Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
What's the policy of cats that are half-black? Both of mine are tuxedo variations that also have a hard time being adopted because black/white cats are "boring".

Can this thread be for tuxedo kitties too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

marshmallard posted:

Black and white cats totally count, the shelter said they have trouble rehoming them too (although all-black cats are the hardest).

Tuxedo away!

:neckbeard:

Some of these are repeats but my phone's camera is pretty terrible so getting new ones is an exercise in frustration.

This is Hoke and Miss Daisy. They aren't siblings but you definitely couldn't tell that. They are such an adorable kitty couple. Daisy is the cap and cape patterned one, and Hoke is the tuxedo.

Food?

I got Daisy when she was an older kitten shortly after moving into my apartment, she was brought in with a litter of kittens and she was there long after her littermates had been adopted out (the lady at the shelter said it was because she was the only black/white kitten of the litter -- I don't know if that's possible with kitty genetics but it sounded plausible to me); she reached her paw out of the cage towards me and emitted the most pathetic squeak. She was scrawny, and turned out to have a nasty sinus infection and wound up costing me about a hundred additional dollars in vet bills, but it was love at first sight.

On her way home from the shelter to her "forever home".

Daisy is definitely a cat's cat. She lays around all day, likes to be held on her terms, and gets into mischief when you aren't looking. Since I've had her, she has broken 3 glasses, destroyed 8 pairs of headphones, and knocks change off any surface like its her job. She also has an affinity for laying on clean clothes:

What? You were ironing this anyways...

Between taking 15 credits of classes and working part time I felt bad for Daisy, I was gone all day and she was so needy when I got home, and as it usually goes with cats, once you get one...

I saw Hoke at a local Petsmart when I was buying litter and something about him caught my eyes -- or the fact he was talking to me through the glass. I knew he was going be a handfull since he was only 4 months old and was already about the same size as Daisy and his note from the shelter simply said "vocal".

He was this cute for approximately 5 minutes.

And boy was he vocal. He is the loudest cat I have ever encountered and that includes siamese. He just talks... and is very insistant about... everything. He's also a big lovey oaf who is almost as needy as a dog. Despite this almost neurotic need for attention he is one of the chillest cats ever. He tolerates being held by strangers, going over to friend's apartments and will behave on a leash, but he still makes his displeasure known.

Can we go back in now?

Did I mention he loves attention? His "spot" whenever I'm sitting on the couch is right next to me. My boyfriend knows he can never sit to the right of me because that's Hoke's spot.

Lookit dem white whiskers!

I think both of my cats are the most beautiful cats ever, I cannot even fathom why tuxedo patterns don't get adopted, its such a shame.

Soon.

I mean look at how well these two get along!

D'aww

...most of the time

Say uncle!

...mmmfff UNCLE!

Bonus videos!

Daisy begging -- she has the strangest meow...
http://youtu.be/jZXl3jLEqtA

Hoke playing fetch (god I am so congested in this video):
http://youtu.be/ktkvHjEw-14

Daisy kneading:
http://youtu.be/0bXJrU-Ucf4

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 27, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Tuxedo cats, best cats.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Temple Gradin had a cool passage about black cats in one of her books that my local shelter would copy and tape to cages with their black kittens/cats. Something about how black cats are more social...

Fake edit -- found it:
http://books.google.com/books?id=yXazZCCj9QYC&lpg=PA77&ots=FHlFu9eupr&dq=temple%20grandin%20black%20cats&pg=PA77#v=onepage&q&f=true

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Robo Kitty posted:

Temple Gradin is cat racist against tortoiseshells. :colbert:

This thread is about black/bicolor cats, take your mutant talk elsewhere <:mad:>

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Elotana posted:

Crosspost from the YOSPOS thread: this is a comparison of what Thaddeus looked like when I adopted him two months ago and what he looks like today. He was dangerously underweight (<4 pounds), had a really bad respiratory infection, and was generally raggedy and sickly. I wouldn't have liked his chances staying in the shelter. After two trips to the vet and switching from Science Diet kibble to Weruva and Tiki Cat (sprinkled with megadoses of lysine for a few weeks) he's a lot fuller and fluffier.

September

November

Wow! What a turnaround!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

This thread needs more bicolor cats.

What's the old joke? Something about cats somehow being able to have their anus at eye level despite being a foot tall?

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 12, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

For the price of one can of wet food per day, you can stop this cat from annoying you until you feed him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Have a Hoke he's mostly black :ohdear: