Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yo Eleven posted:

I moved to GO Launcher after it became obvious that LauncherPro wasn't going to continue to be supported. Also, I was tired of it crashing and having to force close it twice a day.

I don't ever have LP crash for force close on me. I wish it were better supported, but it does everything I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm willing to bet this issue is app-related, but god help me if I can figure out which one.

When I get a call and answer it, I get a mechanical-sounding voice that says:

"You have a call from PERSON NAME. Press 1 to answer or 2 to send to voicemail."

When I swipe to answer, that means I want to answer the call, not end up at a voice menu that asks me to confirm my decision.

I recently upgraded my Evo 4g to Cyanogen Mod 7.1, but I answered two or three calls with CM 7.1 before this behavior started, so I doubt that was it. I've trolled through a bunch of menus in various apps but haven't found any options that seem related to the problem.

Any ideas, guys?

I also have a persistent problem I've dubbed the "phantom voicemail." I've had this one for well over a year now. It's been awhile since I posted about it, so maybe someone will know this time.

My phone insists I have a voicemail. I do not, on either Sprint's voicemail or google voice. Nevertheless, I get a notification for a new voicemail several times a day. Anyone know what is going on?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

fancy widget stuff

I got this too!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Wagonburner posted:

1x1 weatherbug is pretty coal I think. http://i.imgur.com/ltoFa.jpg

Hi, fellow Tulsa-Area person! I too like weatherbug!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Why isn't gmail getting push mail any longer? A week or two ago I just stopped getting mail automatically. I have to manually refresh now.

I have plenty of free space on internal storage. I heard that could be a possible cause.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I don't feel a need at all to move on from Launcher Pro Plus.

I liked having updates, but it has done everything I need it to do for...a very long time. I can't point to any functionality that I must have that LPP is missing. Best $3 I ever spent on my phone.

I have no regrets.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

THF13 posted:

That is the ideal solution but my friends use facebook pretty extensively to communicate and plan things so I don't want to get rid of it entirely. The app looks like it can let me use facebook while making it more difficult for someone to see old posts that I have no reason to keep on facebook.

If you're that concerned about privacy, stop posting things on a public service designed to share that information.

Use the service only for private communications and plans.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

So, AirDroid

Ran across this in my Google+ stream yesterday and it's the best thing ever. Simple, wireless file transfers. SMS search, send, receive, and group send. Manage apps. Manage running processes. Manage everything.

From your web browser.

It's fast, it's intuitive, and it works better than anything of its kind I've run across.

Oh, and it's free.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

it should be noted that AirDroid requires the phone and PC to be on the same network.

If they ever manage to get around that limitation...I dunno what I'll do. Do circles while waving my hands over my head, screaming happy thoughts? Something like that.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Splizwarf posted:

Why can't you just make a VPN and start dancing immediately?

Have you seen me dance? I'm a fat nerdy white guy. No one wants to see that.

Actually, I'm just not exactly sure what's entailed in making a VPN. I'm sure I could Google it but I hate hoop-jumping so I'll pass.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

big mean giraffe posted:

I'm pretty sure word feud can, its free to dl and check out, plus its goon made and uses push well which means low battery use.

Wordfeud does indeed, both the us and international dictionaries are available!

WWF does not. It's sanitized. All offensive words are missing, and some that aren't so offensive are gone too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

SplitSoul posted:

I can't count the times where my only option has been to play a horrible racial slur, sometimes like three or four times in a row. I wonder what my opponent must've thought of me. :ohdear:

Until you've gotten nearly 100 points for FUCKUP, you haven't played Scrabble.

• Locked thread