Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Sam is my bear-cat. He LOVES FEET. If you are sitting he will rub all over your feet. It is weird. He's the friendliest derpy cat ever.

He was at a rescue with a bunch of other kitties and he was the chillest dude there. The rescue lady said he'd been there for over a year, because he was really scared when he was tiny and cute, so he hid in the back. By the time he grew out of it, he was too old to get any attention.

I love him (but I tell him no one loves him, I am so mean.)

Sam has the prettiest green eyes. Most black cats I've seen have yellow ones, it really made him stand out. The hair on the insides of his ears is white but he doesn't have a white patch.

Here he is with his fluffy partner Max. (also to show off how huge he is.) Sam is technically her cat, since I picked him up specifically to give her a friend. He is twice her size and she still beats him up, I have no idea. My favorite thing about him is probably his broken meower. His voice is really high pitched and squeaky, and he is a big talker. Guests think it's hilarious.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I don't have any good pictures of him on it (or of how absolutely coated it is with his and Heisenberg's hair), but I do have a prime picture showcasing just how destructive he can be with the things he loves.

Oh god, yes. That picture was from the first week or two we owned the cat tree. It isn't beige anymore. :gonk:

I think the dangly ball lasted 15 minutes. Sam doesn't really swat at things on strings, he grabs the string and gnaws it in half right away. And then attempts to eat the string, because he's suicidal. So yeah, strings are a supervised time only toy.

That picture of Arthur in the box is one of my favorite PI pics. It's just so derpy.

Story of a chillax black cat: We moved cross country from AZ to NC with Max (the brown/white fluffball.) Rescued Sam in NC, and moved back to AZ the next year. Max needs tranquilizers or she flat out will not ride in a car without meowing nonstop. I gave them to Sam on the first night but he doesn't like treats as much so it's hard to pill him since he won't eat a sneaky pill treat. So I left off the second day and Sam just sat in his carrier and looked out the window for the next 1700 miles, chill as hell, while his poor buddy was stoned out of her mind. (If you want to see the DERPIEST cat, get a pic while they're sleepy from tranqulizers.)

mistaya fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 5, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Sheepskin is almost as soft as a cat for resting your feet on. Almost. But it doesn't purr.

(Sam in a rare non-blob moment.)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Sam is like a younger version of Darkly right down to the white belly poof.

I woke up to this yesterday and had to document it.

DIGNIFIED.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

That is one magnificent tail poof.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Sam was being extra cute today.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Christmas sweaters were 90% off at CVS and I figured Sam was overdue for some torture. He wore it like a handsome little champ for about five minutes!

And a bonus "pretending to be a tribble on my jacket".

mistaya fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 20, 2018

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Sam wants you to know that feet make the best pillows.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

SixPabst posted:

After about 45 minutes I really start to freak out and start to assume I lost this cat the first day.

The day we brought Sam home we had just moved into a new place and he vanished. I thought he'd got out of the house since a mattress had been delivered that day and the door was left open for a few minutes and I couldn't find him anywhere. I put up lost cat flyers and thought I was in fact the worst pet owner ever and was a sobbing mess. The next day I called my mom to tell her and I said this: "Mom I think I'm going crazy I swear I can hear meowing coming from inside the walls."

And then I realized I could, in fact, hear meowing coming from inside the walls. He'd gotten into a hole underneath one of the kitchen cupboards and we had to actually break the baseboard to get him out again.

It was a rough start but he's been my little (big) buddy for ten years now. :shobon:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

:eng101: Technically, cow-cats are just black cats with a genetic mutation that prevented the pigment-causing cells from spreading properly in the womb. Even genetically identical cats can have different patching! What I'm saying is they count and we love them and want to know if those bellies are traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Clyde's tail is majestic.

Sam, doing his best to not photo well:

SQUIRRELS, featuring roommate Max:

Watching The Miracle of Birth:

This one was hilarious. He cuddled the monitor (he has never ever done this before or since) and was calling to the mama cat whenever she made unhappy noises.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 19, 2019