Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Codiusprime posted:

Holy gently caress widget locker just got way more awesome. Go upgrade that poo poo cause I know you already have it.

Holy tits, the ICS slider is so loving cool. Now I can add Facebook and Awful to the bog standard unlock and volume. I also noticed that they've finally added an option to pick the order of vibrate and silent for the volume control. The default skin also matches the minimalistic white lines look I was going for before, so bonus points for that. Now I just need to find matching icons for Facebook and Awful...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

woofi keeps trying to re-remember an access point I've already added (three times in the last day). Why does it keep doing this, and how do I stop it?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

What's a good multi-protocol messenger app that'll actually tell you if contacts are idle? I've been using imo.im, but I finally realized that idle AIM buddies are listed as available... which would explain why a lot of people seemed to be ignoring me.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

LastInLine posted:

Everyone swears by Trillian but I haven't used it personally. Anymore I tell people to GTalk or GTFO.

I've tried ebuddy, imo, and Trillian, and none of them are capable of detecting and displaying AIM's idle status. I really don't understand this. There are plenty of PC and Mac clients that can do it.

Edit: Just tried meebo. It shows idle users, but doesn't indicate if a user is mobile! This is getting ridiculous.

404notfound fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 6, 2011

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

How do I stop the Amazon appstore notifications? Also, can I get the free daily app without having to download it? I can just delete it from the cache folder, but it's extra work.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

The 2.x versions of the KeePass database are read-only on the Android app: http://www.keepassdroid.com/

quote:

Do you support KeePass version >=2, .kdbx databases?

Yes. Beta read-only support for .kdbx databases was added in KeePassDroid 1.5.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Dickeye posted:

How hard would it be to write an app that checked this page (the URL is the same every week) and downloaded the list every week?

Or just downloaded that page, it's a txt file.

If the format and stuff remains the same, then it's fairly trivial, as far apps go. Depending on what you want it to do, you could have a feature-complete, if barebones, app within a few hours. It's basically just parsing text.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Penguissimo posted:

According to the iTunes page for it...

So...it makes music? Somehow? And it's like a couple of other apps, but better. Well then.

http://lab.andre-michelle.com/tonematrix

There's also iNudge, which had more instruments/features, but it seems to have disappeared from the internet.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

This isn't really addressing your question, but why do you even need navigation in the vicinity of your house?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I think I already know the answer, but is there any way to get rid of the Widgetsoid notification icon instead of just making it transparent? JuiceDefender seems to have no trouble doing so.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Is there any texting/messaging app that's been updated for the ICS aesthetic (e.g., action bar support) and supports group MMS? On a related note, why do all the popular options look almost identical and share the same faux-iPhone interface?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Anybody know why my phone (on Verizon) wouldn't prompt people to leave voicemail anymore? Could it have something to do with the recent Google Voice integration with Hangouts?

Not sure if this is a better question for here or the phone thread.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I already embrace the whole "inbox zero" concept, and actively unsubscribe from things I don't care about, so Inbox doesn't really help me when I'll have two or maybe three messages, tops, in my inbox at any given time (most often an Amazon shipping notice so I have quick access to the shipping status). In fact, it's slightly more inconvenient now that I have to click once to expand the Promo or Social section and then again to actually open the message.

I could see the todo-oriented approach being great for somebody who gets a large volume of email every day, but I guess I'm not who they're targeting with the product.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Oh look, the Facebook app changed again and now makes an annoying little chirp whenever it finishes refreshing. And there's still no way to configure your news feed to be chronological. And when you do manage to find the most recent section, it now takes up the full screen and doesn't show you if you have any new notifications until you back out of the page.

Why am I still using this app :geno:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

In the Facebook app, did Instagram pop up under the favorites section on the rightmost page for anybody else? I know you can configure your favorite items from the desktop site, but the desktop site doesn't have an Instagram item.

I've never used Instagram and have no intention to start. This is dumb.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Taffer posted:

Dozens of developers working by themselves make better working, more consistent, and more visually appealing SMS/messaging apps than the entire Google app developer workforce. It's pretty sad honestly.

That's not that unusual--too many cooks, etc. There's even a book about this software engineering phenomenon called The Mythical Man-Month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Thermopyle posted:

I tried it out when it first came out and I never bothered switching back to Gmail. Not that I think it's better than Gmail, but I don't find it worse for my simple inbox which usually only has a couple of emails in it. I've certainly never felt it was user hostile.

It doesn't seem to have particularly bad ratings...

Ironically, I believe Inbox is actually designed for bigger, more cluttered inboxes. The whole approach emphasizes turning your inbox into essentially a to-do list, empowering you to tackle one message after another. For somebody who tries to stay as close to "inbox zero" as possible, there doesn't seem to be much benefit.

• Locked thread