Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I have to say, no game has inspired me towards vague competence in my painting as much as Malifaux. I only got into it in august, and the combination of being able to purchase crews at a reasonable price with an easily understood box/SKU system, the cool mechanics, and the mostly brilliant minis has made it really rewarding. It's only kitchen table gaming for me and my gf but both of us have really enjoyed the hobby aspect.

As I speak I have my freshly painted Kirai crew looking actually quite acceptable for tabletop standard, and my gf is undercoating the very cool day of the dead Lady Justice variant minis.

I was always put off by the old metal models, the sheer number of blister packs, and the use of renders instead of photos - but I think this is by some distance my favourite game for casual hobby gaming now. The game itself is also A Fun Time, albeit with slightly too much of a reliance on endless markers and tokens. The fact that it's good enough to be a popular competitive game is just the cherry on top for me, I'm just hugely impressed with every aspect of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU