Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Miles Davis posted:

I've changed music four or five times. What have you done of any importance other than be white.

Oh Miles :allears: The man did have an impact on every sort of jazz so it would make sense for lots of Miles.

Free Jazz needs some John Zorn links. Goddamn, his music is...interesting, to say the least

Modern Jazz could probably have a section on the "swing revival" bands like BBVD, Setzer, and the Big Phat Band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I got around to seeing Ramsey Lewis and his quintet on his Sun Goddess tour last month. I enjoyed it for the most part. Played a mix of his own work and some covers. On Brazilica, most of the quintet left the stage while the drummer just did his thing for five minutes or so. Crowd went wild. It was definitely A Thing to see a legend like Ramsey and it was a great experience. Though his Dear Lord medley was tough to sit through. Too Gospel-y and dragged on for far too long

• Locked thread