Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
What's the best app for Android that can track a lost phone. I was recommended Cerberus but some people did not like that it pretty much permanently stays on your phone even if you flash the ROM / reformat. Is that true? Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I switched over from the Galaxy S3 to the Nexus 4 and I love it! However, I miss the stock widget on my S3 of the month calendar that showed all my upcoming tasks / events for the full month. The Nexus 4 Calendar widget only shows the day... Any recommendations for apps/widgets that can do what I am looking for?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

ConanThe3rd posted:

Simple Calender be the tool you need.

I downloaded but cannot figure out how to set it to show the month view... Google is not helping either.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I currently have two Gmail accounts set up with my Gmail app but I also want to add my corporate Exchange email but I'm assuming that I'm SOL with that and I should use the default Email app on my Nexus 4?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Does installing the Hangout apps for my Mac enable me to send SMS text messages from my Mac -> someone's phone? Similar to what iMessage does?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I will be commuting out of the country tomorrow in Canada and am wondering if I am able to use Google Maps navigation with all data / wi-fi turned off except for GPS?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Is it just me or has Google step-by-step voiced navigation been lacking recently. Instead of saying, "Take a slight right on 6th ave" it now says, "Take a slight right". What happened to the detail and is there a fix to this / alternative navigation app?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I just bought signed up for new internet service and bought a new router. It seems that the internet goes down on my phone (Nexus 5) pretty frequently over Wi-Fi. However, on my laptop, I've never had an issue. Is there a good app where I can monitor the data/bandwidth that I'm getting form my router?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Does anyone know if I can upload all my photos from the last several years that are on my computer to Google Photos without it having count against my available space?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I've been using Touchdown HD for my work Email but I'm sure there are better applications out there. Anyone have any suggestions?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I received a $25 credit for the Amazon App store. Does anyone know how this works? It says "we placed a $25 Amazon Appstore credit onto your account; valid toward apps, games and in-app items (excluding subscriptions)."

How does this work and where am I supposed to redeem this?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I've been using Mighty Text for a while now and love it. Never had any issues and it's very convenient being able to reply to texts on my computer. However, I've been hearing a lot about Push Bullet and was wondering if anyone had any experience with going from MT to PB. How is it and how does it compare?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I just switched over to Pushbullet because MightyText is going to start charging $3 a month for sending over 500 texts with their app. Do I have an option to be able to delete text conversations within Pushbullet in Chrome?

Also, I use TeslaUnread and I'm confused on what it means to be able to give that app notification bar access? What does that mean?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I just received my new Nexus 6P and have been going through the battery optimization menu. The only app that I have that is not optimized is Cerberus - should I keep it like that or enable battery optimization. I wonder how it will affect tracking?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is Cerberus better at tracking than Android Device Manager? You wouldn't even have to pay for that.

It's a lot more refined and has more useful features so I've kept it around. I also only paid around $2 for it a year or so ago so I've always have the paid version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I'm going to be on a long flight in a few weeks and want to download some games to pass the time. I don't mind paying for games either but I'm having a tough time finding good ones since the "Top Paid" list is littered with Truck Simulator / Minecraft / Family Guy / Adventure Time / Archer games. Anyone have any recommendations?

• Locked thread