Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
My Transformer has both "Zinio" and "Zinio Reader." Which one am I supposed to use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Do I need root to uninstall those kinds of apps that come on my device?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I don't have enough widgets on my tablet. What are some good and useful ones?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What's the best djvu reader out there for Android? I will be using it on a Tablet if that matters.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
So I want to start subscribing to some blogs to read on my tablet.

How do I do this, exactly? I was guessing Google Reader, but I hear that is being "rolled into Google+" or something?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Geekner posted:

It's still separate, they are just adding g+ features the same way they did starring/buzz integration. Just different buttons to ignore.

So what's the best Google Reader app?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Any idea how to remove bookmarks from my Tablet browser? there's no option, and it seems to have all the saved bookmarks from my phone. Is there some centralized database of my bookmarks saved somewhere? I don't have to edit them all on my phone, do I?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Bonzo posted:

I live in Canada but will be in the US for about a week. What is a good app that I can use to make calls over Wifi? Bonus is they also work for calling Landlines.

Skype... I think?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
FYI, the Time Warner Cable mobile app:

-Requires you disable USB debugging mode (why?)
-Pops up a message saying Live TV doesn't work on rooted devices (wtf?!)

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
So the new update to the Nike Plus app has some interesting permission requirements:

quote:

Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your tablet, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals.

Allows the app to add, remove, change events that you can modify on your tablet, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to send messages that appear to come from calendar owners, or modify events without the owners' knowledge. Allows the app to add, remove, change events that you can modify on your phone, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to send messages that appear to come from calendar owners, or modify events without the owners' knowledge.

Allows the app to read all calendar events stored on your tablet, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to share or save your calendar data, regardless of confidentiality or sensitivity. Allows the app to read all calendar events stored on your phone, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to share or save your calendar data, regardless of confidentiality or sensitivity.

What the heck are the legit requirements for those?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What's a no-frills app for combining two or more photos? There seem to be a lot of them.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

1st AD posted:

I like PhotoGrid.

Works great, thanks!

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Dice Dice Baby posted:

What's THE calculator app nowadays?

A bit late, but if you're doing anything advanced, the Wolfram Alpha app is very full featured and can handle advanced calculus and linear aglebra applications.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

mcbexx posted:

I can't stop laughing at how Google Music still can't tell Billy Idol and Billy Joel apart.

Unglaublich!

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I'm trying to find a way to stream from the FoxSoccer2Go app or website to my TV. Does anyone know if Chromecast supporst this or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Cruseydr posted:

On your PC, use the ChromeCast extension to cast the tab to your TV. You can't do it from your phone, if that's what you're wanting to do.

Yeah, I was. Because if I'm using my laptop I might as well just plug it in via HDMI instead of chromecasting.

• Locked thread