Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

It should probably be noted that the Amazon Appstore is US-only (much to our dismay here in Europe).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

torjus posted:

In the same vein, DeskSMS makes it possible to send and receive text messages through Google Chat/Talk, the DeskSMS website and a chrome extension. There's even a widget included to control which services you want to sync with.

It's quite fantastic.

And in the same vein again, GTalkSMS lets you control your phone over Google Talk. (And is completely free and open source!)

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

spincube posted:

I just noticed - in my receipt emails, I'm being addressed by my employer's former name; as in, 'Dear [COMPANY_NAME]'.

Now that's odd, but what's even stranger is that that text doesn't even appear anywhere in my G+ profile right now; I'm sure I altered it around mid-October time after a corporate buyout/re-branding, but I've got a receipt from November that still calls me by [COMPANY_NAME].

Of course, there's no way to alter this in the 'Market account' page, and of course that information's not up on my G+ page. I just don't know what the gently caress right now.

Try checking your Google Wallet; that's probably where it gets the name from.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Splizwarf posted:

This app is the best, really satisfying to use. A little off-topic but does anyone have something in the same vein for Windows 7? I used to have something that worked like this for XP but that was years ago.

I quite like WinDirStat for that.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

clockworkjoe posted:

What's the best app to watch avi files? The default app seems to freeze up quite a bit.

I watch quite a bit of video, and I'm pretty happy with MX Video Player.

It supports both hardware and software rendering, subtitles, multiple sound tracks, etc.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Aatrek posted:

I am looking for an app to measure walking distance, using GPS or whatever. I found a really nice walking path near my home, but it doesn't have any distance markings and is too new to appear on Google Maps for an aerial approximation. Anything like that exist?

Seconding Endomondo. It's what I use for tracking my walks.

Here's a walk I took the other day, to show you the output it produces.

I've got the paid version, I'm not quite sure what the difference is compared to the free version; I got it when it was on sale a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

ejstheman posted:

The 2012 version does, but not 2013. 2013 is a Qualcomm Snapdragon, and Google Play says the VLC beta isn't compatible. :(

That's strange; I have a 2013 version, and I installed the beta from Google Play just fine. (Installed it since MX currently isn't working on the Nexus 7.)

• Locked thread