Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
My mother runs a cat rescue (up here in Scotland) and has noticed the same thing. There are currently 4 pure blacks waiting on homes, them being very timid tamed ferals doesn't help - try getting someone to take a cat that is underneath a sofa.

Some people ring up with the weirdest requirements too, like they expect to be able to order something off the shelf. Like they won't take anything older than X weeks, must be female (but it's going to be neutered so why?), must be a grey tabby. We had one insane woman who insisted it must also have pink paw pads... I don't know how my mother stays so calm talking to them, makes me grind my teeth and want to scream "character is all you moron, the cat's colour is irrelevant".

One of the 4 waiting at the moment I'd take if my current two weren't old and set in their ways. He's a gorgeous big black lad we've called panther. Oddly enough no-one wants the grey girl either /shrug no pleasing folk it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I'll take a photos over the weekend when I'm down at my mothers. She has 3 new all black kittens (about 5 weeks), panther, rosa, rita and lotus (all black). Oh and Perry out in the pens (he does not play nice with other cats). Well, I will if I can get them to pose...

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
From last weekend, I didn't get them all but managed to snap most of them.

Rita and Rosa, sisters from a litter that came in from a back garden. Both pretty timid but Rita will let people stroke her. They both have faint stripes like a dark grey on black tabby, odd markings.

Panther. Lovely big lad, he came in with 5 others from the Isle of Uist about a year ago. Very easily spooked but he's an affectionate cat once he knows you. He has a white spot on his chest and a white patch on his belly 8)

Perry. Rough dirty old man from up round Leadhills. He no longer stinks since he's neutered but being stray for presumably most of his 10+ years has left him a habitual fighter. That's why he's out in one of the pens while we look for a home for him.

Those are the long term fosters that are in at the moment.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
This is Marley, he was up for homing for ages then my mother decided to stop putting up ads for him and took him over. He spends a lot of time outdoors hunting rabbits, a hangover from his time up Elvanfoot way as a stray (almost 2 years through some nasty winters before someone took pity and rang in). He's been abused at some point like most strays, he's very wary but coming round now after 3 years of continued 'nothing bad happening'

This is Lotus (warning, sad story). She was shot 4 times with an airgun aged 1, her owners got the wounds patched up but left the slugs in (her front left leg is paralysed) and worse, they didn't get her spayed. So she had 3 litters of kittens with a bad leg and she's a dinky little cat too, barely 3kg. She was handed in as her owners were having another child and didn't want more kittens appearing...
First off she was spayed, no more pumping out kittens. Plus while she was out they removed 3 of the pellets, 1 was pressing on a nerve and had to stay put. Initially she was up for homing but no-one was interested and we decided to keep her where we knew she'd be safe. Now 4 years on she's finally getting over all the trauma, she runs around playing with toys, she can climb trees and she's regained some use of her leg. She has a disconcerting habit of licking you when you stroke her and has trouble grooming fully (so she has to be brushed) but she's a sweet little cat.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Kerfuffle posted:

What a little sweetie cat, poor thing. She's in similar size and facial porportions to my own cat. Same too-long back claws too. :3: I hope someone comes along and gives her a good home.

Those two are both my mothers now, she's not trying to home them any more. Basically anything that takes more than a year to home and fits in with the rest ends up moving to the permanent side of the register ;)

Her claws grow out because she splays her legs a bit to balance while running so they don't get worn like they should. Holding her to clip them a couple of times a year is not fun, she wriggles like crazy :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

JimmydaFish posted:

Wow, that is a very cool looking cat. I've never seen one with such a coat pattern.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I did a double take thinking it was paint or fungus or something. Never seen a coat like that before, well nifty.