly tough time defeating Beira-Mar, who have the best defense (and the worst attack) in the league. The only goal was Cardozo’s, after a huge mistake by goalkeeper Rui Rego gifted him an open goal. Cardozo has 6 goals in 7 matches.

Marítimo keep impressing everyone as they stay level on points with Braga and Sporting, and only 3 points away from 1st place. It’s been eight straight matches without a loss, and Baba was again the goalscorer, he has 6 in 8 matches.

In the battle of poo poo teams, Rio Ave got their first win of the season with a 2-0 over União de Leiria, with goals from Vitor Gomes and the inevitable João Tomás. It was the first league loss for Manuel Cajuda, Leiria’s new manager who had promised to the fans that he would avoid relegation “with his hands tied behind his back”.

Porto kicked the blues with a 5-0 over Nacional, in a game where they didn’t play great football but were efficient enough to score five. A routine win for the champions, with goals from Defour (his first for the club), Walter, Sapunaru, a beautiful chip from Hulk and Kléber.

Braga kept on the chase for 1st with an easy win over Feirense, in a game they dominated. Nuno Gomes is the Portuguese with the most goals this season (4 in 8), Alan scored a beauty and Ewerton closed the scoreline.

Not much to say here, Gil Vicente never looked threatening and Sporting’s first goal came naturally: after a corner there was a tussle in the Gil area and the ball ended up in defender Daniel Carriço’s head. Sporting didn’t really dominate until the 2nd half, when the goal started flooding in: van Wolfswinkel continues his great form (5 goals in 7) with the second, converting a penalty, and after that Diego Capel scored the first goal of his career with his head...and then another one. Bojinov also scored two. Sporting hadn’t scored 6 goals in a match for the league in 7 years.

Highlights

Porto 5 - 0 Nacional
Sporting CP 6 - 1 Gil Vicente
Alan scores a beauty
Paços 2 - 0 Académica

League Table

Everything stayed the same at the top of the table, while at the bottom Guimarães is the “lanterna vermelha” (last placed).

News

The next round’s games of the Portuguese Cup are known, and the big ones is Sporting CP vs Braga. Porto will play Académica and Benfica will go to 2nd division Naval.

André Villas-Boas was in town yesterday to receive the Dragão de Ouro (Porto awards) for Manager of the Year. It wasn’t know if he would show up considering how betrayed Porto and its fans felt when he decided to leave, but he did and was well received. Hulk won Footballer of the Year and João Moutinho won Athlete of the Year (makes no sense but it’s Porto so just roll with it or they’ll send someone to beat you up).

Apparently Hulk's new hair is for some kind of advertisement and he was paid 50,000 € to do it. Not worth it imo.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 26, 2011

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Falcao didn't get it because Porto fans considered a 40 million transfer with a millionaire salary a "betrayal". Which is a shame because the dude came in and did more for them than Lisandro Lopez (which is a hard thing to do because he was a beast of a striker.).

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Ivo Vieira, Nacional's manager, has been fired. Called it. He'll be with the team for the next game and then bugger off.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ivo Vieira, Nacional's manager, has been fired. Called it. He'll be with the team for the next game and then bugger off.

This is a little weird. He knows he's getting fired but he's going to manage another game anyway? Im not sure how you guys do it, but when Italian managers get fired they get fired immediately.

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

GravityDaemon posted:

This is a little weird. He knows he's getting fired but he's going to manage another game anyway? Im not sure how you guys do it, but when Italian managers get fired they get fired immediately.

not the same situation at all, but that reminds me of van gaal last year- first bayern told him that he would be fired at the end of the year, then in april they fired him because they had fallen back out of the top 3.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

GravityDaemon posted:

No, it's not the norm in Portugal either, especially when they already have the next manager lined up.

Also, Sporting are getting paid €600,000 to play the Angola national team (yay) and Porto beat Paços de Ferreira 3-0 (nay)

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rodrigo is awesome, Benfica's turning into the team they where two years ago.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Mans posted:

Rodrigo is awesome, Benfica's turning into the team they where two years ago.

