Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

Edwardian posted:

This is Captain Biteypants. He's a long-haired tuxedo kitty; my eldest daughter found him as a kitten, and he's been terrorizing the family ever since. No ankles within a paw swipe of the bedskirt are safe.

The stair post is his usual roost. He will also take a swipe at you as you walk by.
(When we found him, some jerk had declawed him and them abandoned him. The worst of his swipe is his bony pink toepads -- but they are well-covered with toe floof.)

Oh my god! The name, the face, the fur - I LOVE this cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToiletOtter
Jun 18, 2007

Our Sammy singing a Serious solo Song.

NosmoKing posted:

Front: Smudge at 17.5 years

Middle : Gidget at 2.5 years. Sleek and chatty female

Back: Boomer at 2.5 years (Gidget and Boomer are littermates) He's cool if only because he likes to sleep on my butt.

No, that's not Boomer. THIS is Boomer.

Here he is playing the part of Bromer.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
This is Rosa.

She's pretty great.

Also very stealthy.

But mostly adorable.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is McDee, so named because he was found, abandoned under a dumpster at McDonalds, with his sister, McDonna, as a kitten. I worked at a no-kill cat shelter in college, and while his sister had been adopted long ago, he had spent 8 months there with no prospects.

He loved when I would come in every day to feed the cats, and he was always most excited to see me of any of the cats. When my volunteer time came to an end, I couldnt leave him behind.

Here he is sitting next to our other cat, Mufassa. They are kind of the exact opposite of what this thread has described. McDee loves me and my wife to death, but doesnt like new people. Mufassa loves nothing better than to see new people. They occasionally get along for long enough to take shots like the above one.

KioskNinja
Dec 26, 2005
Better than winning a Gold Medal at the Special Olympics!!
This is Boogie. She was part of a unexpected litter (the whole thing was a fiasco) and now she is the wee tiny empress of the house. My little boy adores her and regularly naps hugging her like a stuffed animal while she purrs away and makes air biscuts and she is the quietest cat ever. We think her meower is broken, it always comes out chirpy. She is a absolute doll for the most part but for some reason WILL NOT STAY OUT OF THE TREE.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

KioskNinja posted:

This is Boogie. She was part of a unexpected litter (the whole thing was a fiasco) and now she is the wee tiny empress of the house. My little boy adores her and regularly naps hugging her like a stuffed animal while she purrs away and makes air biscuts and she is the quietest cat ever. We think her meower is broken, it always comes out chirpy. She is a absolute doll for the most part but for some reason WILL NOT STAY OUT OF THE TREE.

That is a precious angel you've got atop the tree. So lifelike!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
These are my boys, Valo and Mikko.

Valo is the oldest, I rescued him from a shelter at 1 year old. His family had moved away and a landlord found him locked in the vacated home. He's the sweetest cat I've ever met, he loves everyone, family and strangers, and every other cat or dog he's met. He's chased my mother's golden retriever through the house just so he'd have a chance to rub up against her.

Mikko is about 2.5 years younger, and has never grown up. The story goes he was taken from his mother at something insane like 4 weeks, and so likely has some sort of complex. He has a super high-pitched, squeaky meow, that makes it sound like he walks around the house going "Me! Meeeee!" He has the biggest sense of entitlement, thinking every lap, toy, food, or drink is his. Notice how he's lying on top of Valo in every pic. He's terrified of new people, but eventually warms up, and then will pester you for attention constantly, unless Valo is awake.

I love them. :3:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Can't stop taking pictures of my drat cat.

catball :3:

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
This is Tafield, aka Taffy or Tafs. Found abandoned at 3-4 weeks old underneath a random car in a parking lot with her sister, she was taken care of by the rescuer for 4 weeks before I adopted her. She is so :3:

I had two tuxedo cats of mine die last year. One was just after Thanksgiving, thanks to my roommate letting him outside overnight by accident when my city was experiencing freezing temperatures. One was due to being overfed by Kibbles 'n' Bits for the last 10 years (my parents' cat actually).

So I'm glad to rescue a cat from a bad fate, especially a tuxedo cat, after those two sad tragedies.

Koala Food
Nov 16, 2010

Sadie. I wanted to get her brother too, who was also all black, but my mom had said that it would be boring. And then she ended up disliking the white littermate that we got instead. Guh.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
Goomba loves chewing his long grass.
He usually doesn't even eat it. He just chews it.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Its sad to hear that black (and black and white) cats are difficult to rehome, but come to think of it both our ones were rescues.

