Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Splizwarf posted:

I wish it was possible to set something other than Gallery as the default for a "photo gallery" request from an app.

This is definitely possible, I've done it. You may need to clear and reassign your default app settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Codiusprime posted:

Holy gently caress widget locker just got way more awesome. Go upgrade that poo poo cause I know you already have it.

For some reason the market says its no longer compatible with my device. I've got an LG Optimus S. What could they have changed that fucks up for me?

edit: New 2.2.1 update fixed it, that was quick.

plester1 fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 26, 2011

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

quote:

New setting: Auto-update apps (presumably, sets all apps to auto-update mode, woohoo!)

Oh my god, finally

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Living Vicariously posted:

Is there anything out there like Phantom Music Widget that's either A) free or B) can at least be purchased via the Market?

Is this what you're looking for? https://market.android.com/details?id=cz.jhg.musiccontrolwidget&hl=en

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

I'm using twicca for Twitter right now, but haven't looked in a while. Are any of the other apps significantly better?

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

I think the real danger of a Steam app is buying PC games from the toilet, anywhere in the world.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Splizwarf posted:

This app is the best, really satisfying to use. A little off-topic but does anyone have something in the same vein for Windows 7? I used to have something that worked like this for XP but that was years ago.

Another that hasn't been mentioned is SpaceSniffer.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

LastInLine posted:

What was that file browser app that everybody likes that wasn't ES? I'm wanting to try it out again and haven't been able to remember the name for two days now.

You might be thinking of Astro.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Speaking of Google Voice, is it still unable to do MMS? Will iPhone group texts be lost to the aether? I have the Sprint/GV integration, but I'm considering porting straight to Google Voice and going contract-free with another carrier.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

I guess the followup question is: are there any good alternatives to Google Voice? I love texting via my PC and tablet through my phone number too much to give it up.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

Still can't send/receive MMS.

I have GV with Sprint integration, but I'm planning on porting straight to GV and using a T-Mo prepaid SIM. Losing MMS is what worries me the most. Do you just tell people to stop texting you pictures? Do you miss group texts sent by iPhone users?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

hooah posted:

How is that done?

Menu button>Settings>Menu button>Report an issue

• Locked thread