At this rate Nelson Oliveira won't cut in. Shame, he did so well for the U-21.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Also, Sporting are getting paid €600,000 to play the Angola national team (yay)

I laughed at the idea of Angola having that kind of money, but thanks to oil and diamonds the joke was on me. :(

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Mercaptopropyl posted:

I laughed at the idea of Angola having that kind of money, but thanks to oil and diamonds the joke was on me. :(

Oil runs African football: Angola held the 2010 Nations Cup, next year's will be in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea, and 2013's was originally given to Libya but I think South Africa will be the emergency host due to all that revolution jazz.

e: wait, I just realised the same is true of the World Cup :ohdear:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Once again Benfica played like poo poo for 70 mins and still managed to get the win, gently caress. I can't believe Olhanense were time-wasting when they were 2-1 down, what a disgrace. At least Sporting's Wilson Eduardo keeps being the best thing about that team, no idea why he was loaned out this season.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
So I want to follow this league but I don't know the time the games normally start, are they the same as the matchdays of La Liga?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

So I want to follow this league but I don't know the time the games normally start, are they the same as the matchdays of La Liga?

It's usually every Saturday/Sunday around 19-21 pm.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Electronico6 posted:

It's usually every Saturday/Sunday around 19-21 pm.

So thats like noonish to 4pmish here I think, thanks.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I was complaining about Benfica playing like crap and still winning and then Sporting play even worse against Feirense, I hope this is enough for Domingos to forget playing Matias on the right wing, he's a great player but if the tactic doesn't suit him don't try fitting him in it. Still, 3 points are 3 points, and Braga is left behind.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
This week's jornada update won't be up for a while because the Gil Vicente - Marítimo match was suspended (15 mins left) until tomorrow, because the players couldn't see poo poo with the fog in Barcelos.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Jornada 9

What should have been a routine win for Porto seemed to be turning into a struggle until the 45th minute when Paços, a team that had been defending well and denying Porto any chances, managed to gently caress it up with Melgarejo scoring an own goal after a teammate tried to clear a ball from the area and managed to hit him, with the ball going in. Porto came back for the 2nd half a lot better, with João Moutinho and Kléber (5 in 8 matches) scoring the other two. Hulk played like poo poo and was replaced at the 60th minute, and instead of sitting at the bench decided to leave directly to the dressing rooms. The mood is shifty at Porto right now, and the loss vs APOEL has Vitór Pereira near the abyss.

Braga met an in-form Académica and was unable to get the win, with both teams playing some crap football. Good result for the students, bad result for Braga who see themselves dropping to 4th.

Benfica looked to have the win in the bag with young starlet and former Bolton loanee Rodrigo scoring two in just 13 minutes, but in a manner that keeps repeating this season Benfica couldn’t keep the foot on the pedal for the 90 minutes and soon lost steam, and Sporting loanee Wilson Eduardo (4 in 9) managed to stick one in, after which both teams seemed content with the result.

In Ivo Vieira’s last match at the helm of Nacional, before being replaced by Pedro Caixinha, Nacional scored first by Mateus, and six minutes later made it 2 by Mario Rondón. They managed the win even though they were playing with 10 men after the 38th minute, at which time Douglas scored one for Beira-Mar. Maybe a resurgence for Nacional?

In a battle for maintenance in the top division, Leiria (helmed by Manuel Cajuda who has promised the team will not be relegated) scored first with a Bruno Moraes penalty, after which Setúbal crumbled and let Djaniny score another.

A match between the bottom two was surprisingly fun although it resulted in an unfair scoreline, consequence of a ridiculous penalty at the end of the game for Guimarães, that reignited talk of referee corruption. Ndiaye scored first for Guimarães, with João Tomás tying the game at the 45th minute. The game was won with a Nuno Assis penalty, and Rio Ave are now bottom of the league.

Feirense are a hard team to break down in their own stadium (ask Porto who only managed a draw), and this looked like the match to break Sporting’s run of 10 wins in 10 matches, as it took a Wolfswinkel penalty (soft, but correct decision) at the 64th minute to put Sporting ahead, with Schaars scoring the 2nd with a nice volley. Wolfswinkel has 6 goals in 8 matches and is, along with Cardozo, the best scorer in the league.

This year’s sensation, Marítimo, could only manage a draw vs Gil Vicente, so they along with Braga lost points and dropped from 3rd.

League Table

Benfica and Porto are still ahead, and Sporting are alone at 3rd with Braga and Marítimo losing points.

News

European week: A bad one for Portuguese football, with Porto losing 2-1 to this year's CL surprise APOEL, making it unlikely they'll go through to the next phase since they need wins vs Shaktar in Ukraine and Zenit. Vitór Pereira might not resist Porto's horrible European journey, especially players like Hulk and Guarin seemingly unhappy.
Only slightly better were Benfica who allowed Basel to sneak away with 1 point from Estádio da Luz in a 1-1 match, which means they aren't through to the next phase yet.
Sporting took their B team to Romania and saw their 10 wins in 10 matches streak end with a 1-0 defeat to Vaslui. Worse than that was Rinaudo's injury. The best DM in the league will be out for at least 3 months and will miss out on the Benfica match, leaving Sporting weakened for the derby.
Braga salvaged Portugal's honor with an easy 5-1 over Maribor.

Next week, a Braga - Benfica! That should be fun.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Why is Benfica at the top in that table...

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
They played Porto and managed a 2-2 draw in Porto's stadium, thus they are ahead on head to head.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Oh, away goals count in the standings? Never thought about that.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

They played Porto and managed a 2-2 draw in Porto's stadium, thus they are ahead on head to head.

Wait a second, both abola and ojogo have Porto first, I thought goal average came first as a tie breaker.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
That might be right, I'm not certain and am too lazy to go research it. I'm just going with the ESPN table, but the official league site gives it to Porto. I'd use their league table, but it's tiny.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Two goals by Baba gave Maritimo a 3-2 win against Academica and Olhanense managed a goalless draw against Porto.

Vitor Pereira is hosed.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Yeah, he won't last long. Braga - Benfica in a bit, if there's a team right now that can beat Benfica it's Braga so that should be a good match.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Braga - Benfica delayed for the second time now due to problems with the lighting

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Rodrigo to the rescue! Top of the table stays the same.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
First time I've ever seen that happen, ruined the game a bit but the 2nd half was pretty good. drat Rodrigo, I didn't mention him when I was talking about potential stars because I didn't think he'd last long at Benfica considering they gave him no chances, but 4 goals in 3 games and he might soon steal Cardozo's spot.

Braga should have won, they were definitely the most dangerous team but didn't take their chances, oh well, Porto, Benfica and Braga all lost points this weekend, that's great for Sporting, only 1 point from 1st place now. The match vs Benfica on the 26th is gonna be major, I'll definitely be at the stadium for that.

edit: Marítimo - Académica was the match of the week for sure, happy those two are doing so well, the journey to Madeira to play Marítimo is going to be brutal for the top teams.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 7, 2011

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

IF THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT GLORIOUS SALAZAR YOU MUST BE READING IT WRONG
What the gently caress is going on with Porto :( Last season we were quite possibly the best Porto team I've ever seen, and this season... the only player we lost was Falcao. Sure, he's really good, but that doesn't explain how dismal we have been, and I don't see how Vítor Pereira could've hosed up so bad in so little time. There has to be some sort of non-football explanation for the mess that is Porto right now. With Falcao being the only player out, and with the club having spent a lot of money on new players, I think that they might not be getting paid in full or something.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Interestingly enough, the Guardian has an article on Porto right now http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/nov/10/what-is-eating-fc-porto. It isn't very good though. It first offers up the explanation that the weakness of the league means Porto aren't used to the stronger CL competition, which is obviously bull since that has never been a deterrent for Porto's European success and ignores the fact that the domestic teams are actually a lot better this year (at this point last season Porto were ahead by 10 points over 2nd place, this year they are level with Benfica and only 1 point ahead of Sporting and 3 of Marítimo; and it's not that Porto were so dominant last season, as they had 28 points and they now have 24 at the exact same point of the league). The author then proceeds to say that explanation probably isn't correct, and doesn't offer any other.

Porto were caught by surprise with Villas-Boas leaving, and Vitor Pereira was not 1st choice or even 2nd to succeed him, so I'm sure that had a demoralizing effect on the players. A lot of them thought they were gonna leave in the summer (Moutinho, Hulk, Guarin, Alvaro Pereira) and that insecurity, partnered with the Copa America exhaustion and lack of adaptation to the new coach meant they came in late with their preparation. A lot of these players like Hulk, Moutinho and Alvaro Pereira were fundamental last season and nowadays by their own admission they can't carry the team anymore, especially with Falcao, who scored 35% of the team's goals, gone.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Plus Kleber has not been the substitute of Falcao that Porto hoped for. Other than that, Mean Bean Machine was spot on with what's going on. Quite honestly, a better manager who can once again rally the players will do much better, they have the squad, the players, even if they wanted to leave, are still there and determined, they just need a coach fitting of the quality of the team.

In other news, Rodrigo scored an hat-trick while Nelson Oliveira scored twice for their respective international sides. Meanwhile, Domingos sent a bunch of children to be slaughtered by Angolans.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Portuguese Cup this weekend, big match is Sporting CP - Braga. After that, Benfica - Sporting, couldn't get a ticket yet since the 4000 Benfica gave Sporting were sold out in 6 hours, gonna have to dig up something.

The update for the last matchday is late as gently caress but I'll edit this post when it's done.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

He's from the same generation as Nani and Moutinho, and it's funny because the one who looked like the worst of the three ends up as one of the best players in the world at Man Utd, Miguel Veloso ended up getting sold for €8m to Genoa when Sporting were in a horrible financial state and he's been pretty average for the Italians, and Moutinho who was Sporting's captain and best player was called a rotten apple by the president of the time and sold for €10m to one of our biggest rivals. Just poo poo management by Sporting all around, at least we got some money for Nani.

Weaponized Cum posted:

I've been following Sporting since they signed Andre Carrillo. He is a pretty good young Peruvian attacker. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they also have Diego Capel from Sevilla. Love that (ex) long haired motherfucker.

What's up Sporting CP buddies!?

Brilliant OP & updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Terry started the racism and now it's spreading:

Jornada 10

Guimarães continue their revival with a win that gets them out of the drop zone. Edgar got a hat-trick, which means he has 7 in 9 and is the 2nd best scorer in the league, with Bruno Teles and Toscano scoring the other two. Melgarejo made it less of a humiliation for Paços, whose manager Luís Miguel was close to getting sacked after the Paços board had a urgent 2 hour reunion; they are now in the drop zone, in 15th place.

The match of the week had Marítimo, overachievers of the season, against Académica, the perennial relegation contenders who have somehow managed to reach 6th place. The match was even, but Marítimo had man of the match Baba, who scored two, including the winner. If he keeps playing like this he won’t stay at Marítimo for long, and apparently there’s already interest from Porto. Sami also scored for Marítimo, while João Real and Marinho scored for the students. The win meant Marítimo took advantage of Braga’s draw and is now 4th, while Académica dropped to 7th.

It’s officially a crisis for Porto. After their surprising defeat to APOEL in the CL and pressure mounting on Vitór Pereira, the team could only manage a draw with Olhanense with Hulk missing a penalty. The confidence is obviously not there anymore, with several players lacking any of the hunger they had last season. Pereira might not last as manager, and Porto are apparently already looking for a replacement.

Feirense continue their inevitable march to relegation with a loss to Beira-Mar, who are only 3 points ahead of the drop zone. Beira-Mar scored twice in the 1st half by Nildo and Artur, while Feirense dominated the 2nd half but were unlucky to only get one (by Carlos Fonseca), missing a penalty.

Even with new manager Pedro Caixinha, Nacional are still disappointing and will be fighting to stay in the top league. A win for Rio Ave means they get a temporary breath of fresh air, but they too are in danger of relegation. Rio Ave were down to 10 men very early with a red card for Éder in the 10th minute, with Claudemir scoring the penalty to put Nacional ahead; but a comeback was on the cards, with Rio Ave making their chances count in the 2nd half, first by the still-not-an-option-for-the-national-team João Tomás (he’s now the Portuguese player with the most goals, 4 in 8) and Atsu scored the winner, after Nacional too were down to 10 (77th minute).

Mid-table battle, Setúbal and Gil Vicente are 8th and 9th, both with 11 points after this insipid draw.

A fixture that usually gives us good matches, this one was marred with controversy (more in News) with the lights going out in Braga’s stadium three times in the first 45 minutes, not allowing any of the teams to manage any momentum in the 1st half, amongst other stuff (check News). Braga scored first with a Lima penalty, with Benfica equalizing by a Rodrigo deflection at the 72nd minute. A draw was a fair result, but it means Benfica couldn’t take 1st place and Braga saw Marítimo dig on 4th.

An horrible run of injuries for Sporting meant Domingos had to play the 4th and 5th CBs, including 18 year old Tiago Ilory, who unsurprisingly hosed up to gift Leiria the equalizer, with Djaniny grabbing the chance. Two goals from Matías Fernandez and one from Wolfswinkel (7 in 9, only Baba is ahead of him) made it one of the hardest wins for Sporting yet, with Leiria close to getting 1 point from the fixture.

Highlights

Braga 1 - 1 Benfica

Marítimo 3 - 2 Académica

Paços de Ferreira 1 - 5 Vitória Guimarães

League Table

Braga is now behind Marítimo, Sporting was the big winner of the week taking advantage of Porto and Benfica’s draws and getting within 1 point from the top, Paços and Feirense are the bottom two.

News

It wouldn’t be a match between two rivals without controversy, especially when the match itself is a drag. It started with the three instances of the lights going out in Braga’s stadium, meaning the 1st half of Braga-Benfica ended up taking 80 minutes. Artur, former Braga player and now Benfica’s GK (and apparently a disloyal gently caress) twitted after the game that “when one plays against Braga you play against the team and their off the field tricks”, clarifying later that he was also talking about there being no water in Benfica’s dressing room (although the Braga players had shown him there was no water in their dressing room either).

The next day, Braga players Alan and Djamal announced Benfica’s Javi Garcia had called them niggers during the match, with the Spanish quickly denying it. This has been the talk of the week, but the League hasn’t done anything about it yet, especially with the dumb archaic rules that are in place: if Alan can’t prove there were any racist words, he can get suspended; if there is proof Javi Garcia used racist words, the most that can happen is him being fined.

Marítimo’s president has accused Porto representatives of tapping up players Baba and Danilo Dias and manager Pedro Martins as a potential replacement for Vitór Pereira. Although Porto have denied the accusations, the last time Marítimo accused Porto of such a thing was last season when they said Porto had approached the striker Kléber without authorization. Kléber is now a Porto player.

The Benfica – Sporting match on the 26th, the Derby de Lisboa, is getting close, and tensions are starting to flare up. Due to Sporting’s current form, the club asked Benfica to offer up 10.000 tickets to sell to Sporting fans, when the norm is for the visiting club to get at most 4.000 tickets in a rivals clash like this one. Benfica unsurprisingly refused, despite the supposedly good relations between the two clubs currently, with Benfica officials thinking of it as a provocation. On Monday the 4.000 Sporting tickets were sold in 5 hours, and Sporting have asked Benfica for an extra 5.000. No answer yet.

Portuguese Cup this weekend, the big game is Sporting vs Braga.

Player of the Month - October

1st. Ricky van Wolfswinkel (Sporting CP)
2nd. Diego Capel (Sporting CP)
3rd. Baba (Marítimo)

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 17, 2011

• Locked thread