Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dynodash
Jul 14, 2010
TouchPal released an update on the market. I've given it a spin and it seems noticeably better, but for the moment I've gone back to SwiftKey as I'm just too used to it now. Plus TouchPal looks like rear end, they really need to revamp its appearance. I'm also starting to wonder if I *want* a SwiftKey + Swype combined keyboard. Now that we're seeing the first attempts I'm not sure I actually even like it.

In any case TouchPal is free until Oct 31st when it seems likely it will become a paid app so it's worth picking up now just to sit on, if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dynodash
Jul 14, 2010
Is there a good app for digging into battery life with Gingerbread? The default graph thing that comes with it is very good, but it doesn't tell you anything about individual apps. I'm thinking of what Spare Parts used to do on Froyo and older. Is there a Gingerbread equivalent?

dynodash
Jul 14, 2010
It's not possible to ignore app updates, is it? I don't give a poo poo about Twitter but it came installed on my phone and now I keep getting notifications to install the latest version of the official app.

dynodash
Jul 14, 2010

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah, I'm finally an ADW EX convert. Fede's abandonment of LP+ is disheartening and with ICS right around the corner this "re-write" of his is going to become moot anyway. ADWEX has the better feature set and Android Pro Widgets definitely picks up the widget slack. My only complaint about ADW EX is that it takes some tinkering to get set up the way you like it and the menu layout for its options seems...well, not good.

Am I hugely underestimating the ADW EX dock, or is it just not as feature-rich as LPP/Go Launcher EX? Namely I'm totally used to swiping my icons for a second app (tap = dialer, swipe = contacts etc.) and I'm loathe to give it up, but I want to give ADW EX a fair whirl.

dynodash
Jul 14, 2010
Is anyone else using Emit? It used to work perfectly for me, but now in recent weeks it's started taking ages to buffer and half the time just gives up and says "something went wrong!"

I've got a Sensation with stock Sense. I imagine the update to ICS didn't help matters, but it's been misbehaving for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dynodash
Jul 14, 2010
What's a good app for listening to podcasts? I want to download them at home so I can then listen to them at work the following day. Free or paid, don't mind, whatever's best.

• Locked thread