Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I love black cats, just the contrast of their bright yellow eyes with the dark, shiny fur makes them the best. Plus every cat I've been around that was pure black was like Jekyll/Hyde with their personality - one minute, they're drooly snugglemonsters that want pets, the next minute they're feisty and attacking your hands/feet or anything else that shows even the slightest movement. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Shebrew posted:

Well done! At only 8 weeks she's already mastered the :catstare:

I love it when kittens are at this stage, their ears look waaayyy oversized for their teeny heads :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

theturbulentone posted:

I really do! I tried to persuade the husband but he wasn't sold on the idea of a whole brood of mewling panthers, cause he has no heart or soul obviously.

Trick him! The old "George would be better off with a buddy if/when we're both gone, so he's not lonely" would probably work. ;)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Percy has the perfect derpy :catstare:

The cat equivalent of :shepface:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Blinks posted:

Apologies in advance but I'm having a pretty good time at the minute and I want to gush about how much of a good boy Arthur has been. My fiancée went into labour at 1:30 on Sunday afternoon. The contractions got steadily worse and even though he is such a scaredy cat, Arthur lay by her on the bed and refused to move. For a cat that runs and hides under the dining table at the first sign of a loud noise, this is really impressive but he didn't shift once, just lay by her side. He was super brave putting up with my fiancée's cries.

He had been super affectionate in the 2 days prior to my daughter arriving and continues to be so now, he is coming over and laying on my arm, initiating cuddles, or burrowing his head and demanding head rubs.

Maybe I am reading into it too much but I'm sure he was being a sixth sense motherfucker and he knew poo poo was going down. I'm sure he knew that baby was coming and he was protecting my missus, guarding her during labour.

He is such a brilliant cat. He is my pal. I'm positive he is chilling at home, protecting the house from crooks and pulling elaborate defence techniques like in Home Alone in our absence. What a top draw cat.

I just hope he is super chilled out when baby and mum come home as it's about to get noisy and a whole lot more active in this household. I hope he takes to her, I will be gutted if he has to go because he can't behave around her, if he behaves hostile towards her.

Regarding this, I've heard from different sources that cats can usually detect changes in body temperature (usually happens when someone is sick or in some kind of distress) and will tend to be around more. I wouldn't doubt that they might be able to sense hormonal changes too, but not sure. I've had cats a couple times in my life (as a kid before allergies, and been around them through friends) and they definitely sense when something's up. An old friend of mine had a grumpy furball tabby cat that absolutely didn't want to be around people and would get hissy and bitey, probably because she had a couple young kids that didn't really treat the cat right. Second day I visited her place with a few other friends, grump cat waltzed over to the sofa where I was sitting, sat on the arm, and rubbed her head on my arm for pets. I gave her a few gentle scritches and rubs and she still kinda had that grumpy growl, but never hissed or swatted or tried to bite at all (it was like her growl and purr functions were swapped or something). According to my friend, I was maybe the second person that cat had ever been that affectionate with, outside her - she HATED everyone else for some reason, but was super chill with me. :3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

Black cat belly detected

When you try to rub dat belly do you get sucked in like a black hole instead of clawed to death? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

No cats of my own but couldn't resist finding this old gem...

Apple Jax posted:

My cat Emilio.

...who eventually turned into the Business Cat meme :3: