Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theturbulentone
Aug 24, 2008
This is George.

He's 10 weeks old, mother was a stray who abandoned a litter of 6 (3 black males, 1 black female, 2 tabbies on of each gender) and so the litter was hand reared. When we went to pick him up, the two girls were gone, but the woman was having real problems adopting out the black males.

He's incredibly sweet and gentle, really affectionate. He likes to be curled up asleep within arms reach of a human, preferably on a lap so he can get regular petting. We only adopted him yesterday, but he settled in immediately, and purrs and kneads pretty much constantly, even in his sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theturbulentone
Aug 24, 2008

Kerfuffle posted:

Go pick up those other two you know you want to~ :3:

I really do! I tried to persuade the husband but he wasn't sold on the idea of a whole brood of mewling panthers, cause he has no heart or soul obviously.

theturbulentone
Aug 24, 2008
I think I might be addicted to black cats.

Meet Louis, named after the French kings, and the newest member of the family.

My mother-in-law found three 6 week old kittens locked in a shed, the tortie and tabby girls were taken home by a family friend, and we got Louis! He was checked out by the vet and is 100 in good health, and he is eating solids, and even uses the litter tray just fine.

His coat is kind of unusual, he's like a black tabby, the stripes are very dark grey and his fur closest to his skin is a dark smokey grey colour, I hope it isn't just a kitten thing and he keep the markings.

Louis's favourite thing to do is lick earlobes. He will claw his way up my body just to get some of that delicious earlobe. Not sure why, maybe it's something to do with being separated from his mother too early?

I'm ridiculously excited to find out what colour his eyes will be, they'll be changing in a week or so, I think?

You can just about make out his striping on his little pot belly in this picture.

I might have a mild obsession with kitten feet.

Bonus pic of Louis and George being sleepy friends. George is now 4 months old, and looks absolutely enormous next to Louis. They play fight and George likes to clean Louis's ears, and it only took 2 days for them to be best chums, there's still a little bit of grumbling when it comes to food, and some toys, but George is learning to share the toys, and we separated the food dishes to combat the food aggression.