Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Grimace posted:

Crossing my fingers for Maya, Tatsuya, and Yukari to be added as additional characters. poo poo, add in Maki Sonomura too. There's a lot of potential for P1/P2/P3 characters to be added.

I'm hoping for Baofu, Katsuya, Ulala and maybe Elly. I know P1 and 2 aren't nearly as popular as 3 and 4 but I can always hope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm still holding out hope for P1 and P2 character DLC packs but that's a pipe dream.

I'm guessing the last character is whoever the boss ends up being it's Tanaka

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What is Yosuke's gimmick anyway? Is he just really fast? He looks kinda cool in those match videos but honestly everyone looks pretty neat so far.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think I'd rather have Adachi. He could even use Dark Izanagi.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Teddie's new voice really isn't doing it for me. The guy reminds me of someone that would be on a low budget Fox Kids show from 10 years ago.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rise rooting for both sides sounds a little weird.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Adachi would fit the game a lot better than Dojima. I'm still hoping he gets in as a DLC character or something along with some of the cast of P1 and P2 (I know it won't happen shutup :()

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Katsudon posted:

I don't think that was Atlus' fault at all, if I remember right they all realized that idea would be too silly.

Awesome but silly.

ahahaha does she really that's fantastic.

Moot point in Japan, they have different voice actors who sound nothing alike there. If anything it's because of where he is post game that he won't be in it, not that or even his Persona.

I would not put it past them to put him as DLC later though, provided the console version does well. Adachi has a very strong fanbase in Japan that has gotten him included in stuff before; his Japanese voice actor revealed on a drama CD that Adachi was finally put on one of the CDs because fans in Japan kept constantly requesting it, and it's probably the exact reason for why he has a social link in the Golden now.

Basically all his fans over there need to do is beg enough for it and it could end up happening. I'm not holding my breath for it (because once again, it's not like he's exactly able to willy nilly show up right now) but I sure wouldn't be surprised. (In which case Atlus USA can feel rightfully silly for keeping JYB as Yu)

I dunno. All Adachi really has to do to escape is to jump into a TV set and I'm sure prison has at least one. Also doesn't P4A take place in TV World so it's not like he has to worry about Teddie letting him out. It would be nice to have a more evil character involved that wasn't a robot girl.

Of course if I had my wish we'd have Baofu, Ulala, Katsuya, Elly, Lisa, Nanjo, Yukino and a few others as well.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 9, 2012

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

P4A seems like they are messing with the plot a little anyway. It wouldn't be that hard to turn Adachi into some kind of anti-hero or give him some reason to show up in order to resolve something that's not "abiding by the rules of the world" or whatever. I agree if they just say "I was just pretending BITCHES!" it would be lame though.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Something creepy about Rise licking her lips at the thought of her friends beating the poo poo out of each other until one is unconscious.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Baofu's persona is Wind based and also uses a ranged weapon so it should be him.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Just in case anyone is interested Giantbomb.com will be doing a quicklook with someone from Atlus later this week.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Snagged me a copy and signed up to get destroyed in another fighting game!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hey anyone doing the challenge mode? I'm trying Yosuke 23 and it requires a launch and then 7 strong attacks. I get to 4 and then he stops. In the demo it seems he does a little launch on the 5th hit but I can't seem to get the timing right. Am I supposed to just jam on it or is there a pause?

Also I am in the terrible camp.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Shadow Labrys is hard to fight against because you can't see what the hell is happening with her huge persona and axe taking up half the screen.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I like the way Yosuke plays I just suck really bad at not choking.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

OK I have to ask how do you avoid Naoto's instant death move?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

axleblaze posted:

Just do a high jump. It'll give you the extra time you need.

Sweet thanks! Now to figure out what Sukukaja does besides making dashes longer.

Yeah I was talking about her fatal. Just seems that no matter where I went a target was close enough to nab me every time.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I know the voice actor for Adachi is the same guy that did the main character's voice in battle and stuff but it looks like he's doing everything for him now. When he talks in the story I can't not hear Adachi saying it...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is Labrys Brooklyn or Jersey? Either way it's distracting and hilarious but I can't hate it. During the game Teddy's new VA isn't that bad so I have to retract my previous hate and I don't see any problem with new Chie.

Also had fun at the tourney last night even though I got destroyed. I like Yosuke but I really need to learn how to use him.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Chairman posted:

Neither; Boston.

Now when I think of Labrys she sounds like Carla from Cheers in my mind.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is there a trick to doing Yosuke's combo 23? It's the one where you launch them then hit B 7 times or so. I get 4 hits in then the combo fizzles and I can't really tell what I'm doing wrong. It seems like there's a slight pause after the 4th hit but I really can't get the timing right to know if that's the problem...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Emalde posted:

Do a double jump after that 4th hit.

Cool thanks I'll give it a shot!

EDIT: Hmm I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but he typically doesn't do the double jump after the launch combo starts. Every once in a while I can get it to happen but the dummy resets by that time and guards. Is there a specific point you can jump in the air mid combo?

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 17, 2012

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ixiggle posted:

Check to make sure you're not super jumping (you'll see a slight trailing image and jump way higher). You can't double jump after a super jump. For the double jump itself, what you're doing is cancelling the 4th j.B into a jump, and it needs to be fairly deliberate for it to come out. So think of it like j.b, upforward, j.b. It'll only cancel if you do the jump input right around when it hits the opponent. if they're teching out before the double jump B hits, then just try to hit b faster after doing the jump.

Cool thanks. The concepts of jump canceling and similar techniques have always been foreign to me so this will give me some much needed practice.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Wish I could make it. I've been practicing with Yosuke and would hope to lose less embarrassingly than last time.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Deltasquid posted:

I just think Izanagi-no-okami looks way more badass.

It's also kinda silly everyone reverted back to their starting persona but eh.

Most of the starter personas look better than their evolved forms so it's ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

S-Alpha posted:

Oh lord, here we go again. Another early Famitsu leak is out from the same guy who brought us the Adachi, Rise, and Ken leaks. (Take it with a grain of salt anyways.) Apparently we've got a new DLC character on the way come console release, and it'll be Marie, sporting Kaguya as a Persona.

Not the best choice, I'd say, but whatever.

Do people in Japan like this character or is Atlus just REALLY trying to get her to catch on despite her blatant shittiness?

• Locked thread