Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Cash by jhunter!, on Flickr

Cash (like Johnny Cash).

I was at the shelter and there were a couple cast I liked. My friend told me that black cats don't get adopted often so then my mind was made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

I found an old crappy cell phone picture I took of my Cash like 2 days after I got him from the shelter

He's more ok with me using the computer instead of petting him now.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Ratzap posted:

My mother runs a cat rescue (up here in Scotland) and has noticed the same thing. There are currently 4 pure blacks waiting on homes, them being very timid tamed ferals doesn't help - try getting someone to take a cat that is underneath a sofa.

Some people ring up with the weirdest requirements too, like they expect to be able to order something off the shelf. Like they won't take anything older than X weeks, must be female (but it's going to be neutered so why?), must be a grey tabby. We had one insane woman who insisted it must also have pink paw pads... I don't know how my mother stays so calm talking to them, makes me grind my teeth and want to scream "character is all you moron, the cat's colour is irrelevant".

One of the 4 waiting at the moment I'd take if my current two weren't old and set in their ways. He's a gorgeous big black lad we've called panther. Oddly enough no-one wants the grey girl either /shrug no pleasing folk it seems.

Maybe they have a name they really like and it only works for a certain color/gender? Maybe the ultra specific stuff like pink paw pads is someone trying to buy an exact duplicate of cat they used to have?

Regardless, both times I went to the shelter to adopt a cat (I have two) I really wanted an orange tabby for some reason, but ended up with a brown tabby and a pure black cat. I just ended up liking their personalities.