Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I really don't know why they bothered with Aigis outside of her being some robot fanservice character. If they wanted other SMT characters in the game, they should have just made Megaten Fighter.

Then at least we'd get Raidou Kuzunoha fighting Jack Frost or something else that's cooler than robot chick. Maybe one of the two remaining unknown characters is a P3 character? Minato could be a cool Ken/Ryu deal with Yu Narukami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

LightningKimba posted:

The problem is that he's dead.

Not if you've got the Female Protagonist going!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Siliconera: Akihiko Sanada and Mitsuro Kirijo are the final 2 cast members

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Armor-Piercing posted:

MC only isn't in the game because he's so awesome that he was the obvious choice for DLC content, right? :(

Final boss.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Check it out, screenshots of Akihiko and Mitsuru

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

High resolution screens of Akihiko and Mitsuru

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

New location test coming next week!

We'll probably get to see Akihiko and Mitsuru footage here.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bunch of new screenshots

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

zarron posted:

When is this game supposed to drop again? I need to import this immediately once it drops. I hope Altus have a fast way get this over to the states.

Summer 2012 for consoles.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Check out these new clips of some super moves!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A bunch of new move videos featuring Teddie, Naoto, Aigis, Mitsuru, and Akihiko

So uh does Naoto just casually combo into a Fatal KO super like out of Fist of the North Star in her video 2? :stare:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I dunno I'm pretty into Tales of Syrian export myself.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUDDsUpI1Xk&hd=1

New Tutorial video.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh my god, Yu as Ky is perfect.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

:siren: HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER :siren:

Some new robot girl named "Labrys" to be included with the console version

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That sure is a thing alright.

edit:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

When I saw this the first thing that came to mind was that godawful Valkyria character in Valkyria Chronicles 2

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

dontaht posted:

Besides hair/eye color? I don't really see it. I think it would be hilarious if it turns out this is Teddie's answer to Aigis.

I was more thinking along the lines of something really visually frantic and over-designed, like it seemed pretty out of place. Then again Aigis is a gun toting robot already so I guess those two can hang out and talk about robot stuff.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Famitsu released some official screenshots of Labrys, click the picture to see them and some new screens of the color variations/Mitsuru's super?

Sure, another robot girl. Why not? It's not like Persona has 5 games worth of material to draw additional characters from. Maya who? Junpei what? Eikichi huh? Nope, robot girl.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

Hey, they remembered Maya, Eikichi, Baofu and Yukino:

I mean, yeah, Naoto-as-Yukino and Yosuke-as-Eikichi are the only ones that are easily identifiable (Mitsuru-as-Maya is pretty much impossible to identify, while you can really only tell that Kanji-is-Baofu because his persona is dressed up as Odysseus)...

Whoa, Yosuke-as-Eikichi is actually pretty spot on. All he needs as a guitar case that's actually a machine gun and he's all set. Maya wasn't that hard though, her coat should be more white though.

I was just throwing out names there earlier but I was trying to say that there's like 5 Persona games, use someone from one of them instead of making new dudes please. I'm sure Junpei would have loved being here, or hey maybe Katsuya. Katsuya's Kool with the Kids! Or Shinjiro! Come on, stranger things have happened AND he uses an axe!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Atlus USA are doing "everything possible" to keep the full English VA cast list from P3 and 4 for P4: Arena

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

P4 Arena to have "more volume" than BlazBlue on its home console release

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Cinroth posted:

Bring back Shinjiro

The Best Answer.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

zarron posted:

When is this coming to consoles in Japan? I am going to get this and then both the 360 and PS3 versions when this finally hits the states.

In the summer, when the states get it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

^^^ gently caress YEAH! HERE'S SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE SCORE. DEMI loving FIEND. DEMIFIEND.

Cityinthesea posted:

Main character huh...

It's obviously Raidou Kuzanoha, with Raiho as his persona.

This makes me really wish that this was Megaten Fighter and not Persona 4. Megaten has so many cool characters but to restrict themselves to 2 games is such a shame.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dojima was originally planned to be in this game.

Neat!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Screenshots of Elizabeth and Shadow Labrys

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If I recall my strange Japanese society studies (read: the Dangan Ronpa thread) the terms "Carnivore" and "Herbivore" refer to someone's romantic personality.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd honestly prefer it if Arcsys made an actual Megaten fighter rather than Continuum Shift Extending this game. There are a lot of really cool characters in the broad Megaten franchise, like Demi Fiend and Raidou, who would probably be fun to play as.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Achievement list is out

Surprise it's the exact same poo poo Arcsys does for BlazBlue! It's okay, I guess.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Also I get that some people didn't like Rise's 'analysis' in P4, but really, who would choose to hear Fuuka instead? :geno:

"Gasp! The enemy!" at the start of every match.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Elec posted:

Really glad I just found this thread.
I've never played any Persona games, but am probably picking up P3P soon and P4 for Vita when it comes out.

I found this game in a game center nearby (I live in Tokyo) and played through it without knowing anything about the character, what I was doing, etc. Cleared arcade mode with Narukami and it was really fun.

I don't own a PS3 so I am wishing on a star that there's a Vita port in the future. Google tells me this is probably not happening though.

Arcsys ports pretty much everything to portables now, so it wouldn't be too surprising if like next year there was P4A Extend 3DS/Vita or something.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Now you've gone and made me think of Shun Di from Virtua Fighter. Like Dojima would have a "get drunk" move and the more he does it the better he gets.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd love to see how Eikichi turned out in the future, as apparently P3 claims he managed to both work out his daddy issues to become a sushi chef AND became a pretty boy rockstar. That'd be weird and probably neat.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mio Bison posted:

Raidou Kuzunoha and Demifiend need to be in this game and canon is not an acceptable barrier.

The correct-est opinion. Raidou 4 Lyfe.

edit: also maybe that dude from Strange Journey. A machine gun dude could be cool, but if I had to pick between him and a grown up Eikichi and his El Mariachi machine gun then I'd take Mr. Sushi Glam Rocker.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

360 version is getting a netcode patch

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

blue font posted:

Psyched for this game, though. Planning on repping Persona 3. Akihiko and Mitsuru were always mainstays in my party, so they'll be the first I'll take a test drive with. I usually avoid jumping on s-tier character bandwagons in most fighting games just out of personal preference, but I don't think that'll dissuade me from using these two this time.

I'm not a bandwagon fan myself, but be damned if I'm not going to give Mitsuru the running start.

She was my favorite too in P3, so I got really excited when they announced her for this. Then the game dropped and I started watching all these fights and reading up on Dustloop and realized that Arcsys basically used BlazBlue's Jin as the starting point for her moveset. I'm one of those sad, sad people who poured way too much time into BBCT, specifically as Jin, and the idea of having a super-charged version of it in a game that's actually good was pretty much all I needed to see. I'm probably gonna get stomped online but be damned if I don't want to make my friends get mad all over again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh man, Mitsuru is everything I hoped she would be. This game owns.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

404GoonNotFound posted:

And her Furious Action has a hitbox that is EXACTLY as big as it looks (read: loving HUGE). It's beautiful :syoon:

Oh man, tell me about it. The drat thing can nail people through their personas no sweat. I can just throw it out there and tag them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

AG3 posted:

P4G wasn't region locked either, so people who really wanted it as early as possible (like me) could just import it anyway.

Yeah, and there wasn't even any DLC so you didn't even have to worry about Vita's bullshit quasi-PSN account swapping. Just slot it and go.

• Locked thread