Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I have two black kittens I adopted a few months ago. They are bros.

Blaine has staked out the bed as his territory. He is an expert at stealing warm spots the second I get up to get some water. Purrs at everything from petting to nail trimming.

Thaddeus prefers the cat tree. He is smaller, fluffier, and more standoffish, except during the mornings when he wakes me up at 6am even if he still has dry food left over.

They're p awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Crosspost from the YOSPOS thread: this is a comparison of what Thaddeus looked like when I adopted him two months ago and what he looks like today. He was dangerously underweight (<4 pounds), had a really bad respiratory infection, and was generally raggedy and sickly. I wouldn't have liked his chances staying in the shelter. After two trips to the vet and switching from Science Diet kibble to Weruva and Tiki Cat (sprinkled with megadoses of lysine for a few weeks) he's a lot fuller and fluffier.

September

November

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

blaine was not happy with his new rabies tag and woke me up to register his complaints

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

When it gets cold outside they fuse into one two-headed black cat :pwn:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

hey blaine how do you feel about chin scratches

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

The only trick to photographing black cats is a shitload of light.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Trin Tragula posted:

How do you tell them apart? I know three quarters of this thread is just dying to ask (once it got over the inevitable "wait wait who stole my cat and took a picture of it in a strange house?" reaction that comes along every time someone posts something new), so I'll do that for all of us.
Color-coded collars :haw:

Also usually there will be slight differences in coloring. One of mine has a smoky ruff and a white spot on his belly and looks much more brown in the sun.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Abbeh posted:

black cats make good vampire cats

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Can cats get an equivalent of measles or chicken pox? It almost looks like a freakish fever coat.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Thaddeus, your fluff is getting out of control.

They're really not as fat as they look, Blaine is quite svelte, its just an unflattering angle.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Some rare well-lit pics of my boys

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

It's not a white pattern, he's a smoke cat. When his fur bunches up in light it turns white :)

(The spot on his crotch is white though)

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Got a new leather couch and Thaddeus decided to stake his claim. He hasn't moved from this arm for 24 hours except to eat and have a brief wrestle with his brother.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

BOXES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

I'm taking a four-day vacation and boarded my cats. Apparently the boarding service comes with complimentary glamour shots