Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
So, I've asked a couple of times but is the LP rewrite pretty much dead at this point? It was my favorite launcher back in the day but it just isn't what it used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

ilysespieces posted:

Holy poo poo thanks for that, my friend and I have been looking for an app that does just this for a while. He eventually made us a calender we both use but this is even better.

I had a calendar set up too, but this is so much easier to use. Also for some reason on my calendar I had to download new shows every month it was really annoying.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Holy gently caress widget locker just got way more awesome. Go upgrade that poo poo cause I know you already have it.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

letsgoflyers81 posted:

For the people that bought Widget Locket from Amazon and now can't upgrade, it looks like the developer may help you out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/lqza8/teslacoil_is_awesome_a_story_of_excellent/

Here's a reply directly from the developer:

That's a classy dev right there. A far cry from what some other devs have done.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
If they did I just didn't hear about it and was mistaken.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
So I kind of liked the G+ widget, did they do away with it in the new version of G+?

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Curses.

Next question: One hour last night is how long I dicked around with Go Launcher trying to figure out how to keep the wallpaper from scrolling. One loving hour. I want that hour back, bit more importantly I want my wallpaper to stop scrolling. Any ideas?

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Lprsti99 posted:

Preferences, screen settings, normal/portrait wallpaper

I love you.

Seriously. Every other home replacement has a scrolling wallpaper option.

Thanks again.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Hey guys, I'm trying to pull a logcat for a game developer but im having some trouble. I've tried a few of the apps on the market but I can't really seem to get them to work. Am I going to have to use the SDK or am I just missing something with these apps?

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Cool, so I have alogcat installed and when I open it says "please wait reading logs" then the screen is just black. Is this what's supposed to happen and im just dumb?

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I think it's new as I've not had that issue until just Recently.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I'm having some annoying issues with the new Amazon App Store app. It will either poo poo out a persistent notification onto my status bar and just have it sit there stuck at 0% or it will download the app but refuse to let me install it. Anyone else having issues?

Edit: had to uninstall, even after a reboot the persistent notifications were still there.

Codiusprime fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 11, 2011

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Amazon has said they will let people root it, a lot people have taken this to mean mean we'll have complete control over the device. I can't see it being that easy, they might let us root it but with them actually losing money on every device it's in their best interest to keep it locked down to some extent. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

the fact that it wont be locked down

This is exactly what I'm saying, we don't know this.

But yea I think you're right as far as the dev scene goes.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Yea, apparently there are apps in the Amazon App Store that won't run on the Fire. With no filters in place I see this as not being a good thing.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Working on my Liberty Rom X2. Also very pretty.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Quick Pic is the best gallery app I think. Much better than stock and it sounds a hell of a lot better than the HTC one. I think EStrong has an image viewer though, it has everything else.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Does that mean it works on all HC devices now? That may have happened a while ago though, not sure.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Is multi touch support in keyboards difficult to do? One of the reasons I love the Motorola keyboard so much is because it's multi touch. Swift key just included it. Why don't more keyboards support multi touch?

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Is the Amazon store completely retarded for anyone else since the last update or so? If you have an update, you select it and it starts to download. Once it downloads you get the standard Android "Install dis poo poo" screen. After it installs, you get the other normal "Install complete" screen with the option to open the freshly installed application or dismiss the screen. Then for some reason you get prompted to install again (replace) as well as getting a notification letting you know again that the fucker was installed that says "Tap to launch." Oh, and if you decide to download something that requires wifi and you're not on it, the downloading notification is stuck there until you connect to wifi and download or clear data for the Appstore. I guess they tried to make it easier but it just throws up a bunch more poo poo that gets in the goddamn way.

I've had serious issues since they kind of redesigned it a bit. I've had to uninstall it numerous times, it's a piece of poo poo.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I use it on my Nook Color, on my phone it causes awful redraw.

I know what I miss most about LPP, it being good.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

LastInLine posted:

I don't want a persistant search bar and not having scrollable widgets would suck balls.

Yea, that search bar is kind of lame. I thought ICS had scrollable Widgets?

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I may have misunderstood but it sounds like he has gotten almost four days out of his phone and he still has almost three quarters of his battery left.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I am really enjoying it! Made the circles completely transparent, nice and clean. It's also very fast and smooth, much nicer than a regular ole folder.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I love DeskSMS, it's by Koush and it has some nice options. Forwards to chrome extension, email or gtalk. Love it.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I have enough abandoned paid apps littering the My Apps section of the Market to be extremely wary of subscription based purchases on Android.

Edit: To be fair it is Koush. If there's one person I would trust to keep a subscription app up to date it would be him.

Is it subscription??

I guess it is as I paid five bucks for a year. I can understand your hesitation but it is a pretty great app. As the person above me noted though there are a fair amount of free alternatives.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This owns pretty hard. I was about ready to get pissed after JUST dumping $5 into DeskSMS but it should be noted that AirDroid requires the phone and PC to be on the same network.

I was slightly irritated myself, that's a good point though, thanks! I bought DeskSMS to use primarily at work, where there is no wifi.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Yea that's weird, I never had Watchdog act like that when I had it installed. Also it's less a task killer and more a resource monitor. Great for catching rouge apps.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I love touch calendar and I bet it has a widget that would work for you.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

C-Euro posted:

How vital is it right now to have a good antivirus program on an Android device? And who among you can recommend one for my Transformer?

Pretty sure a Google engineer just recently made a post about how pointless they are and how the peoe who sell them are crooks.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

ExcessBLarg! posted:

You have a link for that?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114765095157367281222/posts/ZqPvFwdDLPv

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Weird, I haven't had any of those issues on either my X2 or Nook Color. I'm loving the app though.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

Should I get ADW Launcher while it's 10 cents if I am generally happy with LPP? Does it have significant differences in features or anything?

Will ten cents break you?

If yes: Do not buy

If no: YES! Do buy! It's ten cents!

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Widhetlocker consistently slows my phone way down after about a week or two of use. I love the options it offers but I notice much improved performance after I uninstall it.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Living Vicariously posted:

So what's everyone's favorite browser at the moment? I'm using Opera Mobile and I like it for the most part but there's a handful of quirks about it that bother me.

I tried to switch to a different browser and everything else is just so, loving, slow. Feels like someone poured molasses on my phone. I'm just holding out for the ICS browser.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help much. I'm right there with ya on sine of its weird quirks.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Opera has that feature also.

I just wish it wasn't so finicky about rendering mobile sites.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Splizwarf posted:

This happens because Opera was available for dumbphones for long enough that "Opera" as your useragent will tell sites that have a mobile version to send that to you instead of the real one. This has driven me nuts for years with my college's website, trying to use Opera on the PC. Try it with your useragent to IE or "desktop".

Or maybe I've misunderstood your problem.

Nope, you nailed it. Thanks for the explanation. Like you suggested I just run it on desktop now.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
The stock Google Music widget is indeed awful, I kind of gave them a pass when it was in Beta but seriously google. What the gently caress.

That's why I want them to open up the apis so someone can actually make a decent widget.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

dissss posted:

It doesn't really take up a row, you still get the same 4x4 area you had available before the bar was introduced.

Valid point about lack of customisation available though - especially not being able to change the grid size up to 5x5 or higher (which I'd imagine would be great on the big screen of teh Galaxy Nexus)

It might not take up a row but it does take up space. I can see why it would be ok to have a persistent search bar on a tablet where you have a ton of screen space but sticking it at the top of every home screen on a phone is dumb. Also why oh why can't we change the number of screens, such a simple thing yet only Rosie let's you do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

LastInLine posted:

It isn't entirely their fault; every time they get ready to do a big push for Isis, Sterling Archer does something that totally destroys the brand equity before it can launch. :v:

Well played goon sir, well played.

• Locked thread