Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

-Troika- posted:

The scar is from when Akihiko gets attacked by the giant Shadow that appears at the start of P3.

That's a heck of an attention to detail if that's true. I'm so pumped. It looks like he has a cape as well, or at least a jacket wrapped around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Hm, looks like Akihiko has some kind of "LV" counter above his super bar. Wonder what he levels?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Those stages look gorgeous.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I really do hope Kanji has a move called "Renovate."

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Trailer got me more hyped for the game. Come on, announce a US release! Also, I really hope the writers for the anime (it's actually pretty good, honest) are doing the story mode.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

So Atlus sent out an e-mail of what was seemingly a black rectangle, but some photoshop work indicates it's a teaser for Mayonaka Arena.

http://kotaku.com/5885885/looks-like-the-persona-fighting-game-is-coming-to-the-west

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yu as Minato is awesome. I just wish there were more Megaten references in the colors. :(

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

On another note, anyone figure out if the rest of Yu's alternates are referencing anything?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Aigis has a pretty awesome remix of Heartfelt Cry. I swear I've heard something like Chie's theme somewhere, like menu music or something. :psyduck:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I want to say Akihiko's theme sounds very familiar but I can't put my finger on what it's a remix of.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I really do hope Chie stays very good. I'm planning on maining her.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Maybe she's branching out to Capoeira.

EDIT: Ha, just noticed the heavy bag in the center of the room.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 19, 2012

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

More screens from Famitsu showing story mode and the main menu: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201204/20013291.html

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yeah, I think Bailey toned down the pitch for Rise this time. Sad about Teddie, though. :(

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I liked Chie's Japanese voice in the anime. :shobon: Still, I'm probably going to keep the voices on English when I play.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I thought Arena was only 2 months after the end of 4?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Oh dur. :doh:

EDIT: Has it really been 4 years since 4? drat. :stare:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Wow, Akihiko made a jump in the tier list. Wasn't he bottom of the barrel originally?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Kanji has the best moves names.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I think I mentioned it in the past, but I would absolutely love a "Still Searching for the Penguin" title for Kanji.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Katsudon posted:

(she's also said some uh... interesting things about the fate of the anime dub)

Well that doesn't sound good, but I'm not surprised considering that mess. :(

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Also I think they're vs. CPU, so really it isn't too representative of play. Anyway, Rise doesn't sound like she'll get too grating during matches, which is nice. It may be just me, but it sounds like Aigis's VA has changed since P3.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Haha, I like that the achievement for blocking a lot is 'Null Physical'. Well played, Atlus.

Yeah, there's a bunch of references to the series which is awesome. My personal favorite is "Meat Dimension." And it looks like there will be multiple titles.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Spiking posted:

This thread is a really weird mix of FG fans and RPG fans peacefully coexisting. But will it last after the game is released???!!

We need the Nanako "Noooo Fighting" panel from the P4 comic.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

New English tutorial video featuring Mitsuru!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDGSksZdTw0

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

The stream was fun to watch and the chat was surprisingly civilized from what I saw.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Ha, I liked Chie's defeat cry in Yosuke's video. "I can't believe I lost to Yosuke! :gonk:" Of course he's a dick right back by going "Your muscles must be huge!" in Chie's video.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I'm hoping for a "BIONIC ARRRM" moment with that move in a tournament.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

She improved a lot in FES, so I would think so.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Crossposting from the Megaten thread:

Okay, this is one awesome homage:

The original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-TfJ9c-m1E

Seems like ArcSys has some big Megaten fans.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Wait, is that title a Chief Wiggum reference? :psyduck:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

That's actually really cool. I bet there will be some hiimdaisy references snuck in.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

So do we know if we have the ability to change voiceovers individually because I like certain character's English VAs and some of them are horrible.

Edit: If you cannot hear the Joisey in Labrys' voice you'd probably be okay with it.

I've lived here long enough to hear it though. Holy poo poo.

Haha, I sorta hear it too now. Gonna have to try the robot student council president wise gal now.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Ugh, I do hope there's a day one patch for that. Not a dealbreaker, but definitely a pain.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Buhbuhj posted:

It's Arc Sys so it'll get fixed, it's just a matter of how fast can they do it.

Were there any major bug fixes for Blazblue? I honestly forget if there was a similar situation in that game.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I'm tempted to take the trip into NYC just to get it from Video Games New York. Anyone there later in the day able to tell if they were running out?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

CaptainPoopsock posted:

You should because that store rules, they're not Gamestop and they have staff that actually know a thing or two about video games. :) Give them a call tomorrow. I think they open at 11am. I'll also be in the area again tomorrow so I could check for you. How far away are you?

Oh yeah, Persona 4. This game is incredible. I've been going through the challenges just to learn the characters and how they play. I really can't decide who my favorites are, but Akihiko and Mitsuru are pretty fun. Also digging Naoto. If anyone wants to spar, practice or just screw around my PSN is SirSpergsalot.

I was there last week. Jaw hit the floor with the amount and variety of games. Shot the breeze with the employees there for a while and had a great time. I'm in New Jersey, but I might head in to hang out with my sister as well.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I love how the main menu alternates between the Persona 3 and 4 world map music depending on who's on the screen. :3:

Fake Edit: Oh drat, and now it's playing the P3 dorm music.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Not sure what the big deal with Chie's new VA. She sounds fine to me. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

The Grimace posted:

Chie's new voice actor Erin Fitzgerald does a really good job. Yeah, her first two lines are a bit weird, but she's also supposed to be overjoyed and screaming with enthusiasm. You can't really get a good gauge on someone's vocal skills with that in mind.

I always figured her first line is supposed to be exaggerated and fake sounding since she's trying to hide from Yu that the Midnight Channel is back. I thought Fitzgerald did a great job during Chie's "bad end" of her story path when Chie and Akihiko fight over the beef bowl. That was hilarious.

• Locked thread