Smudge - rescued from a supermarket carpark as a kitten

Milkshake - rescued from a cardboard box left down by the river

dissss fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Mar 16, 2014

benjai
Jun 26, 2007
Wow, those are two GORGEOUS cats. I want to steal them. And of course, the moment I even think such a thing, Batman comes up in my lap and purrs.

So as to make it up to him, here he is in his Christmas best.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Milkshake really is gorgeous. Majestic, even.

Candygram
Mar 25, 2009

Flowers? Plumber? Wait. I-I'm only a dolphin, ma'am.
I have a tabby named Jude and a black cat named Edgar. I am a veterinary technician, and a couple of years ago found Edgar while volunteering at the local no-kill shelter. His eye was practically rotting out of his head, I didn't even think he was going to live. But I put him in isolation in a small, dark closet with about ten medications on board to try to save his life. Slowly but surely his eye got better, and to this day neither I nor any veterinarian I work with knows how he got through it. As a result I ended up taking him home to be Jude's new baby brother.

However my poor Edgar seemed to have developed some mental issues. He emotionally cannot go to the litter box without positive reassurance, or else he urinates/defecates inappropriately. He also is the biggest breast feeder in the world and needs to take his Prozac so he can get through the day of me being gone at work without having an emotional breakdown. He is my special little boy and I love both of my cats more than anything.

Chasie
Nov 17, 2004

Don't stop believin'

I know, I posted about my black cat ages ago. But he's so handsome I had to give it another go to counter all these tuxedo pretenders.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
When it gets cold outside they fuse into one two-headed black cat :pwn:

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
To share the love of black cats, this is Abby. She's just over a year old and a cross between anti-social kitty and lovebug.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.
I don't really own him, he's a stray I'm trying to home, but here's a lovely (if a bit :downs: ) little cat.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
This is my nerd of a cat. He never shuts up; he's always this talkative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7opYabaL2E&feature=player_embedded

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Looking through this thread is like looking at at thousand clones of Einstein.

That picture is from when he was 4 months old, just a day or two after we got him and his brother, Heisenberg, from a shelter in a local Petsmart in October of 2010. They're just over a year and a half old now, and we love them to bits. :3:

Chillin' with Heisen-bro on my bed:

On may lap, going for my camera's wrist-strap:

Cuddling with Bro-senberg after a long day:

"YAAAAWN"

After we got our Christmas presents this year, the cats got their own!

Look out behind you! :ohdear:

Whomever it was that said Temple Grandin thought black cats were more social, I think that's spot-on. Einstein's on my lap several times a day, every day, usually for at least half an hour at a time; and, in fact, before we'd even gotten him, he was literally climbing all over me and my mother at the shelter. He's also the one who usually initiates the wrasslin' with his big brother (and gets his butt whupped almost every time, but that doesn't stop him).

JollityFarm
Dec 29, 2011
My catbro Scri is a good friend with giant paws (he has extra fingers).
Here he is, stretching:

Lying in a catball:

Big ole feeties:

We got him from a shelter when I was 13 and he's been more or less the sweetest, most affectionate cat we've had. He'll just sit on your lap and knead at you and purr and purr.

JollityFarm fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 30, 2011

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

I love how many of the cats in this thread have a snaggletooth.

My SO found a super cute lost puppy wandering about the neighborhood, and we dropped it off at the humane society (where he was eventually reunited with his family). While there we had a look at the adoption centre for a companion to Morbo, a small tabby we took in from my SO's brother who had one rescued cat too many. She was a nervous wreck when she arrived, having been at the bottom of the totem pole at his house. A year and lots of work later, she was confident and sassy but didn't have anyone to hang out with while we were out.

This is Diablo. He's two years old and a romper.

He'd been in the shelter for six weeks when we saw him, and we had heard and read a lot about the dismally low adoption rates for adult black cats. After watching him for a few minutes we saw how tolerant he was of the more aggressive cats and I liked how large he was.

This is Morbo.

She didn't take to an intruder in the house very well at first, perhaps because of her past experience. She'd growl and hiss when he got within ten feet and spent most of the day hiding from him. Despite all her hostility, he's been a perfect gentleman and refrained from stalking or bullying her, and kept a respectable distance for the two months we've been socializing them. I was really pleased when I saw this coming home a little while ago.

Anyway, I liked reading about and seeing your cats so I thought i'd share my own story.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

hey blaine how do you feel about chin scratches

NewsGunkie
Jul 23, 2007
Sometimes, there's a clog in the pipelines.
Oooh, Boots. You fluffy little jerk. :3:

EDIT: D'oh, bad link.

