Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I recently grabbed the Dash Clock widget for my Nexus 7, but cannot get it to display any weather information. (The Gmail notifications work fine, though.)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tunga posted:

There seems to be a bug at the moment where weather info is only updated when you expand the lockscreen version of the widget. The desktop widget just sits there with old data otherwise.

Thanks, but it doesn't display any weather info at all, expanded or otherwise, on the lock screen or anywhere else. Unless I'm misunderstanding something which is entirely possible; I'm pretty new to Android.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Had to enable Wifi location access, apparently.

docbeard fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Feb 19, 2013

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Is there an app that will automatically switch to specific Wifi networks that I designate as they become available, regardless of what network I'm currently connected to?

I have a wifi-only Nexus 7, and a mobile wifi hotspot that I want to use only when other, freer, wireless access isn't available (so not when I'm at home, on a bus with wifi access, etc.).

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

To save some time upfront, I have Pocket Casts. I love Pocket Casts for the most part. But it is missing something I really want (or I just haven't been able to find it).

Is there a podcast app that will allow me to:

Automatically filter podcast episodes by keywords in the title and/or move those podcast episodes automatically to a playlist? The 'keywords in the title' part of this is the most critical thing. If the former, I would need to have multiple filters available. if the latter, I would need podcasts not to be removed from playlists once they've been played.

Honestly, Pocket Cast's filters would be perfect for what I want, if it did the keyword thing, which as far as I can tell, it doesn't.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Can anyone recommend a good location based alarm? I saw a few on the store but I was wondering if there's a standout.

Bus route is changing next week and I want to make sure I don't miss the new transfer point.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

dik-dik posted:

I mean, it's not really a feature that you'd expect from a podcast app in the first place (at least, not that I would), so it's kinda cool that it works at all?

I like PocketCasts well enough but literally every other podcast app I've tried has a better implementation of virtual podcasts than it does.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

coyo7e posted:

Basically I'm tired of skipping an episode when I hit Autoplay and am not in the mood to immediately listen to it or lose it, and then realizing I have to get to a wifi point and re-download it when and if I do skip it. I don't want to change my episode retention rules, I just want more playlists. :(

If you ever find a podcast app with actually good playlist support, shout from the rooftops because I have yet to find one. PocketCasts comes close except for the part where there's no option to leave stuff on a playlist after it's been played, at least that I could find. Which is a thing I want sometimes. Shut up, that's why.

I'm using Podcast Republic these days, which works, but that's about all I can say about it (there's a reason it's not in the thread title, I suspect).

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My recollection is that the playlist limit is 1000. I've certainly never gotten near it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Getting a cat and letting it know that morning is when it gets fed works too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

That's not as weird as the one about truffle hunting, but it is kind of oddly specific, yeah.

I got one about recreational parachuting earlier today.

• Locked thread