Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

digitalscribbles posted:

This is Kisa...she is sick at the moment but still weird as always. When people see her weird pics, they always compare her to this character from some dragon movie. I've not seen the movie...but I do see the resemblance, lol

The dragon in How to Train Your Dragon is absurdly cute. It has some dog-like traits because the filmmakers loved dogs, but is also very catlike because the lead animator had just gotten a kitty when he started working on the movie. Here is a brief Washington Post article.

I love black and tuxedo cats. They are all sleek looking and makes the inevitable cat goofiness just that much more adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

My friends have two black cats. Meet Trot and Deneb:

Trot (the fluffy male) has had all of his teeth removed. Toothless gummy meows are the cutest thing ever. He is not a fan of men (except his owner) for some unknown reason and the best they can figure is he associates them with all the vet work (they've had him since rescuing him as a kitten). Occasionally I will get to pet him because he doesn't realize it is me petting him. This is followed by a glance, a wide-eyed look of "oh, poo poo! You!", and him bolting.

Deneb is much friendlier and can actually be quite a pest when she wants attention and you are working on the computer. She will jump up into your arms sometimes but is dead silent about it so you will suddenly have a black blob with two glowing eyes launching itself at your face. Oh, and a single white whisker for whatever reason.

I had a tuxedo cat growing up. He was the best cat ever and got along great with the dogs. He would even sleep on top of them.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Elotana posted:

The only trick to photographing black cats is a shitload of light.

Off axis light of any type is your friend because it picks up the curves and sheen in the coat. The flash on a point and shoot is worse than useless because it will flatten everything out. You can try bouncing the flash off of the ceiling or wall with reflectors if you want to try and get fancy, but a strong light source from the front/side with the flash off will be best.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Doh, wrong thread. Still... meet my new tuxedo kitty!

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 6, 2012

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sadie disproved of my prolonged absence from the apartment today so I got a great grump face when I came back,

Can't get no respect can you girl?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Who stole the kitty's paws?

Sadie is a new bread of cat-slug.

Her fuzz hides the paws well but she actually has her paws crossed in front of her, like this: :colbert:. She has adorable little white toe socks that you can kinda see.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sadie photo dump!

She is awful at hiding.

Normally she isn't interested in boxes or clothes baskets (without clothes in them to fur). Dunno why she decided to give it a shot.

Get. That. Off. Me.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

superkittenhugs posted:

Hate to break it to you Shifty Pony, but Sadie will one day be mine. You can have visitation once a month.

Oh no! Quickly Sadie, hide in your special hidden place!

Um.. try again

:doh:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sadie really likes it as well. She "hides" behind it while watching the squirrel and birds outside:

Then flops in it for some relaxing:

And finally uses it to creep me out by watching me in the bedroom like this:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Saint Darwin posted:

My cat walks in circles meowing directly at me, and then gets all claws and sad meows if you pick her up. I may have a defective cat.

Sadie does the exact same thing. She turns into a wiggling unhappy kitty with indiscriminate clawing if you even move to try and put her onto your lap even though she very much wants attention. Yet the instant she escapes your grasp the tail goes right back to being a question mark and she is meowing and rubbing again.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Pollyanna posted:

How the hell do you take videos of black cats that don't look like rear end?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTs_q2rWWlI

Dawww thumbs!

As much light as possible, then some more (sunlight is ideal). Preferably at an angle to the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHbuwVQN5E&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

That is a dangerously high number of adorable toe socks to have in a single household.

:3: