Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...
Is there any app that is like a heatmap for cell signal? Maybe it shows where you are on a map in relation to towers and can track your signal strength?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

Frogmanv2 posted:

Are there any good text to speech apps floating round?

I have both SVOX Victoria and LTTS Susan and I would prefer to use the british victoria I keep going back to Susan because the pronunciation and sound quality is much better.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

Inspector_71 posted:

How much storage space does Google Music give you? I'm not surprised at all that they would charge for a service that must be taking up a shitload of server space and bandwidth.

Yea I was sort of amazed when it let me up my entire library (although it took forever). It's gonna be cool once they have all your music and have you sucking off their teet then institute a monthly fee.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

Pipski posted:

Management by folder is a definite plus for me, so I think we have a winner. Cheers! I'll check out the Pure Music Widget too though, could be handy.

Phantom music control is just a widget that controls most music apps. It's clean, transparent, and has an option to hide it when music is not playing.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

Star Warrior X posted:

Black Box will automatically save the video in the event of an impact. (Full disclosure, I made it). Also free.

There's like 20 free apps called black box.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

nickhimself posted:

It would be nice if Google Music would let you choose the sort option rather than Artist, Album, etc. Let me choose something from the ID Tag specifically to sort everything by. tia

Seems like there would be more music nerds at Google that would be pissed at this too and be fixing this stupid issue.

I personally have a folder per CD per album why cant music players figure out this easily structure system.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

Is there a widget/app that scrolls news and rss feeds and the like that matches the ICS theme? (or transparent)

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

When are we getting Photosynth :colbert:

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

Help I got put in a group iphone chat thing and I'm getting tons of MMS from a bunch of people, is there any app that can handle that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

I always set up my phones with rooted/hidden Avast Anti-Theft and no lock screen. I don't live in a tech savvy area, usually it's a drug-addict type that would steal my phone. If my phone works fine for them right off the bat, they're more likely to continue to use it, or to sell it to someone who will use it. Avast can be set so it doesn't show as an app, and it can be written as a system app to survive Factory Resets. Then I can just call the cops and give them a nice web link with the Google Maps coordinates straight to the phone.

Plus if it is found by a decent person, they can actually call someone on my phone list and get it back to me. I've found and returned two phones this way, and a third phone had a lock screen so I had to bring it to a carrier retail store. Luckily they could look up the ESN but they can't always do that, for example if it's a random prepaid.

The stories I've read have people that try to give locations of their phone to cops and they don't really care/can't do anything.

• Locked thread