Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
That's weird, I have an Optimus V and I'm not having any trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

seravid posted:

Widgetlocker question here. I noticed that, when rebooting, Widgetlocker only loads after the phone checks the sd card. The phone boots, I get the stock lockscreen and only after the SD is prepped does the Widgetlocker lockscreen show up. It would seem like the app is installed on the card, but the Manage Applications menu doesn't list it on the 'sd card' tab, so I have no idea what's going on.

Maybe this is just the way it works and I shouldn't question the android gods?

well its not loading from the SD card. Its just a coincidence that the SD card loads before widget locker or other applications on boot

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

You wasted your time and energy to make a wallpaper based on a dumb internet meme.

How will he ever cure cancer now. The human race is doomed

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Amazon App of the day is the Ultimate Guitar App. If you play guitar I'd recommend grabbing it as its good for looking up the chords to random songs you want to play if you suck at playing by ear like I do. It also has a built in tuner, metronome, and chord diagrams.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

torjus posted:

Actually, Friendcaster does sync with contacts, at least pictures.

it doesn't sync all FB contacts, just ones already on your phone, but I wouldn't want all my FB friends on my contact list anyway

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Anyone else having problems with Friendcaster not displaying all notifications and wall posts?

At this point I'm forced to use the facebook mobile site for everything, which is really annoying.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

The official app is better than friendcaster.

maybe if it didn't try to geolocate and destroy my battery every time I used it

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

hooah posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by menubar, it only gives me local, LAN, FTP, bluetooth, and net. If you meant local, then the highest I can go is /sdcard/.

go into the settings and set the home directory as just /

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Codiusprime posted:

I may have misunderstood but it sounds like he has gotten almost four days out of his phone and he still has almost three quarters of his battery left.

yeah even with an extended battery thats pretty good. I've noticed a big improvement from Juice Defender myself, but only because my 3G signal sucks at work. If you have a decent signal most of the time, I don't think it helps as much

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Wow SwiftKey is amazing.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Doji Sekushi posted:

So ADW launcher is going to be a $0.10 app this week. So hold off if you were planning to buy it right this moment.

Definitely picking it up to see if it'll make me switch from Go Launcher (which is running rather well on my Thunderbolt.)

I'm not a fan, I prefer launcher pro. ADW is way too slow for me

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Easy Mac posted:

What do you guys think of WidgetLocker? I keep reading it will drain your battery and slow your phone down but those are comments from the market, so who knows. So anyone use it and see their battery time go down noticeably?

I have no problems with it, other than it didn't play nice with launcher pro for some reason on my device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I don't understand why they decided that sooooo needed to be in the default dictionary. I get it almost every time I try to type so.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this

• Locked thread