Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
so apparently the new widgetlocker is no longer compatible with my Desire Z and I'm out 3 bux :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I can't install the latest version of widget locker on my desire Z with CM7. I contacted the developer, and this shouldn't be happening. I've uninstalled market updates, and cleared all market data. Does anyone know of anything else I can try?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Trillian owns. I got grandfathered into a pro account, and even though I only use Google talk most of the time, I still use it because it synergizes with the desktop client so well.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Pipski posted:

Can anyone recommend a remote mouse app? I just want something that will enable me to mouse around my PC monitor from across the room and that finds the server nice and quickly, though if it had a volume control built in that would rock. I used to use the imaginatively named `remote mouse' on iOS and I need something equivalent on Android now.

I use unified remote for this. It has a mouse, but does a lot of other things too, and it's free

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Can someone explain why Currents is only available in the US? I can understand music and voice, but I really don't know why a news reader needs to be geo-locked.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

SmokeyXIII posted:

but not their mp3 store app sadly.

You can sign up for, and buy MP3s from amazon in Canada if you happen to have an american credit card and address. The only stores that I am aware of that service Canada are iTunes and 7Digital.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Steriletom posted:

On the topic of Google Music: Am I the only person in Canada to have received an official invite? I got it a couple of weeks ago and figured that a Canadian roll out was in progress but I have not heard of any other Canadian receiving access since.

I got an invite when it was first release, but never allowed to use it.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

inconsistent back button behaviour is an Android problem not a Google Music problem.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

WYA posted:

To continue with stupid questions can I buy apps without using a credit card?
No, but for a while I used a prepaid credit card, which is pretty much not using a credit card.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The fact is that flash on mobile is going away whether we like it or not, so if these sites that use flash want to remain relevant into the future they will need to re-evaluate their use of that technology. I'm looking at you restaurant industry.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The Merkinman posted:

Download the {insert restaurant} app today! :suicide:

the worst is my bank whose (android) app literally launches the browser to the mobile version of their website, but the URL is formed in such a way that there is no chance someone could just type it in. After that you can just bookmark it, but it's ridiculous that they even make you download the app in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

deong posted:

I was thinking the same thing. WTF has been up with the CM media choices. Between the default sounds and the new CID mascot... bleh. At least its all easy to fix issues and the ROM isn't suffering.

This is what happens when you get a bunch of hackers, programmers, and engineers making aesthetic design choices. You'll occasionally end up with something good, but what they really need is some artists; and not the kind that just recolor their fursona to be cyan as we saw in their mascot contest.

• Locked thread