Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry
My family decided to adopt a sweet and affectionate cat and we didn't care what breed it was. When we got to the cat room in the animal shelter, a 5-month-old black kitten started reaching through the cage bars at us and meowing and rubbing his face against our hands. He also purred really loudly when he got picked up. The shelter named him "Snuggles."

We were totally sucked in by him.

This is Atticus, or Attycatty:

This is the best picture I could get of him because he never stays still. He was exploring my Dad's apartment at the time.

He's having a quiet moment with our older Persian, Blanca. Most of the time he's tearing around and trying to play wrestle with her (which she is SO not into). He's an rear end in a top hat Kitten(TM).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry
Atticus has learned a, um, new "trick." He followed my father into the bathroom, watched him, er, use the facilities, and then proceeded to do the same thing in the bathtub. :catstare:

I am not yet sure whether to be impressed that he made the connection that "bathroom = poo place" or to think that he's being a, well, kitten. My family had a good laugh over the idea that he's trying to imitate us though.

Atticus has also learned to blackmail. He lies in front of the fridge door and won't let you open or close it until you've bribed him with Temptations.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

marshmallard posted:

Congratulations, you are officially certified Not A Cat Racist. I think there should be some sort of collectable badge or something for everyone with more than one race of cat.

I qualify, I've got a white one and a tabby.

The personality difference between my graceful, calm and quiet White Persian and my noisy, hyperactive and clumsy Black Domestic Shorthair is incredible. Their size difference is stunning too, Blanca is tiny (especially with a lion cut) and Atticus is already twice her size and he's still a teenage kitten.

I recommend multiracial cat households for everyone.