Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainbow Unicorn
Aug 4, 2004

Oh god I am so excited, I am going to roll onto this thread and vomit my excitement.

I just recently moved literally across the country, from California to Illinois (3 day drive in a UHaul with my kitty, who behaved like a loving champion, thank goodness) to a new place with rules about pet ownership that aren't awful. My last place, I paid an extra $500 deposit on top of $20 more per month for my one cat, and then to get a second cat, they wanted to charge me another $500 (so $1500 deposit total) and another $20/month which I just couldn't swing at the time. Well I got a fantastic new job and I love my new place and they totally let you get two cats here on the same pet deposit and no pet rent!

So I've been looking around for options thinking I'd just casually see what's around here, well, I'm sure you all know, don't actually go looking at your options until you're definitely ready to adopt because once you see the cat you want you will not be able to force yourself to wait another few weeks or whatever. :3:

This is Boo! http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20791961

I have an appointment to meet him tomorrow, the wonderful lady who is fostering him is going to bring him to the local pet place so I can meet him and hopefully fill out an application. He's 4 years old and originally from a home with many other cats, and my cat has always gotten along well with other animals of all sorts, so I'm not anticipating too many introduction problems. I have a big bathroom downstairs I can use for new cat quarantine for a bit as well.

I know he isn't mine yet but ahhhhh I've wanted a second cat for so long and I feel like this is the first real step into my new life even though I've already been out here for a month and kdfjlasdf wordvomit here.

Here is a bonus picture of my parents' black cat that we found under a dumpster 13 years ago and summarily took home with us (and who I miss terribly), Clyde:

And though my current cat is not a black cat I am going to post her too because I want to. Her name is Celeste, and hopefully soon I will have pictures of her and Boo together :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Unicorn
Aug 4, 2004

Cat adoption has been successful so far :)

Rainbow Unicorn
Aug 4, 2004

He demands belly rubs.