Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha1
Jun 20, 2010
Hello Goons, I graduated with a degree in Geology last summer and started working with that degree for my state government. While I was still on my probationary period I slipped up and got fired for it, so I'm on the job hunt again. I interviewed for a position in Denver and got to the final four when they told me they were going to hire one of the other candidates. Since I've had pretty bad luck finding another job so far, I was thinking about looking into employment and staffing agencies that are specifically geared towards the Earth Sciences. Do any of you have recommendations or experience with working with one of these companies, because I'm not really sure how it works. My school record is bangin (~3.9 GPA), I got involved in research on campus, and I interned at NASA one summer, and still I'm not getting many bites.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha1
Jun 20, 2010
Well the good news is that I live on the East Coast and I'm trying to relocate, so it's no big deal that I missed one on the other side of the country. I'd like to end up in Seattle, but who knows.

• Locked thread