Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The only downside to this game so far is the serious lack of Junpei.

Look at how badass Akihiko and Mitsuru look. Junpei must be some muscular man god knocking bears into orbit with a baseball bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Axle_Stukov posted:

Junpei is just biding his time, waiting to be the first DLC character in a combo pack with his best bud Koromaru.

We can only pray. I mean, Naoto got in, where's my Goatee wearing and intelligent dog buddies?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Neo Featherman Yukari and Baseball Star Junpei? Is this heaven? :allears: Also it looks like there's space for 2 more characters. And the P3 people (and Labrys'es) are the bottom row and the top are all P4.

But we're all out of P4 characters.

Perhaps some Glam Rockers and Motorcycle mechanics will join our battle at the ultimate?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Superstring posted:

Don't they need to put in the bad guy too? Whoever it is?

Saving it. They're fighting in the real world at times, and Tartarus is back. That seal has to be getting frayed. Erebus possessed Minato Aristo is gonna be the final boss.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 26, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I wonder if we'll get to see Elizabeth's persona in the story mode at least. She's got her own unique one now at least, so I figured this would be an important plot point.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

I sure hope Ken is no longer a dumb character a few years post P3.

Now he's in his late teens so he'll probably be an even bigger poo poo than before.

Would have rather had the dog.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Here some more info on the golden arena mode.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/24/persona-4-arena-ultimax-dlc-story-rpg-lite-arena-level/

Also to note for first print editions in Japan, there will be a DLC storyline included. Also on the main website, there are two characters yet to be revealed. So I'm thinking it will be Ken, and possibly Adachi or Fuuka.

I put one of the names in spoiler tags for those who still haven't completed Persona 4 for some reason.

I wish those two last characters will be P2 characters (Preferably Tatsuya and Eikichi, but literally anyone from 2 would be amazing), but if they have to be P3-4 cast members I really wouldn't mind getting Koromaru in. Maybe throw in P3 Protag as a big final act story twist kind of deal? Literally anyone would be preferable to Ken and Fuuka.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Excels posted:

Persona 4 takes place about a year after P3 ends, and Arena's plot begins about two months after P4's True End.

Arena 2 if I recall, begins immediately after the end of the first one. More of SEES arrive and more poo poo hits the fan with the arrival of SHO.

Maybe Philemon will get off his lazy rear end and actually help out the Persona users. Or the mysterious guy capable of mimicking people and creating fake/evil Personas isn't Nyarly and this has been a big tease.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Shinji was stupid and literally only ever existed to get killed as a source of inspiration to Akihiko. If you're going to hate Ken at least hate him for the right reasons.

Dude was just a dumb annoying Kid in a setting that didn't really need one around. Also his social link for FeMC was pretty awkward and weird. I wish I could still find the clip of him and Akihiko fighting over her on youtube.

Sonata Mused posted:

Koromaru ditches Ken for Kanji when they meet. Persona 5 is Kanji, Koromaru, and Naoto running around and trying to solve crimes with Dojima.

Look, he has to be home in time for Dinner so he had to hire some new help.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Both. Oh god these are the worst. FeMC's social links were terrible...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Excels posted:

I liked her S.Links because Minako actually had personality. In fact almost every dialogue choice thing had a funny option.

"What do you like on your cereal, Leader?"
"I like tabasco sauce! :downs:"

Yeah but so did the Male MC. He was just kind of a sarcastic rear end in a top hat where his third option was almost a specific replay that could be summed up as "Oh yeah, sure :jerkbag:". Protag from P4 had something similar to Minako but instead of being full blown dumb goofy he was super earnest and innocent to the point that you're not quite sure if he's doing it on purpose. Kind of a Captain Carrot situation.

Wrist Watch posted:

:wtc:

Why did they feel the need to add more reach to a character with a spear?

It's cause Spears are cool and Chain Spears are the hypest poo poo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

S-Alpha posted:

Aaaand they've gone and dropped the Kenomaru trailer on us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3vWdCZ2NPA

That reminds me are there translations of these videos anywhere? I really want to know what all the newly playable characters joke titles are.

More on topic, Ken+Koromaru looks so good. Definitely adding them to my list of try hard characters alongside Junpei and Kanji.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Kanji got nerfs too, it's all good though because Yu is getting all of the buffs so he goes from second best to definitively THE BEST.

Eh, Kanji's nerfs don't seem that bad, though I will miss the ability to jump backwards then immediately launch into the drop down command grab while in the air.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm sure he'll be unique, but it's a bummer that they have 2 people using the same Persona!

It's kind of a big plot point that they do! What would you have them do, give Narakumi a persona that isn't his signature one or bullshit up a reason that Adachi suddenly has a new persona? As long as it plays different (which it will, more than likely it'll be completely different) it's fine.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

I just think Izanagi-no-okami looks way more badass.

It's also kinda silly everyone reverted back to their starting persona but eh.

It is but Izanagi-no-okami is kind of a super-form. Like it's not a walkin around town kind of persona. Also apparently Atlus decided that no one canonically upgraded personas for the P4 crew since they didn't happen in the story like the P3 cast did.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

That's... Pretty drat odd. So Yu canonically didn't give enough fucks to resolve his friends' problems? He didn't bother hearing Yukiko out? He didn't beat up Yosuke? He just dropped Naoto's investigation mid-way or what?

It's more like those events probably happened but their personas didn't evolve. Which makes sense since the changes the S Link ends aren't exactly huge characters changes like the ones the P3 characters face to evolve theirs. The P4 casts' evolutions always felt kind of tacked on since they're still the same character in the storyline where-as all the P3 cast have relatively big character developments to go along with the changes. Also most of the P4 2nd Tier Personas are kind of lazy changes that feel more like alt costumes than evolutions of characters.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 4, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

What's with Adachi's chunky evil looking boss?

That's probably whoever was controlling Labrys controlling someone to talk to him. Probably not Nyarly though, he's got the good sense to disguises as someones dead dad, not some guy with evil glowing red eyes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

I want Adachi to call me a filthy slut. :allears:

I just hope someone on the translation/localization team is a Giant Bomb. I would love to hear Adachi say "I use words like Dippy and then I Break out a 'BITCH!' ".

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

S-Alpha posted:

Yep, looks like Adachi is gonna have aviators! Not black or reflective ones, but aviators nonetheless:

So those color schemes are Velvet Room Boy, ???, and Tatsuya's Brother. Who's the middle one? Also those glasses are amazing on Adachi.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Excels posted:

Atlus clearly cares about the Arena games a lot, they're putting a ton of work into this with ArcSys.

Adding Margaret would be sorta redundant, but I guess one cannot argue redundancy when you can have two Rises fighting while Rise narrates both of them.

Just to give Margaret some unused personas like Jack Frost or pyro jack or basically any of the more popular ones that never got in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

His shadow sounds exactly like Adachi in the shadow world. I know it's the same VA, but I mean the same intonation and everything.

I dunno, I kind of like it for that. Drawing parallels with Adachi is kind of neat, especially after the Adachi S. Link happened.

• Locked thread