Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Does anyone have some tips for combating Black Cat Blob Syndrome? I've been trying to get a decent shot of my Tia for this thread for like a month, but no matter what I try, she always comes out a slightly tubby black blob.

Well okay, there's one exception, it happened completely by accident, and you can see the result of the accident right over there:

<---------------------------------------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

marshmallard posted:

Saw this cat on Cats Protection North London's Facebook page:

Look at those eyes!

Jesus H Christ if ever I get any money I'm going to have to block Cats Protection or else I'm going to adopt everything :ughh:

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

How do you tell them apart? I know three quarters of this thread is just dying to ask (once it got over the inevitable "wait wait who stole my cat and took a picture of it in a strange house?" reaction that comes along every time someone posts something new), so I'll do that for all of us.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

The other day I was in my kitchen pottering about, when I realised that there was a large, mysterious black blob in my kitchen.

Like any sensible person, I decided to follow it around with a camera to be sure I wasn't going mad and it was really there.

The blob wandered around organically, almost if it were some kind of animal. Hmmm. Could that be a tail?

Might those protrusions in fact be ears?

And wait just a minute...those are eyes! I had a theory.

It required closer attention.

Yes, I'm sure of myself now! I know what it is!

That blob was a cat! Charlie Alpha Tango.

Her name is Tia, and she is secure in her blobbiness.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Today was one of the hottest days we've had all year. I tried to get Tia-cat interested in Ball, her favourite toy. She loves Ball. Take it out, roll it around, drop it next to her, and she'll bat it and chase it round and round the room until kingdom come...

Oh. That's not gone well.

So then later in the day I take in this stupidly large box. Baffles me for a good while until I see what's in it and realise it's just overpackaging. OK, so I have a cool thing, but now I also have this useless box clogging up space...

"ThankyouverymuchfortheboxandIhavedecidednottokillyourightatthismomentintime..." *click*

And then she went to sleep again.

All's well that ends well!

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Click for big.

One day, Tia-cat went outside to have an adventure in the garden.

She walked over the wooden beams.

She is shaped exactly like a large black pear.

A large black pear with not just one but two enormous wibbly wobbly belly flaps.

And sometimes, she gets an idea into her tiny little walnut brain.

What do you want, kitty?

It's about this point that she decided to switch off the laws of physics for a few moments.

She jumped up, clung on for a moment, and then just walked vertically up the side of the tree :cool:

Of course once she got up there the light was all wrong and she became a Big Black Blob.

And then she came down! What a clever cat.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

What is it about cats and seeing things through banister railings that drives them so bonko? Tia is a wonderful gentle soul right up until if I ever try to pet her through the railings and then it's all GRAR GET AWAY FROM ME EVIL HAND OF DEATH SCRATCH BITE CLAW :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cat, hat. In French: chat, chapeau. In Spanish, el gato in a sombrero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgJvqyZNjs