Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I love black cats. I miss mine so very much :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I had to put my cat of 13 years down this february and life has sucked a bit since then.

But maybe the time is ready for having cats again. We're considering bringing these two guys home. My moms neighbor had some kittens we wanted to see too, but these two are fit all the spots. Both boys (seem to be more laid back, at least once they are fixed), I want a black cat and my so wants a whatever-you-call-that-pattern-in-english cat. And litter mates who enjoy each others company.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Home since sunday and adapting well. Very social and friendly, not afraid of the kids either.

In the right light one can see the black one actually has a similar pattern to his brother.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Black cat came home last night smelling heavily of perfume (actually more like deodorant). I wonder were he has been (he wasn't missing btw) and who of our neighbors so completely slathers themselves in deodorant or aftershave.

Oh yeah and the night before our neighbor knocked on the porch door holding the other cat, asked if we could keep him inside the rest of the evening because he was jumping up on the tables and into guests laps. It was fine that he was hanging around but when he started jumping on tables they thought best to send him on home.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Finally a good picture, black cats are hard to photograph:

Most of them come out like this

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Got a photo of him with his brother this weekend, the sun helps

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Everytime I get a good photo of him I feel I must post it as many places as possible.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Yeah he's got a really glossy and soft coat. His tabby brother has completely different coat. I wonder if they got different fathers, they both got traces of something I'm not used to seeing in "ordinary" cats. Traces of big cat, vet said maybe oriental cat?

It's more strongly pronounced in the tabby's facial features, he's got a real ridge for a nose when seen in profile, reminds you of a big cat, it's like a smooth curve from his head down to his nose. The black one has it too but less pronounced. Kinda regal looking. And they let the kids handle them any old how and just look like they don't care.

Both are loud too, talk often, always want be around you. I'm really curious what kinda ancestry these cats got, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I dropped my kids of at pre-school this morning and it's a chilly -7C, as I get out of the car a black cat comes walking up and is real friendly, even allows me to pick him up, and he tries to get into the car even. Poor thing I wonder if he was cold, given how sociable he was I doubt he was a stray, probably lives in some of the houses around the school (kinda rural place, there are houses all around the place).

I'm not sure if there's anything I could do for the little guy (assuming, might be a she), though to occurred to me to bring some food, I just hope he has a home nearby.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Pollyanna posted:

This is how my own cat was rescued. Out of sympathy, please please please bring then to a shelter if you see them again and start pawing at you for help. Black cats are adorable and loving and they deserve the help. If not for me, then for Jet.

Look how happy he is :unsmith:

I looked around last night and this morning but it wasn't around anywhere. But on the positive side, most likely it belongs to someone in one of the houses around the school and is back home now.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Update on black school cat:

I found out who the cat belongs to. I asked around about the cat and the teachers say the cat is often there, he's kinda like the school cat, but he is owned by a family who used to live nearby, they moved a few kilometers away and the cat keeps going back to the school anyway. I posted on the local FB group asking about the cat I spotted at the school and the craziest thing is that it's my own drat cousins cat, 12 years old too, or at least that is how long he has been a regular feature at the school :o So he has a home and he is back home basically every day, but he likes to get about apparently and wants to be around people.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 8, 2019

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Rip cats of all colors.

Black one is getting fat looking, but they both weigh the same, 5kg.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Putting up some christmas lights (doesn't show well because it's noon, doesn't get dark until 1400 or so)

Cats where around enjoying the snow

edit, now with video
https://i.imgur.com/H35sg3o.mp4

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 1, 2019

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Here's the last photo of my black cat:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Here he is looking more formal, mid pet:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Black cat next to a bag of coals:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I guess it's nice when it's getting colder outside to be able to squeeze into a strawberry and share the body heat.

Black one (Sooty) is now over 6kg and the tabby (Oscar) isn't far behind.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Easy to spot in winter

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Sooty (also call him samuel) looking very relaxed.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Thanks for digging a path to the bird feeder human.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I think it must be pretty nice this time of year, it's cold outside (regulary drops below freezing still) but the sun shines warmly, must be extra nice with black fur.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

My cat thinks he's a birb

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Here's a pro at lying on his back

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

https://i.imgur.com/nVZmgG7.mp4

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Chilling in the hammock, in my experiences cats don't take to hammocks, but this one does

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

He was just laying on that rock watching me while I was working:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

This guy.. This cat brought in a live mice last night to play with, and it escaped.

It scared the kids several times during the evening, the cats chased it but it escaped several times. I thought I got it locked in the bathroom and put in traps, but it escaped during the night. However one of the cats had finally gotten it sometime during and it lay dead in the morning, finally. It's one of these mice that cat's like to kill but not eat. Googling says it's a shrew.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

This is some apalling behaviour, I tell you what.
https://i.imgur.com/JesboOB.mp4

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Two cats one lap. They're getting a bit large for this (6kg each) but they still want to.

https://i.imgur.com/GGDPrHW.mp4

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

They got a cat tree, they like it!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

A panther and a tiger from the same litter too!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Countdown to arm chewing... 3 2 1...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000