Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

You Am I posted:

This car is the first new car which has come out for ages that I would really be interested in buying. I hope the pricing for it in Australia isn't stupidly marked up.

Same here, it's very peculiar. I never thought I'd want to pick up a car brand new but here I am considering it and... and... it's a Toyota?

Can't wait to see what dealer markup is going to be the first few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Internet Victory posted:

Why is this still being called the FT-86? Isn't it officially now the Scion FR-S? Are they putting out a version with a toyota badge too?

Here it is at the nurburgring

Can't wait to see the backseats in there.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Subaru: Makers of Attractive Automobiles

:psypop:

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Why would the CR not matter for supercharging, but be an issue with turbocharging?

I have just about zero experience with FI, by the by.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Mr. Toast posted:

Sounds like that test driver was making the mistake of shifting at peak power, thinking that the powerband ended there. Area under the curve guys :doh:

This poo poo drives me insane you have no idea. There was a guy on rennlist who tracked his boxster and did the area under the curve bit but... with torque instead of power. He ended up shifting below peak power.

Just so frustrating how everybody seems to have their own idea on this.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Okay that does sound completely awesome, but it's not exactly the cheapest motor in the world.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Phone posted:

Considering that dealers are trying to offload Honda Fits with navigation for 20K USD, I highly doubt the Toyobaru will be hovering around there. $24k on the super low end at a minimum.

I wonder how low the dealers will go with it under pressure. I'm considering getting one and would go the route of finding what I like, making a cash offer then kicking back and waiting.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Thankfully they offer a TRD Baby HANS device.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Internet Explorer posted:

Honestly should be mandatory for anyone in the UK. Just make it part of the NHS.

Hey, as a person of partial British descent. You're right. :smith:

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Voltage posted:

I love how the frsbrs is completely designed to be a fun enthusiasts car, a direct gently caress you to the beige camry trend that toyota themselves seem to have started. I cannot wait to scare the poo poo out of my local toyota/scion/subaru salesman on a test drive!

I demand that the FR-S / BRZ now be referred to as the "Fuss-bus".

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Dick Burglar posted:

Wouldn't it be "furrs-burrs"?

Yes, but fuss-bus sounds a lot more fun.

DORIFTU FUSS-BUS-U

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Oh god lift-off delay and clutch delay are the worst things that happened to cars. With the 996 I actually tied down the button that told the car the clutch was in. Of course, if I put the clutch in with cruise control on the engine would race to infinity, but at least I could actually heel-toe downshift properly.

I'm actually getting mad thinking about this. If I could replace the DBW with a cable in my car I would do it in a hot second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
teehee cockpit

• Locked thread