Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:
And here's the scan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

Here's some bigger scans...

Looks like they still have their Evokers... And does Akihiko have a knife? Where did those scars come from? I'm pretty okay with these new costumes after seeing them in better quality.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

Honestly I can't imagine Akihiko using magic that much, I was thinking of him as a sort of rushdown character whose main focus is punching you in the face. Mitsuru though definitely.

edit: also, from the MegaTen thread:

Axle_Stukov posted:

Some bigger screenshots of Akihiko and Mitsuru. Mitsuru has learned how to use something other then Marin Karin, kidding aside the Bufudyne looks like it hurts alot judging by how much of Yukiko's health is red. Akihiko though... take that cape off, it looks ridiculous on you.

heartcatcher fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 17, 2011

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

The hitstun meter was one of the first things I noticed about the game. I'm glad fighters are starting to have that more frequently, I think it's really cool and useful.

When we get this game I'm probably going to play Kanji, Naoto, Akihiko, and Labrys but I'll probably give every character a try at least to see who feels best.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

I'm hoping between now and console release they put out some kind of balance patch because I was really excited for Labrys and from what I've read here and on Dustloop she seems like she could use some boosting up. A friend of mine just came back from being in Japan and a lot of what he was saying about the game got me even more excited for it but really made me want certain things patched... Summer can't come fast enough.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esQXF9UGFw0

Here's the english trailer from E3. It has the voices of the P4 cast.

Also, for those worried about not having the Japanese voices: https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/209906531016245248

AtlusUSA twitter posted:

CONFIRMED: #Persona4Arena will have both English and Japanese voice tracks!

edit: And the official release date is August 7

heartcatcher fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jun 5, 2012

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

I did not quite realise those titles are a thing that showed up in game-play. This game has suddenly got about ten times more funnier.

And is that Bret Weaver doing the announcer voice? It's been a while since I've heard him doing things.

People on Dustloop are saying the announcer is Patrick Seitz (Ragna from Blazblue's English voice actor, also apparently Dracula).

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

Isn't Navigation just Rise's commentary? That's my best guess.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

I love that Kanji's instant kill is officially localized as The Man Series: Brofist. :getin:

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

Labrys's voice is not how I pictured it at all. Maybe it's similar to her Japanese voice but I haven't really seen videos with her. Oh well, everyone else seems fine.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

2012 posted:

Anyone from Los Angeles on here know of any shops that are selling the game early? Sorta... fiending... over... here... *shakes*

I don't live there or know if they have any copies left, but I have friends that live in the area, and I guess GAMEPLAY in Long Beach was selling it early, starting Thursday night. Call them and see if they have any left!

5911 E Spring St
Long Beach, CA 90808
Phone: (562) 421-6880

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

I'm signed up for the tournament too. Hopefully I can get it early in the day so I can mess around a bit before playing online.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

Well I got knocked out of the tournament. I was surprised there weren't any other Kanjis I saw. Fun stuff, I'm looking forward to the Week 1 tournament.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

Thanks to whoever it was that was mashing with me online for a bunch of matches (kooky). I am learning how to deal with Elizabeth's tricks.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh wait, fighting game snob thread. Right. Sorry.

I'm not a fighting game snob at all, there's demonstrations of every challenge mode combo you can see by opening the pause menu and selecting Demonstration. It's also on some button I think RT is the default. Just watch those if you can't figure out the combos.

I do agree that there should be some indication that you need to double jump or jump cancel something but it's not that hard to figure it out otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

I'm interested in learning Akihiko. I picked up the game when it came out, lost interest really quick, and lately I've been interested in picking it back up and trying a different character. It helps that the game will be at EVO this year, that should give the thread some extra activity maybe.

• Locked thread