Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Man, how many dive kicks does Yu have? From watching videos, I think even Izanagi has one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

randombattle posted:

So hang on does the story really end with Yu going Investigation Team is back together! and not doing anything about the mysterious voice or anything that happened? I thought he's supposed to be the main character but the story just sort of stops.

Have you finished Labrys' story yet? That's supposed to let you continue everyone elses' stories.

From what I hear, the story is supposed to end with Yu and the team deciding to head to Port Island?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

CaptainPoopsock posted:

One thing I don't get about the fighting game community is when people say you don't learn anything by fighting the CPU. Sure, you don't learn mind games which make up a very important aspect of all competitive gaming and I won't dispute that, but if you can beat the CPU in score attack mode and that's how you cut your teeth before going online then you're obviously doing something right. :D

So this kind of got buried in all the spoiler talk, but no, you really don't learn anything against the CPU. Especially in Score Attack mode, for two reasons: generally the human opponents you fight aren't going to read your controller/be ridiculously overpowered and (this applies to normal modes too) the AI is really dumb. You can bait them into doing the same thing over and over again, and you can always punish it for easy damage. Most human players aren't dumb enough to fall for the same thing more than once, but the AI will happily play right into your hands.

All fighting the CPU will really do is help you practice some combos against something that isn't a Target Dummy. And, I don't know, prove that you actually know how to press buttons.

EDIT: Just look at this video of someone playing against Boss Elizabeth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt_zS5F1DVU

Marvel at that amazing AI just walking into Naoto's traps.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 15, 2012

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Hater posted:

Goddddddd Mitsuru is such a pain to fight against, she has so many ways to shut yukiko down. Any tips for yukiko vs. mitsuru?

The general agreement on the dustloop thread seems to be that you're in a horrible match-up and basically have to rely on just keeping away.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I'm still trying to figure out why Atlus wanted to make a P4 fighting game, made a large percentage of the characters not from P4, and then made all top tier characters those from P3.

In what world is 4/13 a large percentage? Or are you counting Labrys, the original character who's pretty much a P4 character since her debut game is a P4 sequel and she goes through the whole P4 "face yourself thing"?

Aside from that, P4's entire cast of playable characters is in this game. The only thing they could really do from here on the P4 front is throw in villains/NPCs or do gimmicky crap, and that wouldn't mesh too well with the fact that this game is trying to have a story consistent with P4.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 16, 2012

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ankle-biter posted:

Also, as an aside...gently caress the last sliver of health. I dunno what it is, but the game won't let you kill people unless you get a solid hit on the last sliver. I've had a ton of games tonight where I get to about half health and the other person has a sliver left. I simply cannot kill them and they comeback all the time. I don't understand why this is going on and it's literally killing me!

You just can't get killed from chip damage. It makes knowing how to block even more important, and means that if you're really drat good you can actually turn a match around even at 1 HP.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Speedball posted:

So, any bets on what the other members of SEES look like now that they're older and can pick their own clothing? Because, really, Akihiko's design still floors me.

Fuuka's design is pretty sensible, so it's probably just Akihiko and Mitsuru. Though I'd love to see Junpei come out dressed like a samurai or Ken... I don't know, really.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Man, playable Adachi will be super awkward if the game gets dubbed.

I haven't really been keeping up, do we know anything about the plot beyond "this happens like a day after the first game because we only have a week to work with"?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Man, no Shadow Marie? I was expecting Izanami to show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Excels posted:

why would you want an even more unbearable version of marie? are you a glutton for punishment?

Why wouldn't you want to play as the final boss?

• Locked thread