Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Talbot. I got him from a feral rescue group about two years ago (he's almost four now) and he is the most loving, sweetest cat I've ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Lynxi posted:

Here's my tux, Bella Rose:

Her owner was moving and couldn't keep her. She wasn't finding a home and was debating between giving her up to the SPCA or putting her down (to spare Bella from the stress.) She's bonded to me and is a great cat. She was 20lbs when I got her and now she's 15lbs.
I honestly had no idea that black cats and tuxedo cats had a hard time being adopted. :( I'll definitely keep it in mind if I ever move to my own place.

That is not a real cat. That is a stuffed animal or maybe a vaguely cat-shaped novelty pillow.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Talbot making sure it's not lunchtime yet. (A cat has to know these things...)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I absolutely adore my black cat and I am so glad that others realize just how sweet they are in general. My orange tabby was full of psychosis and raw hate. My black kitty just wants love and food and naps.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

mistaya posted:

Sam is my bear-cat. He LOVES FEET. If you are sitting he will rub all over your feet. It is weird. He's the friendliest derpy cat ever.

He was at a rescue with a bunch of other kitties and he was the chillest dude there. The rescue lady said he'd been there for over a year, because he was really scared when he was tiny and cute, so he hid in the back. By the time he grew out of it, he was too old to get any attention.

I love him (but I tell him no one loves him, I am so mean.)

Sam has the prettiest green eyes. Most black cats I've seen have yellow ones, it really made him stand out. The hair on the insides of his ears is white but he doesn't have a white patch.
My favorite thing about him is probably his broken meower. His voice is really high pitched and squeaky, and he is a big talker. Guests think it's hilarious.

My black kitty, Talbot, squeaks as well. He has given maybe four real meows that I've heard ever. So cute :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Those last two posts must be stuffed toys. No real cats could look like that.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Love that mongo white whisker :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wildebeest posted:

Here is her as a young African American:

That is the poster kitty for :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Percy has the perfect derpy :catstare:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
My death beast, Talbot, is a British Bombay and he is overly affectionate and lives to snuggle. Black cats are the best cats. :radcat:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
"I have seen...things you can not comprehend. Been places...you will never know and still I survive..."

:catstare:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Shifty Pony posted:

Sadie disproved of my prolonged absence from the apartment today so I got a great grump face when I came back,

Can't get no respect can you girl?

Who stole the kitty's paws?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Canadian Bakin posted:

I'm watching this little guy (dubbed Remy) until I can drop him off with Alley Cats Rescue tomorrow. I am finding that I must constantly remind myself that as adorable as he is, I can not keep him.

You're far too cute for your own good, Remy.

Yes you can and must keep him and poke those little paws :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I see that pose a lot. Talbot loves to help me work on spreadsheets and and insists on talking to clients or at least purring into my microphone.

"Humbug Scoolbus, is someone running a vacuum in your office?"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That shot is "Mine." in feline form.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Roast Beef is such an awesome cat name too :(

Talbot and I are very sorry...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Talbot was a feral, and when he was recovered from a year or so on the streets he had a taurine deficiency so his eyesight is awful, and horrible skin mites which caused him to lose all his fur for about six months. When he was finally healed up, he was shy and hid in the back of the adoption cages for a year until I met him.

I was looking for an 'unadoptable cat', one that people weren't interested in but needed a good home,and he went home with me :3:

He is the sweetest, most affectionate kitty I've ever had and I love him to bits.

(his mug shot is earlier in the thread)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Pollyanna posted:

Seriously considering adopting a black cat. I met a young-ish black male named Shopper who seemed new to the shelter, and was a little freaked out - but he also was fairly cool with being petted and as far as the volunteers knew he was fine with being picked up when he's calm. There was another younger female named Spooky there, but she was hiding in the shadows behind the cat tree. True to her name :unsmith:

I've heard black cats are generally really chill and affectionate, is this true?

Woah wait what.

Mine is super affectionate to the point of running to the door when I get home to tell me (i.e. squeak like a berserk bird) about his day and want to be petted. He sticks close to me for a couple of hours until he's sure I'm not going to leave again before he'll go back to napping.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
My lump is an American Bombay. You will know them by the insane amount of fur a shorthair cat produces like magic.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Mine does.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Talbot in his helping me with my work pose on my desk. Note the sabertooth. He is either a vampire or a smilodon throwback.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Of course he's sleepy...he's a cat.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I'd like you to meet my best bud Leo. Pictured here with my fiance's best bud Crush, to the right.

He's half-persian, half some tiny shorthair. We adopted him from an aspiring backyard breeder/idiot friend of a friend of a friend who we found out was planning on setting him loose in the woods after she couldn't get anyone to buy him.

He sports a luxurious long, soft coat and almost never sheds.

His hobbies include: belly rubs, killing bugs, and waiting in ambush. His bright orange eyes are often the only thing you can see before he strikes. After he jumps out of hiding he wanders around confused before flopping on the ground to get belly rubs.

When he's had enough belly rubs, he gently signals by wrapping his paws around my hand and slowly pushing it away from his belly with his back feet.

Yeah he's a Bombay like my idiot.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Bombays are lovely, sweet, affectionate cats with brains made of the finest lead and bricks.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

He's part Fruit Bat right?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Such weapon grade cuteness :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
:supaburn: Run! A ferocious killer is on the prowl!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That dust bunny is staring at me. :stonk:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Eskaton posted:

Not sure if this should be cross posted to TFR.

The Tacticats (and tactidogs, and tactiquails...) thread...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3440138

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Vet Visit Day!...and Talbot finds sanctuary in the exam room sink.

BONUS:
I get home and take off my shoes every day and somebody is demanding a toe to belly skritch...every day.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

GenericGirlName posted:

Oh ho ho. No. He polydactly. and dey r huge.

Excellent name for an excellent cat.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
She is correct.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Talbot will continue to look smug and adorable while being appreciated...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Hi Boo! Such a pretty kitty.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I just lost my black fuzzy buddy of the last 14 years. He was excellent, and I miss him terribly.

Fortunately, the Bay Area has some excellent shelters, and I am certain that there is another fantastic black kitten that needs a forever home just waiting for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

ILL Machina posted:

Dawww rip little dude. What was his name?

Talbot. Best cat I've ever had, in almost sixty years of being cat staff.