NewsGunkie
Jul 23, 2007
Sometimes, there's a clog in the pipelines.
And since there are tuxedos in the thread, here's Mr. Smudge, aka blanketwhore. :3:

He's normally either on top of them, or under them.

Default expression.

This is generally how I'm greeted when I get home.

Sorry for the lack of Boots photos- She isn't as photogenic.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love black cats, they are just some of the most kind hearted cats I've had.

This is Noche, chilling on my parent's porch. He was a stray that showed up one day and we took care of him and he decided to stay. He likes to pick fights with some other cats, but every new addition to our family and he makes best friends.

He's currently regretting making friends with my mother's new Yorkshire puppy, as the puppy jumps on his back to play every time they are on the same surface.

Here is one more picture with the other cats my family has:

We have one other black cat, she has a tiny spot of white on her chest. She was the third kitten coming from a completely white cat with a little grey spot on her head.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Ularg posted:

I love how they each have their own corner on the bed. :3:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
This is Layla

Just needs a tie by jg zkc, on Flickr

When she's not sleeping with her littermate Lola

Sleepy time by jg zkc, on Flickr

She's doing weird poo poo and getting crazy eyes

Demon Eyes by jg zkc, on Flickr

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Does anyone have some tips for combating Black Cat Blob Syndrome? I've been trying to get a decent shot of my Tia for this thread for like a month, but no matter what I try, she always comes out a slightly tubby black blob.

Well okay, there's one exception, it happened completely by accident, and you can see the result of the accident right over there:

<---------------------------------------------

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Good natural lighting is really your best bet. I know your pain. :(

john mayer
Jan 18, 2011

We got a new black tripod kitten today. :swoon: I'll definitely be following up on some of the picture taking tips because I have like one thousand photos of her that are all eyes on a black background. ):

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

Cool it a minute, babe, let me finish playing with my fake gun.

Elotana posted:

hey blaine how do you feel about chin scratches

D'aww. That's the face that Alli makes if she's just groomed herself, but has forgotten to look dignified.

Mr.Needles
Oct 11, 2007
Yay black kitties! This is Paisley. I adopted her from a woman who does rescue from her home. She was so happy to finally find her a home, because she has such a difficult time adopting out black cats.

Bogwoppit
Feb 9, 2012

"Dirty little bin-goblin."
Yes ladies, you can touch this. You can rub your face in it too (I do).

Witchkin is the only cat I know that puts up with ALL of my poo poo.
Including me looking upon him and proclaiming, "Oh no, this cat has been cooking on this side for far too long! It will start burning!" then taking all of his legs in one hand and rolling him over to stroke his other side.

He just lies there, happy to have the attention.

Cruxxed Up
Mar 30, 2011

Now you've done it.
This past Tuesday, I set out with the goal of adopting one kitty and ended up with two. Jasper (the big one in the picture below) immediately ran up to me and started purring and hiding under my skirt and instantly won me over. Then the tiny tuxedo fuzzball pounced onto Jasper's tail (which was sticking out from under the skirt) and they started to tussle on my feet before Jasper bonked Valentine's head and settled down to briefly groom him while Valentine purred and purred and purred.
Oh man.
So that was that. I have never encountered sweeter or snugglier kitties. It's only been three days and they are all ready the kings of the house. They made my grumpy law-schooling brother completely melt down in a matter of minutes and I think my mother has adopted them as surrogate grandchildren.

Jasper (left) and Valentine (right) are totally bros.

Jasper thus far refuses to be anything more than a black blob with my stupid cameraphone, so until I find the real camera, here is Valentine with his ridiculous bat ears.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

Flagrant Abuse posted:

This picture is AMAZING.

I love this thread. People, keep posting your black cat pics. Doesn't matter if you've already posted your cat in here - we need lots and lots of gorgeous black cat photos :)

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
Black cats are awesome... this is Kitty (imaginative, I know):

She also likes to spy:

She was a stray that we gave a home to, surprisingly, she is an incredibly picky eater.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

The only trick to photographing black cats is a shitload of light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Elotana posted:

The only trick to photographing black cats is a shitload of light.

Off axis light of any type is your friend because it picks up the curves and sheen in the coat. The flash on a point and shoot is worse than useless because it will flatten everything out. You can try bouncing the flash off of the ceiling or wall with reflectors if you want to try and get fancy, but a strong light source from the front/side with the flash off will be best.