Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

S-Alpha posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZV5iUIGaE

Yup, that's a Margaret trailer alright. And she has a suplex.

drat was that a tartarus entrance stage? Or just a background?

Either way it looks like her multiple persona are just different moves activating differenet ones as far as I can tell.

Looks good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hey, she has God's Hand as a skill attack. Sorry Chie.

That and that excellent theme is making me really excited for her.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ADACHI AND MARIE TRAILERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqaQsA3t0Aw

Oh no, they did the thing to his voice, god loving dammit.

EDIT:

I actually went to Atlus' USA account to link the new English trailers for Sho, Minazuki, and Slabrys, but stumbled on that. Hahahahha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XaC3B3K-Z4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvTtDkcSk0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td1fcstCZ1A

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 21, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Love how they translated "Tsundere" to "Antisocial" even though that is not at all what that means (and Marie is not even portrayed as antisocial, just kinda distant)

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

These english trailers upset me because apparently (just) the story mode is all Dub only, so they aren't giving you the choice to listen to it or not

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All the new characters look great and seem fun, but the more they pump into this the more bloated that story mode is gonna be. The first one had a fun and goofy story that took wayyyyyyy too long to get through because of lots and lots of repetitious lines and weak writing. If they just excise all the inner monologues and pare down the story to a similar length as the last game while including like twice the characters, I'll be very happy.

It doesn't really matter though because its a fighting game story and I'll be spending 90% of my time with the game playing online but still!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I sort of expect the story mode to end up being segmented between groups, but with people like Adachi, Marie, and Margaret getting their own stories and now they've got Slabrys who cannot possibly fit into any faction, it might end up being another loving series of individual story modes.

So basically we're getting a repeat of Continuum Shift Extend, it'll be awful.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Excels posted:

Love how they translated "Tsundere" to "Antisocial" even though that is not at all what that means (and Marie is not even portrayed as antisocial, just kinda distant)

who gives a poo poo

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Yeah, they showed these at WNF on the leveluplive stream last night after the Alex Valle vs. Matthew Mercer exhibition. I think Adachi sounds fine and I think Marie's gameplay looks like it might be pretty interesting.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't like the new Adachi voice, but I can deal. Also:

darealkooky posted:

who gives a poo poo

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

darealkooky posted:

who gives a poo poo

i try not to care about anything but occasionally i gently caress up

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Excels posted:

i try not to care about anything but occasionally i gently caress up

Caring owns

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

The thing is, Adachi's VA made him sound more nasally so not to confuse the listener with Yu, since their voice is both provided by Johnny Yong Bosch. It's a weird quirk and it stems from the anime's dub so meh. Meeeeh. I like how Margaret seems anti-Liz where she looks loving nuts.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Waiting for the photoshops replacing Slabs with Bender on that scene

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I kind of like Adachi sounding all nasally because it makes him seem like more of a pathetic loser.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's just too much for me. I'm too used to waiting for the buildup to where Adachi drops the act and goes "EVIL MODE" and Johnny Yong Bosch goes nuts in the best way possible. It's easily his best role and the fact that he can't act it the way he did in P4 and P4G is disappointing, especially because it would end up even funnier in a fighting game. I do like how slapstick he sounds whenever he is talking just being dropped into the tournament. Also I honestly though he was voiced by Spike Spencer for a minute when he did the finishing blow of his IK.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

MrAristocrates posted:

Holy poo poo eight Persona cards.

This has me concerned.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Excels posted:

Margaret don't Izuna Drop your sister, that's rude
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Izuna Drop combos into Hassou Tobi

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

It's just too much for me. I'm too used to waiting for the buildup to where Adachi drops the act and goes "EVIL MODE" and Johnny Yong Bosch goes nuts in the best way possible. It's easily his best role and the fact that he can't act it the way he did in P4 and P4G is disappointing, especially because it would end up even funnier in a fighting game. I do like how slapstick he sounds whenever he is talking just being dropped into the tournament. Also I honestly though he was voiced by Spike Spencer for a minute when he did the finishing blow of his IK.

souji/yu sounds like a grown-rear end man with a deep voice. adachi sounded fine when he was relaxed, then he just suddenly switches to Full Anime Villain voice and sort-of pulls it off. now yu and adachi both have to talk directly to each other which makes it really stupid, because they asked him to make Adachi's voice higher while Yu still sounds like an older guy. If anything, it should be in reverse

Excels fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 22, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

junpei was vic mignogna

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

junpei was vic mignogna

total brainfart on my end. edited

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Margaret's trailer was translated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPzTAGl4eOE

The Boy-Toy Toting Sadistic Secretary.

