Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
My two, Tomoki and Hikaru (aka Queen Meanie Puss and Fatty Boomsticks). Most of these have been posted before cos I don't have a camera of my own.
Tomoki and Hikaru as babies. Hikki was the runt of the litter:

Another baby shot. Hikki seemed smart and alert at the time (which was misleading):

As teenagers:

Tomoki as a naughty teenager:

Hikaru as an adult:

Bonus shut of Hikki bonding with my partner by passing out together in the spare room after an earthquake:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Stairs posted:

Two black kitties at my house!

This is Piper, she looks cute now, but she's actually a cunning and manipulative adorable bitch. She adores being spanked and talks back if you speak to her. Her hobbies include laying on my best friend's bed and hating all the other cats in the house, but not enough to do anything but glare at them.

Yay! another evil bitch black cat. I feel less bad about mine now.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Temple Gradin had a cool passage about black cats in one of her books that my local shelter would copy and tape to cages with their black kittens/cats. Something about how black cats are more social...

Fake edit -- found it:
http://books.google.com/books?id=yXazZCCj9QYC&lpg=PA77&ots=FHlFu9eupr&dq=temple%20grandin%20black%20cats&pg=PA77#v=onepage&q&f=true

I read that.
My cats didn't.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Serella posted:

Jealous of everyone in this thread. Wish I had a black cat. I wear a lot of dark pants for work.
The inner end of black fur is usually white. Out of spite.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Ashamed of her bald spot. (something something shaved pussy)

Is that surgically shaved or does she overgroom herself?

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Absolute Evil posted:

Jinx had an over-grooming problem for the longest time. My boyfriends cat (he named her Sweetie, I called her Helga as she was anything but sweet) loathed him and while generally a bitch anyway, she was horrible (complete with bullying and ninja-style attacks all the time) to him until she passed away. While he remains the most nervous neurotic cat I've ever met, he now has plenty of soft black fur covering his fat rolls!

I feel like a Bad Parent because of my Tomoki's overgrooming. Although part of it is because she's so small that there's a lot less of her to lick fur off, so the bald spot covers proportionately more cat. It does stand out embarrassingly on black cats, though.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
It's recommended that you get it vet checked in case it's fleas or skin allergies, but if it's not a skin irritation issue it's basically a form of OCD (and the underbelly is usually the place it shows up first if it's psychogenic). Licking releases endorphins, so they do it to feel better in a stressful situation, then it turns into a habit that may continue after the stress has gone. With my cat, it started after a serious of major earthquakes that caused a lot of cats to change their territory etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Nione posted:

I wonder if it's more common in black cats for some reason since there seem to be so many of them in this thread.
The only cats I've ever known with it have been black, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.