Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
So I want to follow this league but I don't know the time the games normally start, are they the same as the matchdays of La Liga?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Electronico6 posted:

It's usually every Saturday/Sunday around 19-21 pm.

So thats like noonish to 4pmish here I think, thanks.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

I forgot that Onyewu aka Gooch was on sporting, anyway I started watching at the 2nd half and like what I saw. Are the rest of the league like this or was it because it was a derby game?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Electronico6 posted:

As a Benfica fan, I hope the pitch collapses and all the players suffer horrible deaths, alternatively, a tie.

Also this cover is amazing, as it goes places where Marvel never goes with their characters:

Am going to watch this game because of this, luckily for me it's going to be on espn3.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Electronico6 posted:

Football journalism in Portugal is basically a race for who can come up with the silliest covers possible.

This one is from 2009, during the first season of Jorge Jesus at Benfica, after terminating Setubal for 8-1.

Cardozo is the James Bond of the football world, with order to score goals and everything!

In Portugal we equip our CB's with dangerous medieval gear to play football. I'm not sure it's FIFA regulation though...

A Bola got the Super Hero theme a year before Record! I like this one a lot better I must say. If I remember well, this was the match that Benfica got bummed by 5-0, and Coentrão was woeful. The Flash indeed.

You can't make this poo poo up.

These are all just great.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Leiria has officially "quit" the competition this year, meaning an automatic 3 points for the two teams that were still going to play them. Also, tomorrow there's a Porto - Sporting, with them having secured the title I'm hopeful the players will loosen up a bit and we'll beat them. 3 points from 3rd place, I want that CL.

So those two teams has ended their season early since Leiria "quit"?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Don't know if this was posted in this thread yet but it seems that the Portuguese league is on TV in US now. It's in english on GolTV I think but I don't get it so am watching it in spainish Univision Deportes which seems to have the spainish rights for it in the US. The game they are going to be airing is Sporting vs Belenenses, anything of note I should know about? Also tomorrow they are going to air the Porto V.Guimarães game.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Hopefully my Mexican sports channel will cover this. They got the contract for Primeira Liga games this year.... in SD.... Unless there is a "better" Liga MX game happening at the same time. It's easier to watch the Argentine league and the Eredivisie over here than the Portuguese League, get it loving sorted.

The Spanish sport channel that I have is going to show it so hopefully your will too since mines is the us version of TDN with Univision branding.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Hello everyone, I recently signed up for this new streaming service called NGSN which stream several leagues around the world, one of the league they show is the Portuguese league and I am currently watching the end of the Vitória Guimarães Sporting Braga game. Anything I should know about other than Benfica,Porto and Sporting wining everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Man this league is really fun to follow, games are fun and the stuff outside are even more fun. Has it always been like this?

• Locked thread