Also people are somehow managing to think that this is a sign that the P3 main character will be returning. :psyduck:

If I had a dollar for every time someone thought that the main character from P3 was coming back, I would be an incredibly rich man right now.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is like the final curtain call on the Persona 3/4 line of work. If he's not unlocked at the end of the true story, he will be a DLC character. Aside from Persona 3, all the games in this line of work have had happy endings and the ultimate happy ending would be the revival of the P3MC.

I guess you could look at the trophies for spoilers.
http://www.gamerinabox.com/1696-persona-4-arena-ultimax/Succes360-2.html

There's nothing that appears to mention the P3MC and the P3 ending uses Mitsuru as the silhouette, while P4 uses Yu.

E: Also a DLC P3MC (both male and female varieties) would be a license for Atlus to print money.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 24, 2014

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
If they wanted to, they could incorporate the P3MC as a DLC character and then not work him into the story at all. It's not like it's unheard of for a game to have completely non-canon DLC.

I don't really expect this to happen, but I don't really expect it not to happen either. Seems like something they might do as a cash grab, but there's already a ton of DLC characters.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I wish they hadn't dropped all these "hints" about Liz bringing him back, because it undermines the entire point of the original game and now thousands of idiots spam every Atlus stream demanding "Door-kun" get added to Ultimax.

I mean they had a literal playable epilogue explaining why that refusal to face reality was holding all the SEES crew back, and the end message was "get over it, he had a good reason to do what he did, and you can't go changing the past"

Volty
Jul 25, 2013

Excels posted:

I wish they hadn't dropped all these "hints" about Liz bringing him back, because it undermines the entire point of the original game and now thousands of idiots spam every Atlus stream demanding "Door-kun" get added to Ultimax.

I mean they had a literal playable epilogue explaining why that refusal to face reality was holding all the SEES crew back, and the end message was "get over it, he had a good reason to do what he did, and you can't go changing the past"

no you don't get it, he's a jesus analogy so of course they have to bring him back

Even if they did, they already used Thanatos so he would have to be left with what, Orpheus? Boring. I think the characters surrounding him do more of a good job paying homage to him than actually making him a full-blown fighter would.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

:ms:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i always thought Messiah was like, the evolved form of Thanatos mixed with Orpheus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You could just make him a DLC character and not give him a story mode or whatever. Basically, just have him playable without actually being 'canon.'

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Or have him playable in his door form and his gimmick is that he is immobile but takes way too many hits to defeat and can only win via time ups.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Bonus rounds will involved seeing how much of the seal you can break before time runs out.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Bonus rounds will involved seeing how much of the seal you can break before time runs out.

Chun-Li for Ultimax!!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Oh! My seal!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
You know what would be the best possible ending to this whole "bring back P3MC" thing the fans are clamoring for?

Elizabeth and the rest of the P3 and P4 crew succeed. They finally find a way to destroy Erebus for good and manage to release P3MC from the burden of being the Great Seal. At which point he thanks them, smiles... and fades away into the Sea of Souls, because he already sacrificed his life and you can't bring back the dead.

And then drive the point home by having Adachi make fun of any of the cast who are like, "No! Why?! :qq:"

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

W.T. Fits posted:

You know what would be the best possible ending to this whole "bring back P3MC" thing the fans are clamoring for?

Elizabeth and the rest of the P3 and P4 crew succeed. They finally find a way to destroy Erebus for good and manage to release P3MC from the burden of being the Great Seal. At which point he thanks them, smiles... and fades away into the Sea of Souls, because he already sacrificed his life and you can't bring back the dead.

And then drive the point home by having Adachi make fun of any of the cast who are like, "No! Why?! :qq:"

Umm sure that sounds good to me.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I am so excited for more Marie. She is my favourite :allears:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Opening movie for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was uploaded by Atlus Japan. Hard to believe there is only slightly over a month until an NA release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NStVCQIDdU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Opening movie for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was uploaded by Atlus Japan. Hard to believe there is only slightly over a month until an NA release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-4GQEZLJE4

I know that I, for one, can't wait.

Also, for the more import-inclined, the JP version is confirmed to be region free, you'll need 7000 PSN points if you're getting digital. So start looking for share buddies if you haven't already.

Edit: Also, apparently there's an alternate/reversible cover for the physical copy? Cool.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 25, 2014

• Locked thread