Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chasie
Nov 17, 2004

Don't stop believin'
Once upon a time a friend was looking for a cat, and we went over to a foster home. The place was crawling with likable kitties and this black one came up, sat in my lap, and started purring. His name was Jamakee, which I was told was Swahili for "loved by all," (who knows, really) but the name was wrong because this cat loves everybody. I was told his previous owner had died.

I managed to walk away that day but about three or four weeks later we saw him again at a pet store adoption. He was priced to move (he was on clearance) so I took him home. He went and hid in my basement's rafters for a few hours but ever since I talked him down he's been nonstop love.

He's bonded with my big calico, is very object-oriented (he has a number of stuffed animals he's always carrying around the house and moving) and is always messing with the youngster (even though he's going to be ten years old next year) and he's a joy to have around. I've had him six years now and hope to have him at least ten more. Also I more or less kept the name, but he's Jammie, mostly.

Here he is, checking out a newcomer. He looks like any other black cat. I would take a whole houseful of black cats without hesitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasie
Nov 17, 2004

Don't stop believin'

VoodooSchmoodoo posted:

I don't know what it is about this picture - perspective? - but he looks like a black bear in this photo!

edit: beaten!

Chasie
Nov 17, 2004

Don't stop believin'

I know, I posted about my black cat ages ago. But he's so handsome I had to give it another go to counter all these tuxedo pretenders.

Chasie
Nov 17, 2004

Don't stop believin'

Shifty Pony posted:

Sadie disproved of my prolonged absence from the apartment today so I got a great grump face when I came back,

Can't get no respect can you girl?

1. I have a cat named Sadie
2. She's not utterly gorgeous like your girl. My goodness.

Chasie
Nov 17, 2004

Don't stop believin'
My black cat is turning into a couch potato. I catch him watching television in the living room.

If the computer is on, he's in between me and the keyboard, but conference calls bore him, luckily (he dozed off by the end of this one). Just gotta be there.

He finds bird feeder videos very interesting, too.