Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just got a flu shot and same, cat. Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

is it cat racist to say that my black cat goes absolutely nuts for anything menthol

like she'll dig icy hot wrappers out of the trash if I don't take them out to the garage

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

hawowanlawow posted:

is it cat racist to say that my black cat goes absolutely nuts for anything menthol

like she'll dig icy hot wrappers out of the trash if I don't take them out to the garage

Mint and catnip are related, does your kitty love catnip too?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

cool, I did not know that. I guess she's not so special after all

COOKIE DELIGHT
Jun 24, 2006
I guess you could say..I was born naturally influent.
Had no idea that Chewy would send you paintings of your pet on random made up holidays.

Was saying out loud 'I didn't order poo poo from Chewy' and then boom, a gorgeous portrait that captured her essence.

What kind of capitalism is this?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

hawowanlawow posted:

cool, I did not know that. I guess she's not so special after all

You should probably post some photos of your cat, just to be safe. They'll help us confirm if she's special or not.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

COOKIE DELIGHT posted:

Had no idea that Chewy would send you paintings of your pet on random made up holidays.

Was saying out loud 'I didn't order poo poo from Chewy' and then boom, a gorgeous portrait that captured her essence.

What kind of capitalism is this?

Did you, like, send them photos of your cat at some point?

Like I buy from Amazon all the time but I’d be weirded out if they sent me a watercolor portrait of me, because I’ve never shown them what I look like. :tinfoil:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
They did it for me too! I think it's because you can upload cat pics for pet profiles when you have to get prescriptions and whatnot. It was very sweet. I think they might be genericish. They only sent us one despite us having three cats, it might've been for his birthday. They used to send letters that seemed handwritten and/or hand-signed.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

You’re uploading flattering photos?!

:ohdear:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

kaom posted:

:lmao:

COOKIE DELIGHT
Jun 24, 2006
I guess you could say..I was born naturally influent.

Xenomrph posted:

Did you, like, send them photos of your cat at some point?

ILL Machina posted:

They did it for me too! I think it's because you can upload cat pics for pet profiles when you have to get prescriptions and whatnot. It was very sweet.

Yeah, it was national Black cat Day and it included a letter that was intended to look hand-written.

I had assumed the painting was a generic black cat photo, though my partner who set up the account says it's her profile pic that she uploaded.

I searched and saw they do it for other animals, one person had a very cute painting of their turtle. It has nice brush strokes and was hand signed and numbered on the back with pencil.

kaom posted:

Amazing!

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I was a bit sad that we discovered my cats heart is beginning to fail and he's got a bit of a timeline hovering over him, I was telling my mom about it the other day. She called back about an hour after we talked and asked for a nice picture of him.

Today, I get this in the mail from her lol

It's...a very soft pillow.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
We just adopted two kittens from the local shelter who we have named Hansel and Gretel. Hansel is a bit more shy (and is sneezing and wheezing a little so we're a little worried he's picked up a small cold - I'm just a neurotic new cat mum, my partner says it'll be fine). Gretel is very adventurous and friendly. They're brother and sister. Pics related!!

Gretel

Hansel

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Yayyyy. Love it when siblings get adopted! They're gorgeous. And yeah the sniffles will probably resolve themselves soon.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Kittens are wonderful, pillow cat is wonderful, yawning cat is wonderful. :love:

Fire is wonderful:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

kaom posted:

Kittens are wonderful, pillow cat is wonderful, yawning cat is wonderful. :love:

Fire is wonderful:

Wanna rub that belly

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lines posted:

We just adopted two kittens from the local shelter who we have named Hansel and Gretel. Hansel is a bit more shy (and is sneezing and wheezing a little so we're a little worried he's picked up a small cold - I'm just a neurotic new cat mum, my partner says it'll be fine). Gretel is very adventurous and friendly. They're brother and sister. Pics related!!

Congratulations on adopting cute siblings. Do they get along well?

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Congratulations on adopting cute siblings. Do they get along well?

They seem to thus far but it's very early doors. Some mild arguing when excited from playing but also Gretel was grooming Hansel's fur earlier without objection. We'll see how they do as they grow I guess!

Update: relaxing together.

lines fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 11, 2023

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Ethics and Snowflake really like to keep me company.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

keep you from making GBS threads as well :evilbuddy:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

hawowanlawow posted:

Dexter was an orange boi but would literally assault* my knee or lower back if I used salonpas on those areas.

*make biscuits and lick furiously

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Sugie likes to sit in this exact spot and tear up the couch with his dewclaw

...as is his right

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

lol just the one spot too.

More enjoying the fireplace:

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

We just had a Panleukopenia scare in my house over the weekend. Luckily it turned out to be a false positive due to getting inoculated earlier in the week.

Very excited to get this little lady out of the house and to a new home.

Also, however soft you think that belly is, it's softer.

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 14, 2023

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Awww very glad she’s doing well.

Ours had their first adult vaccinations today. They had no fun, but the vet loved them.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

My little guy, lounging with my pup above... just found out his little heart is failing, and he's in pain.

I'm married, I have a kid, I have my career - but before all of that I had him. When I was on my own and alone I had this kitten. He sat on my shoulder while I played guitar, curled up into my neck at night... he's always been there. I don't think I can communicate properly to people how scared I am to lose him. I won't let him suffer just to let me have him a bit longer, we're saying goodbye to him tomorrow. I feel sick.

Here's another picture

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

I feel for you and am very glad you had each other all this time.
I have a guy like that, full of personal history! He'll be 18 next year.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Harvey Mantaco posted:

My little guy, lounging with my pup above... just found out his little heart is failing, and he's in pain.

I'm married, I have a kid, I have my career - but before all of that I had him. When I was on my own and alone I had this kitten. He sat on my shoulder while I played guitar, curled up into my neck at night... he's always been there. I don't think I can communicate properly to people how scared I am to lose him. I won't let him suffer just to let me have him a bit longer, we're saying goodbye to him tomorrow. I feel sick.

Here's another picture

You're doing the right thing, as painful as it feels right now.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Here's another picture

I am incredibly loving sorry for what you (and he) are going through, and my heart goes out to you both in this difficult time.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I’m so sorry. It’s the right call. The little guy is lucky to have your care.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

He's gone. Thanks for the kind words everyone.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Harvey I can't imagine what you're going through. I don't even know what to say but you're incredibly strong to be able to do the right thing.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm so sorry, Harvey. Thank you for taking good care of him.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Hey, he lives on here and will be remembered as a most excellent cat. Be well, goon friend.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Condolences on your cat Harvey, I've been in the same situation. Sounds like he had a fantastic life.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

I forgot he was gone and called out to him. Felt like a loving idiot. My kid shouldn't be consoling his dad, it should be the other way around, but while I was standing there in embarrassment my kid ran over and gave me the biggest hug he could, told me it's ok. My point is I'm completely broken by this cat, but I'm spoiled for love in my life and I'll be fine. Thanks goons, hope you're all spoiled for love too (and if you're not, get a cat!)

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I forgot he was gone and called out to him. Felt like a loving idiot.

Yeah, this'll happen. It's normal. He was a handsome little guy, and you clearly made each other's lives better than they would have been.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

My stepmum gave me this radiator bed today. Her cat never really took to it but Hansel and Gretel seem to be liking it. Radiator isn't even on!

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

She is peak smug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Something from imgur, not my void.

https://i.imgur.com/Z7zkt3F.mp4