Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better
I might be in the wrong thread here. I just started learning Wordpress today. I bought hosting, a domain, and a premium theme. I am slowly figuring things out, but I was wondering if someone could help me out with setting up picture links and columns in the style of my theme. I'm not sure what to select or edit in order for my website to start displaying like the Theme's demo version.

The demo of my theme is here for reference: http://demo.dankov-theme.com/?theme=ProStore

In essence, what I'm trying to do is get my blog to display picture links like the ones in the style of the theme. I'd like the first two Picture Links to be my 2 most recent blog posts, and the row of 4 picture links that go under the two to become Sticky Links where I keep my "about me", "Ebook", "How to", "Why to" pages.

Any help, or maybe even a link to a good guide, as I'm sure I'll need more help soon, would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
So I'm trying to set up a page on my blog where if people enter their name and email address they may then download my free ebook. Would I do this via a plug-in? Any recommendations?

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
How would I make something like this? http://www.joybauer.com/photo-gallery/8-foods-to-avoid-at-all-costs.aspx

A blog post where each item has its own page. Is it a gallery? It looks like each item has its own page.

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
I've actually been wondering this myself lately. I have 0 backlinks, as I'm still working on adding content and I don't want people viewing my website until it's finished. When I do start making backlinks, if I just target it at my domain, would that be enough? Or must I also backlink each article? Do comments on other, more famous blogs count as backlinking?

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
So, I've been using twentyfourteen for my personal website, and I'm beginning to see its limitations. I think I'm ready to upgrade to a wordpress theme, but I'm spoiled with options. My website is for my students and their parents. I would like to use the website to post assignments, activities to do at home, and school news. I would like to eventually have the website serve as a tool where anyone can learn basic science. Does anyone have any recommendations of wordpress themes that they think could meet my needs? My current website is https://www.mrleggio.com but I don't like how dark it looks and the way the sticky links can't be redirected to categories. I'm leaning towards a magazine, or educational type theme.

Any recommendations?

• Locked thread