Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Splizwarf posted:

Neither. v:v:v

Seriously, Zinio is loving terrible; service provider-bundled crapware, a good example of the bloating everyone complains about.

What the gently caress are you talking about? Zinio is awesome! I subscribe to National Geo Interactive and DWELL and things, and it's great. I can read poo poo on the PC, phone, tablet, whatever. It's bundled to give customers a means to buy magazines on their device - there's a big difference between this and say, some phone edition of McAfee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The bf and I are fans of GroceryIQ, which does a pretty good job, too.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

deadwing posted:

The by Sprint is actually part of the phone's name, don't cut such a glorious name short.

I have visions of Street Fighter dancing in my head.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Splizwarf posted:

Holy poo poo, I was jazzed about this last week from the description in this thread, but didn't look into it yet (real busy). This breaks the Paid Services Code; either something's free and coated in adverts, or paid and ad-free. gently caress paying $10 a month for something that does that, I don't care how nice the service itself is.

That's the kind of heads-up it'd be appropriate to have added to the OP for the Spotify thread. :(

Huh? You just turn it off. It's not like you're forced to post your songs to Facebook.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Yeah but the way it works is that you only see it in the little status feed window in the upper right hand corner of the Facebook UI; I don't see it on mobile devices at all. I guess I don't see it as a big deal, really, but I signed up before you had to use your FB ID to login.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Chrome has replaced any other browser on my phone. If you have Android 4.0+, there's little reason not to try it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Thoom posted:

If nothing else, it does tap zooming in the Firefox/Safari style rather than the horrible broken way the stock browser does it.

Plus it supports general web pages better than the stick browser, the tabs implementation is slicker, and the Chrome sign-in cross-device support has actually been working out super well for me.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

FlugelNull posted:

I'm in Canada, so it's not available to me :(

Sure it is, you just need to pay for the premium to get an international subscription.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

The removal of the 50MB barrier on the Market has finally arrived

What qualifies as a new device to Google though? Just the Galaxy Nexus and beyond?
Most implies at least a few models.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Oh yeah, I super like BeyondPod.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i like tacos posted:

How can you buy apps for someone else? I'm trying to buy Pocket League Story for my sister so I signed onto her account but it won't let me use my debit card to buy it since apparently it's tied to my account. Is there another way go around this without :filez:? I already bought the game for myself if that counts.

Can you just put money into her Google Account? Does Google support using stuff like that in the Android Market yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The Dark One posted:

I've been using the stock Listen app for my podcasts, but there are a few annoying things about it. It doesn't seem to handle older entries in my feeds very well (I tried queuing older episodes of The Thrilling Adventure Hour and it ended up getting them all out of order, when the actual feed has them ordered just fine). It'll also just stop playing the audio file- sometimes a notification sound will play and the podcast won't come back, but other times it seems to happen for no reason.

Aside from that, I really like how simple the interface is. Are there any alternatives that keep things nice and clean? Or is this just an underlying Gingerbread issue that'll clear up when the Nexus S gets its official ICS update?

Nope, Listen is a piece of rear end.

Go pick up BeyondPod; it's absolutely worth it.

• Locked thread