Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Are there any good text to speech apps floating round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Crowley posted:

Is there any way to cheat the Amazon store to think my phone is in the US without rooting it? :(

Yes. You can give it a fake name, address and cc number. There are generators you can find if you google for it. You can only get the free apps this way, as obviously the store will not process a fake CC.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

fudsak posted:

Oh, I thought it was some free awesome facebook replacement. drat.

Sounds like you want friendcaster

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

novak posted:

I run intervals

Any ideas? I've been trying to google for such an app but haven't stumbled onto anything that'd just keep counting down on an infinite loop.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ihunda.android.hiit

Havent tested it, but it semms like it should work.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Whats the best place to get some contract android programming done?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Iron Chef Ricola posted:

My friend just got mugged and had her iphone stolen and managed to use the "find my iphone" feature to direct the police to the stealers. What's the best option to use in android to locate/remote wipe/etc my phone?

findmydroid / prey

I have both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

landis posted:

When did you last try it? It's come a long way and is really robust now, far better than any browser.

This. The awful app is so much better than using a browser.

• Locked thread