Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

dissss posted:

Is it possible to create an appointment in Vlingo (or an alternative voice search app)

The "Remind me at 11am I have a haircut at 4pm" thing Siri can do sounds really useful.
No, it's pretty limited. I think the closest you can get is "open calendar".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Acrolos posted:

Do you guys have any suggestions for a good Facebook app that has a full page widget available. Friendcaster and Launcher Pro both have something is perfect, but Friendcaster doesn't seem to update unless you manually refresh it, and Launcher Pro requires you to use the Launcher to have the widget. I'm kind of enjoying Ice Cream Sandwich, so I don't want to go that route.
I've never used it, but it looks like Android Pro Widget's "Timeline" widget mimics Launcher Pro's "Friends" widget. But while APW is free, it costs $2.49 to unlock the Timeline widget.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Hubis posted:

So I am finally moving into the 21st century and abandoning my "pick one of a half-dozen passwords for every site I log into" strategy in favor of something actually secure. Does anyone have a recomendation for a good "Password Keeper" app? Candidates so far are SplashID, mSecure, and 1password (I tried keePass but the Mac client keeps crashing on me, so that's a deal-breaker). Requirements:

- Desktop application for OS X
- Syncing over wireless/dropbox
- Able to add/edit keys on mobile
- Option for browser integration / plugin
- Secure (duh)
1Password will do all that, but doesn't have a mobile browser extension that I know of.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
So in the future any app that has options is going to have a visible Action Bar all the time it's in the foreground?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Vagrancy posted:

By default apps targetting HC/ICS and beyond automatically get an action bar without any action from the dev. However the dev is free to show no action bars, show a top and bottom action bar, only show the bottom action bar, auto-hide the action bars etc if they choose.
Haha, yeah that should do a lot to fix the "non-standard use of the menu button" problem.

(Thanks for the explanation)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Penguissimo posted:

There's also Pure Messenger Widget, but I don't think it does Facebook.
Yeah, it does Facebook and Twitter. And the other stuff, but it's also always on screen.

It has some sort of problem with certain versions of Gmail, though, I think. Maybe he fixed that already.

• Locked thread