Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Got introduced to some henchman hardcore last night, fun stuff.
Now I'm deciding between the Parker and Captain Zipp boxes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

midwifecrisis posted:

As far as Captain Zipp goes, he has more cross-faction potential, which is both good and bad since there's probably some weird one-off model in a box you won't otherwise need.

My thought was to get both, with a focus on Parker.

But you do make a good point about Zipp.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
The last two Iron Skeeters have been sitting on my build pile for the whole weekend and I don't wanna go anywhere near those nightmares.

I don't think I'll actually run them at all, not when I could add more luchadores.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I'm gonna stick to henchmen hardcore games for a bit longer, but already thinking about how to go to full size.

Also where I'm gonna get all these piano markers from for the Zipp crew, I tried dollhouse/train stuff but that's all so expensive.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I recently built the zipp box too! The skeeters were absolute garbage, but the thing that actually annoyed me the most was Zipp being on the tiny base, and First Mate being on the big one. Who decided that?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah that definitely rules.

I really like what I'm seeing of Explorer's Guild, lots of cool new things.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Painting up my Zipp + Wong starters, as well as the Wrastler + Lenny + Swine Cursed boxes, still WIP.

What're peoples thoughts on Wong? The official forums are real down on him, but Alphonse and the swine cursed look lots of fun when powered up.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Mancha is loving incredible. Nice plants, Titania, be a shame if someone weaponised all these bonsais.

I guess the thing about Wong is I was reading the official forums and people seem wildly down on him. He's got such good beaters, and the Gautreaux look fantastic.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

TheFinalTuba posted:

I've played a lot of Wong. Thing is, he's almost there as a crew. Taxidermists with Inferiority Complex are some of the most fun beaters to use - min 4 pretty casually. And use the Pigapult to drop them right where you need them? Beautiful. Alphonse is pretty nice too.
I love his play style and how quickly his crew can juke opponents, but really, I think he just needs a few small buffs to be on the same playing field as other masters.

Yeah that basically lines up with what I've been reading about him. Cool crew, Master doesn't super work for them.
I love the idea of using Alphonse to get people places, especially with Two Goblins in a Trenchcoat for extra hilarity, and Swine-Cursed just seem like fist packing rockets.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2021/2/24/waldos-weekly-bayou-boogie

New Bayou starter's gonna have minis usable in the Bayou Bash game, which releases in July.

I dig the sculpts, and will probably grab it just for how cool they are. Along with the deck and stuff.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Henchman Hardcore is pretty solid way to get to grips with the crews, if you've played other mini skirmish games.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Got in my first 50SS game vs my regular opponent, we'd mostly been doing henchmen hardcore + 30SS games otherwise.

So much fun, ran Parker vs his Rasputina and it was a bloodbath. Had a very rough turn one, but his inability to seal the deal and take out Sue + Doc let me turn the tide and blow away everyone by end of turn three except for Snow Storm and the cat.

Rasputina looks like a very annoying match up, glad I had a heap of 'remove markers' abilities.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Parker + Bandits is my absolute favourite Malifaux gang. Simple, effective and just tremendous fun to be cowboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Those are amazing, I love everything about them.